No announcement yet.

Can't update world of warcraft guides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could you post a screen shot of your client but with the purchased guides section showing instead of the changelog showing?
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

1. Please Open the Task Manager via Ctrl+Alt+Delete and go under the Processes tab. Look for a process with an Image Name of java.exe or javaw.exe, right click on it, and select End Process. If you do not see this process, simply move on to the next step.

2. Delete any shortcuts on your desktop or anywhere else that the client created.

3. Delete the Zygor folder located at C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local

4. Re-download the client from http://zygorguides.com/javaclient/di...idesClient.exe and open it. This should trigger a fresh client update.

5. The client should open as expected, but let me know if it doesn't.

Comment

Hello Zygor Dev 6, your solution brings some light in the darkness. A lot of javaw.exe files are in the processes tab. When I deleted a few, Zygor client comes pupping up. So it seems a java problem is it? Because i had this problem several times also after reload en fresh file. How can I change it that this won't happen again?

Comment

Unless you're certain those other java processes are something that isn't the client, then yes that is an issue I will have to look into since it is a bug for me to fix. Just end them all. and try to get the client started up following the steps I described.

Comment

Maybe I can tell you what I do in steps.

I deleted all Zygor files
            2 I download a fresh copy or your site
            3 After downloading the client start and so far so good
            4 The client does NOT make any shortcuts
            5 After turning of the computer and put it on tomorrow I can't open the client
            6 I look for the excecutable file and click that one
            7 sometimes It tell me that the shortcut is not good and he ask me to change it to desktop
            8 after saying yes or no the problem comes again

Comment

I also saw that automaticly a map was created with the name null. This map was created in the download map because there was the fresh copy of the client

Comment

Originally posted by orteq View Post
                Maybe I can tell you what I do in steps.

I deleted all Zygor files
                2 I download a fresh copy or your site
                3 After downloading the client start and so far so good
                4 The client does NOT make any shortcuts
                5 After turning of the computer and put it on tomorrow I can't open the client
                6 I look for the excecutable file and click that one
                7 sometimes It tell me that the shortcut is not good and he ask me to change it to desktop
                8 after saying yes or no the problem comes again
                The shortcut dialog shows up if you try to run the .jar directly. Always use the executable to launch the client. It won't ask you to create a short cut after you have already created or declined creating one.

Comment

Originally posted by orteq View Post
                  I also saw that automaticly a map was created with the name null. This map was created in the download map because there was the fresh copy of the client
                  What do you mean a map?

Comment

I downloaded as you said. I can open the client again but there is no shortcut. In the Zygor file is see now only the flile log and the executable jar file. When I click the .jar file it ask me to make a shortcut but there it goes wrong.
                    Last edited by orteq; October 23, 2014, 05:06 PM.

Comment

I mean file

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Dev 6 View Post
                        Always use the executable to launch the client. It won't ask you to create a short cut after you have already created or declined creating one.
                        There is no executable file to open the program. Where should that file be?

Comment

Ooooh yeah I've never seen this bug before. I'm out at dinner currently so I will look into this when I get home. In the meantime, you can manually install the guides through the members section if that'swhatyou're trying to accomplish.

Comment

Working...
                          X