[RESOLVED] Error When Using Zygor With n-prime minimap Addon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RESOLVED] Error When Using Zygor With n-prime minimap Addon

Another error message that pops up involves minimap. Sorry i don't have the text....

Basically If you are using a minimap other then the default b/c you want to filter npc names or change the shape or whatever. The text part of the guide freaks out because it cannot put the button on the minimap and gets suspended. The arrow continues to point and update though.

Turning off my replacement minimap and turning on the default minimap resolved the issue...if anyone else comes to this thread and is have that particular issue.

At the moment this guide NEEDS the default minimap addon.
    Last edited by Zygor Admin; July 25, 2014, 08:32 AM.

Zygor Guides is not guaranteed to work with all third party addons but we will see what we can do to get this working. What third party addon are you using to change the minimap?
    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Oh no its fine really there is literally like 50 million different addons It doesn't bug me that much.

I just found it amazing you guys anchored your show/hide button to the minimap addon not just a part of the screen (free floating).

I was using n-prime minimap, but there raven and a million others. So its fine really lol just figured i'd tell people who see a wall of "error" text what to watch out for.

Comment

Originally posted by annihilation101 View Post
        Oh no its fine really there is literally like 50 million different addons It doesn't bug me that much.

I just found it amazing you guys anchored your show/hide button to the minimap addon not just a part of the screen (free floating).

I was using n-prime minimap, but there raven and a million others. So its fine really lol just figured i'd tell people who see a wall of "error" text what to watch out for.
        You have to be careful to click the very edge of the icon in order to move it around, but as the following screenshot shows this is possible:

a0d33dad6b.jpg

Also, can someone encountering this error give us the exact text?
        Last edited by Zygor Admin; July 24, 2014, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
          You have to be careful to click the very edge of the icon in order to move it around, but as the following screenshot shows this is possible:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1509[/ATTACH]

Also, can someone encountering this error give us the exact text?
          Fair enough!

logged in and turned on minimap addon to get Error text:

...NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointe r.lua:98: attempt to index field 'minimapAddon' (a nil value)
          stack trace:
          ...NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointe r.lua:98: in function 'SetWaypoint'
          ...\WildStar\Addons\ZygorGuidesViewer\GuideHandlin g.lua:304: in function 'SetWaypoint'
          ...\WildStar\Addons\ZygorGuidesViewer\GuideHandlin g.lua:280: in function 'FocusStepUnquiet'
          ...\WildStar\Addons\ZygorGuidesViewer\GuideHandlin g.lua:275: in function 'FocusStep'
          ...\WildStar\Addons\ZygorGuidesViewer\GuideHandlin g.lua:637: in function 'SetGuide'
          ...\WildStar\Addons\ZygorGuidesViewer\GuideHandlin g.lua:684: in function 'GuideLoadStartup'
          ...dStar\Addons\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:340: in function 'Startup'
          ...dStar\Addons\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:259: in function <...dStar\Addons\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesView er.lua:249>

Comment

Although we're not likely to openly support all kinds of replacement addons, we'll make it so that Zygor Guides Viewer at least tries not to freak out when it doesn't find the default minimap.

Comment

Originally posted by annihilation101 View Post
              Fair enough!

logged in and turned on minimap addon to get Error text:

...NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointe r.lua:98: attempt to index field 'minimapAddon' (a nil value)
              stack trace:
              ...NCSOFT\WildStar\Addons\ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointe r.lua:98: in function 'SetWaypoint'
              ...\WildStar\Addons\ZygorGuidesViewer\GuideHandlin g.lua:304: in function 'SetWaypoint'
              ...\WildStar\Addons\ZygorGuidesViewer\GuideHandlin g.lua:280: in function 'FocusStepUnquiet'
              ...\WildStar\Addons\ZygorGuidesViewer\GuideHandlin g.lua:275: in function 'FocusStep'
              ...\WildStar\Addons\ZygorGuidesViewer\GuideHandlin g.lua:637: in function 'SetGuide'
              ...\WildStar\Addons\ZygorGuidesViewer\GuideHandlin g.lua:684: in function 'GuideLoadStartup'
              ...dStar\Addons\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:340: in function 'Startup'
              ...dStar\Addons\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:259: in function <...dStar\Addons\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesView er.lua:249>
              Ok, just to make sure we understand you, when you enabled this third party addon you get the error, but NOT when you just have the games default minimap addon enabled. We believe your third party addon is disabling the default minimap addon and our Zygor Guides addon is dependent on this (currently). Does that sound accurate?

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
                Ok, just to make sure we understand you, when you enabled this third party addon you get the error, but NOT when you just have the games default minimap addon enabled. We believe your third party addon is disabling the default minimap addon and our Zygor Guides addon is dependent on this (currently). Does that sound accurate?

That is correct! >< again not a huge deal for me I can use the default map.

Comment

Fixed in 1.0.9880. A missing minimap should no longer cause Zygor to crash.

Comment

I've been using the Zygor guides for years, and I've never been a fan of decorating the minimap with buttons from addons. I'd prefer if I could disable the show-hide button completely. I know how to type /zygor.

Comment

Working...
                    X