How do I sync the guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I sync the guide

To where I am exactly in my quest or quest line, I downloaded this and it starts me off all over the place I have no idea where to go or what to do because some quests ive done some I havent and it tells me to go places ive already been to do quests ive done.. so instead of wasting my time going to every position to see if I have or have not done it and make it worth the 30$ I just spent.. How do I sync this or do I have to just go from lvl 3 back to where I am following it

Right now what you'll want to do is first go into your game Controls settings and you should find a Zygor section in there. Set a hotkey for each of those 3 settings to make working with the guide viewer easier. Now resume the game and use your period key (.) to free up the mouse. Click on the drop down arrow on the guide viewer and select the guide that would cover your level (i.e. if you're level 9 load up the 6-16 guide). Once you've done that open your map then use that first hotkey to make the guide viewer visible again if it vanished. Now use the hotkey for advancing the guide to run thru the steps fast while watching the X on the map dance around. Once that X is close to where your quest markers are start going slowly thru the steps looking at each one. When you recognize a step you had just done for questing then you're close enough that you can start following the guide from there. You still might have to skip some steps for a little due to not having picked up a quest or already having done a quest but it won't take too long to finish getting in sync at this point.

We are working on a system that will basically do this all for you and we should have it released soon but until then this manual method is the only way.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

So basically the guide is useless unless you start from level 1.

Comment

It's not useless, just it takes a little bit of time to get yourself in sync with the guide on a pre-leveled character.

Comment

It is when you have to do this everytime you start the game. You manually sync it, it works. You stop playing and when you come back, you have to manually sync it again because it won't remember your last quest. The guide is supposed to be guiding me, not the other way around. Hence, it's useless.
          Last edited by felinith101; May 6, 2014, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Are you using the latest version of the guide? We did have an update go out a while ago to try to address the issue of it not remembering what you did last time. Try re-installing the guides.

Comment

Using the latest version.

Comment

Have you tried using the wrench icon on the Updater to re-install the guide files? You could also reset the guide by going to your Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/SavedVariables folder and delete the Zygor file in there. That will allow it to be re-created in case it's corrupted but deleting it will mean you'll have to click back thru to where you were.

Comment

Done all that.

Comment

I play 8 different characters and alternate which ones I use from play session to play session and it remembers each of them. It sometimes doesn't automatically advance when I reach a spot it tells me to go to, but it always (so far) starts off each character where they left off so your issue is not something I'm dealing with (fortunately). I even play a couple of characters on the other server and the guide starts where it left off on them too. It makes me wonder if something on your computer is keeping the guide from writing new information to the file.

Comment

Felinith101, do you have any other addons running that might possibly interfere with the guides writing to the SavedVariables file? That file keeps track of all the steps you did on a per character basis so if it keeps 'forgetting' where you were then it means that the guides weren't able to write to that file for whatever reason.

Comment

No other addons. I have no problems when I play WOW, so it's definitely ESO. The only solution I can think of is to lvl up my toon so I can use the next map guide. Hopefully, by doing a map from the beginning, the guide will work as it's supposed to.

Comment

Yes, this is common issue with the ESO guide. I have given this some thought. I know you are not able to see what quest we are on, but you do know what quest we have already done.(they are green, with a checkmark). Couldn't you cycle through these completed quests and when you come to a quest that is not done, (they are red), you could query the player, "is this the quest you are working on", or something like that? if the player answers "N" then you keep on truckin until the player answers "Y" and then you stop. The player can then continue on.

Comment

The team is working on something already for helping to find your spot in the guides, I just have no ETA on when they'll be finished with it.

Comment

Originally posted by kasmar45 View Post
                              Yes, this is common issue with the ESO guide. I have given this some thought. I know you are not able to see what quest we are on, but you do know what quest we have already done.(they are green, with a checkmark). Couldn't you cycle through these completed quests and when you come to a quest that is not done, (they are red), you could query the player, "is this the quest you are working on", or something like that? if the player answers "N" then you keep on truckin until the player answers "Y" and then you stop. The player can then continue on.
                              I've noticed that some quests still come up as red even though I've done them already. That's why it's so hard to figure out what quest I need to sync the guide. It would sync on one quest, but not on the next quest because I have already finished that quest. It would send me to an NPC who at times isn't there anymore because the quest had already been done. So I have to find another quest to sync the guide again. And if I log out before I sync the guide, next time I log in, the guide can't figure out what level I am and asks me again what map I'm supposed to be on and starts from step 1 of that map. So you can understand my frustration with the guide. It isn't as simple as advancing the steps until you find a quest that'll sync the guide. The WOW guide was awesome. And I was looking forward to the ESO one. Just real disappointed at the moment. Cabby is really good with answering and following through with our issues though, hats off to him.

Comment

Working...
                              X