• Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I am not used to using the terminal I will give it a try
    the terminal reports
    Last login: Tue Apr 8 14:03:30 on ttys000
    MacPro:~ xxxxxxxxx$ java -version
    java version "1.8.0"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0-b132)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.0-b70, mixed mode)
    and I can't put the .jar zip file ( the finder IDs your files as archive utility files and thatt is what it opens the file with.)
    in to the same folder as the terminal as the utilities border can not have anything else put in it
    so of course attempting to run your file from where it is automatically put (downloads which is hard drive,users,root,downloads) gets this error
    MacPro:~ root$ java -jar ZygorGuidesClient-5.jar
    Error: Unable to access jarfile ZygorGuidesClient-5.jar

Comment

You're not able to right click on the file and try to open it with a different app on a Mac?
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
        You're not able to right click on the file and try to open it with a different app on a Mac?
        Sure but it shows you every app on the computer and none of them are any sort of runtime java that I can see
        This gaming machine is not able to run any OS newer than 7.5 due to its motherboard design which may be a factor.
        The archive utility is the one that is auto selected for your jar files it it is the app that unpacks compressed file formats like sit I don't know why it is set to use jar files
        If you give me the terminal string to use for your file in the downloads directory perhaps that will work but old half remembered commands for command line computers from my school days in the 70s like /CD to change the directory do not seem to work and undertaking the learning of UNIX at my age just run this one java applet seems a bit much
        Last edited by Ulst; June 15, 2014, 08:41 PM.

Comment

I'm not very familiar with Mac but I did manage to get a virtualbox running with Mountain Lion on it a while ago for playing with now and then. I see that the Java stuff is in the System > Library section so maybe you could find something in there to open the .jar file with? For what I have it's in the System > Library > Java > JavaVirtualMachines > 1.6.0jdk > Contents > Commands folder.

I'm just taking some stabs in the dark to see if I can help.
          Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
          http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Thanks for the try but the java I think is a part of the OS as it is built on this old machine as can be seen by the terminal log in text above... The problem is a unix command string to access your .jar applet in the downloads directory

I can run your applet just fine on my mac book pro running mavericks on a mid 2009 15" with 2.8 ghz core duo 8 gig of ram but it plays the game slowly so I just use it for crafting not real game play
            The old Mac Pro is the problem It has dual 2 core 3ghz processors 20 gig of ram and a terabyte SSD as well as a 4870 video card and a pair of apple 24" monitors at 1920x1200 so it is my gaming machine... I can run XP on it under boot camp but the same 2006 mother board design that keeps me from running any osx newer than 7.5 keeps me at XP sp3 for windows.

Perhaps zygor admin can provide the needed terminal string when he is working on Monday ?

I will check here tomorrow
            Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Ulst View Post
              Perhaps zygor admin can provide the needed terminal string when he is working on Monday ?

I will check here tomorrow
              Cheers
              If by 'terminal string' you mean the command to enter into Terminal, then that's what I stated in my previous post, but I'll append that you have to be in the same working directory as your ZygorGuidesClient-5.jar file (in this case, it's whatever the client was named when you downloaded it).

When you open Terminal, you'll, by default, be located in ~ (/Users/<Your User>). If the Client is still in your Downloads folder, simply type the command "cd Downloads" (no quotes) and press enter. Once you're in the correct directory in Terminal, you can enter the command "java -jar <Name of Client>.jar" and it should either start, or throw another error. Either way, hope this helps a bit with the Terminal stuff.

On a related side note, I'm in the process of turning this silly .jar into native executables for both Windows and Mac, so once I finish that up, there'll be many less issues for both platforms in terms of getting the client to actually run.

Comment

Thanks that should fix things
                and it did. the updater is now installed and working but it is not installing anything to the desktop and I did say yes to that option when It updated itself

I will give the cd a try when I am in the office tomorow
                I am curious why the jar file won't run on the old Mac Pro it must have something to do with the default app assignment being the archive utility rather than the java run time which I guess in 7.5 is a part of the OS build rather than a standalone app

Btw on my 10.9.2 mac book pro the .jar just did an auto update (rather slowly as on the old mac pro it was almost glance and it was done) and this time when it asked if I wanted a desktop link I said yes but nothing was created that I see also the access box that you were butting up next to the wifi and Bluetooth icons is no longer being created either so I assume that the auto monitoring for updates is no longer being done... Right?

