AD guide Greenshade ( 22-30 ) completely hosed almost nothing works right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AD guide Greenshade ( 22-30 ) completely hosed almost nothing works right

beginning with step 29 this guide is completely f**ked.
    It sends me places with nothing to do and tells me to talk to people who have nothing to say.

I sends me back and forth to the Foundation for Trust and tells me to talk to the banker ( for no reason ) and the banker doesn't tell me anything other than asking which bank I want etc. etc.

At step 35 it tells me to go upstairs and talk to Nidras and Nidras IS NOT THERE. Nowhere in that building.

It tells me to talk to Cinnar a couple of times and Cinnar just asks if he knows me and won't talk.

at step 42 it says to click on a Hiding Place and there is NOTHING THERE ... NO HIDING PLACE.

These guides are terrible.

Can I get my money back?

I'm better off just playing on my own. Half of the crap they tell you to do doesn't work.

PS I have gone back to the beginning of this guide section and went through and tried to make every red step turn green and some of them simply will not and I made sure to exit through the right door ( usually the ONLY door ) but it still will not turn green.

It sounds like steps might have been skipped (by you or the guide viewer) and also sounds like the guide viewer isn't seeing map changes. Do you have any other addons active? Have you tried disabling them to see if there is some addon conflict happening? For any refund requests that is handled via email to support@zygorguides.com.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I do have quite a few add-ons. Never gave them a thought.

I noticed this morning that some things that did not work yesterday worked today.
      For instance, the guide sent me to the Foundation for Trust to find a hidden item and it was not there. But this morning when I went to the location == voila == there were icons over hidden items and they worked!

Don't know what the hell was going on yesterday.

A lot of these problems are GAME problems, I realize.

For instance this game lags terribly. I will often be in a fight and get killed and resurrect and AFTER I resurrect my Ultimate Ability will fire and it NOT FIRING on time got me killed.

Many things in the game simply do not work right.

For instance on Quick Slot items you might have a potion that says it immediately restores a 150 points of health.

IT DOES NOT

That is it takes it several seconds to restore those health points ( sometimes as long as 30 seconds ) and YOU DIE waiting for the damn thing to restore those points.

Potions and things that claim to immediately restore points DO NOT do it immediately.

These gripes, of course, have nothing to do with the z-guide ... I know that ... just once I get started typing and griping it's hard to quit

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
      It sounds like steps might have been skipped (by you or the guide viewer) and also sounds like the guide viewer isn't seeing map changes. Do you have any other addons active? Have you tried disabling them to see if there is some addon conflict happening? For any refund requests that is handled via email to support@zygorguides.com.

Comment

From what you're describing it sounds like all your problems are stemming from latency issues. Those potions are instant potions but if it takes that long for them to go off then you're having terrible lag between your client and the server. This can also cause all of the issues you've seen with the guides. Check your anti-virus and firewall settings or try disabling them and play test with them turned off. It might also be something with having to open some ports in your router or possible it's something with your ISP that's causing the problem.
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

At first I didn't notice any lag problems, but the last two weeks it has gotten progressively worse.
          If the game was mobbed with players I would attribute it to overloaded servers but the game doesn't seem to be that popular ( wonder why ) and there are not a lot of players from what i see. Nothing like what there was in WOW.

However, I have been playing behind a VPN connecting in the middle of Utah where not as many people use the Internet as in Phoenix because when I go to speedtest.net my download and upload speeds are twice as fast as connecting via my cable connection.

Somehow the VPN seems to bypass the cable company speed restrictions

But, awhile ago, I discovered the Windows Firewall was back on again. I keep turning it off ( I use Avast's firewall ) but Windows keeps turning it back on --- THEY SHOULD BE SUED for turning it on against people's wishes.

Also, I read that closing the Launcher helps and it does seem to.

That looks like very bad programming to me to leave the Launcher window open while the game is running and the game does NOT need to have the Launcher running all the time.

So, right now, it looks like it is a good idea to get out of any VPN you might be running and make sure Windows Firewall is off ( or that ESO launcher is allowed if you must use Window's Firewall ) and any firewall you are using allows ESO's Launcher and to close the Launcher window once the game has started.

This may not be a complete solution, but it seems to help.

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
          From what you're describing it sounds like all your problems are stemming from latency issues. Those potions are instant potions but if it takes that long for them to go off then you're having terrible lag between your client and the server. This can also cause all of the issues you've seen with the guides. Check your anti-virus and firewall settings or try disabling them and play test with them turned off. It might also be something with having to open some ports in your router or possible it's something with your ISP that's causing the problem.

Comment

Working...
          X