Hallow's End Candy Buckets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hallow's End Candy Buckets

Since the achievements guide now uses the achievement instead of the quest flag to track candy buckets is there any way, other than manually progressing the guide 1 step at a time, to use the guide to go and collect candy buckets?
    Last edited by amemir; October 18, 2014, 06:06 PM.

You can turn off the automatic step advancing in the guide options.
    If you don't want to click the next step button all the time you can assing a key to it in the standard WoW keybinding options.

Comment

For something that is repeatable each year, as most events are, I feel that there should be alternate guides added that use the quest flags for things like Elders, Bonfires and Candy Buckets as they are reset each year, while achievements aren't, which means the guides function without having to provide a workaround.

Looking through the files it seems Elders and Bonfires are still using the old format where it tracks quest completion, is there a reason why only the Hallows End Candy Buckets were changed to use the achievement for tracking?
      Last edited by amemir; October 18, 2014, 06:07 PM.

Comment

There are reasons to do it both ways. As you stated for things that are repeatable every year using quest IDs will help people that already completed it and now want to repeat it a year later.
        Using the achievment ID is better if people only want to go for the achievement and for example did part of the stuff a year ago and now only want to do the missing stuff.

There are several reasons why one guide uses a different approach than the other. Differnt people created the guide, one guide was completely reworked using the new mechanic while others were untouched.
        Are there even elders and midsummer fires in Pandaria? If not then these guides simply did not get reworked.

Comment

I accept that the achievement ID is better for people who do part of it one year and want to pick up where they left off the next year, but it is totally useless and punishes players who have already completed the achievement and want to repeat it.

No Elders were added but there were 8 Bonfires added in Pandaria in the 2013 event.

Whether the guides were reworked or not doesn't really matter though, the point I'm trying to make is that paying customers shouldn't have to use a workaround to do repeatable content because certain guides are coded to use achievements, making them optimal only 1 time per toon, instead of tracking the quests which makes it repeatable each year without having to jump through extra hoops.

Comment

If this is intended to work off the achievements, then break the guide down into the separate achievements. Having to page through all the steps to the area I'm currently leveling in to start collecting buckets is ridiculous. Not everyone wants to start in Stormwind.

I also think the pathing could be a lot better. I have to fly back and forth across the continents, sometimes almost directly over buckets that are later in the guide. As the guides are right now, they waste a lot of time going from place to place.

Comment

As I already had partial guides for the buckets in my custom guides I quickly put together a quest based guide for the Alliance candy buckets.
              Unfortunately I did not have the time to optimize the route as Blizzards flight paths normally are really stuipid and I'm away until Thursday.
              You find the link to my custom guides in my signature, extract them to your WoW\Interface\Addons\ZygorGuidesViewer\Guides folder.
              The guide is then in Contributed\Events\Hallow's End\Tricks and Treats - quest based

Remember that you need to reinstall the guides when you use the repair option in the Zygor updater.

Comment

Working...
              X