MacPro:~ wxxxx$ cd
                MacPro:~ wxxxx$ cd downloads
                MacPro:downloads wxxxx$ java -jar ZygorGuidesClient-5.jar
                /var/folders/rj/c2w3j27n0gxgj0p38k07ygkh0000gn/T/../Zygor/Zygor.jar
                Outdated. currentMD5: null (null)
                Waiting
                Jun 17 08:14:54 MacPro.local java[90018] <Error>: CGContextGetCTM: invalid context 0x0
                Jun 17 08:14:54 MacPro.local java[90018] <Error>: CGContextSetBaseCTM: invalid context 0x0
                Jun 17 08:14:54 MacPro.local java[90018] <Error>: CGContextGetCTM: invalid context 0x0
                Jun 17 08:14:54 MacPro.local java[90018] <Error>: CGContextSetBaseCTM: invalid context 0x0
                Array copy elongated this download by 6793ms.
                Download finished. Removing lock instance.
                Marking DL as finished
                Launching Zygor.jar
                Command: [/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/bin/java, -jar, /var/folders/rj/c2w3j27n0gxgj0p38k07ygkh0000gn/T/../Zygor/Zygor.jar, -launcherv2, -loader]
                MacPro:downloads wxxxx$
                Last edited by Ulst; June 17, 2014, 07:25 AM. Reason: added terminal feedback

Comment

I'll be pushing the native launcher later tonight, so I'm going to hold off until then to see if it fixes things up for you.

Comment

Well the now version worked as intended on the mac book pro running mavericks

but on the mac pro running 10.7.5 I get this
                    unable to load java runtime environment
                    after the command to the 5.jar file you see below your updater runs and that virtual drive is opened with the new version and a link folder to move it to the applications folder and the option to create a desktop link is accepted and the link icon appears

but then we get the unable to run here is output form the terminal
                    MacPro:downloads xxx$ java -jar ZygorGuidesClient-5.jar
                    /var/folders/rj/c2w3j27n0gxgj0p38k07ygkh0000gn/T/../Zygor/Zygor.jar
                    Current MD5: 94db23842440c81f6f043343891cbf7f
                    Latest MD5: 18BBBFF63C90602E80760329063CD774
                    Outdated. currentMD5: 94db23842440c81f6f043343891cbf7f (18BBBFF63C90602E80760329063CD774)
                    Waiting
                    Jun 20 09:05:46 MacPro.local java[19942] <Error>: CGContextGetCTM: invalid context 0x0
                    Jun 20 09:05:46 MacPro.local java[19942] <Error>: CGContextSetBaseCTM: invalid context 0x0
                    Jun 20 09:05:46 MacPro.local java[19942] <Error>: CGContextGetCTM: invalid context 0x0
                    Jun 20 09:05:46 MacPro.local java[19942] <Error>: CGContextSetBaseCTM: invalid context 0x0
                    Array copy elongated this download by 6573ms.
                    Download finished. Removing lock instance.
                    Marking DL as finished
                    Launching Zygor.jar
                    Command: [/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/bin/java, -jar, /var/folders/rj/c2w3j27n0gxgj0p38k07ygkh0000gn/T/../Zygor/Zygor.jar, -launcherv2, -loader]
                    MacPro:downloads xxxxxx$

Comment

So those errors relate to the GUI part of the client. Is this mac a physical computer, or is it a server of some sort with no graphics display attached to it? I've never seen this type of error, but from searching around, these are some of the things people mention as being part of the problem.

Comment

No this is on my gaming mac a 2006 Mac Pro with dual 3ghz dual core processors 19 gig of ram a 960 gig SSD running 10.7.5 an updated 4870 graphics card driving a pair of 1920x1200 apple Cinema Display monitors
                        The report where it worked above was with the last version before the installer that is crating what looks like a normal app that you put into the applications folder and when I ran that older jar file today the output above was the result

Comment

Originally posted by Ulst View Post
                          No this is on my gaming mac a 2006 Mac Pro with dual 3ghz dual core processors 19 gig of ram a 960 gig SSD running 10.7.5 an updated 4870 graphics card driving a pair of 1920x1200 apple Cinema Display monitors
                          The report where it worked above was with the last version before the installer that is crating what looks like a normal app that you put into the applications folder and when I ran that older jar file today the output above was the result
                          The log in your previous posts shows that you're running the Jar. Download the .dmg launcher here and see if it works. I imagine it won't, but it's still best to be using the latest versions of things.

Comment

Working...
                          X