No announcement yet.

Zygor Client Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It wasn't virus scanners. Is it working for you guys now?

Comment

updated it seems to be working fine now
      Last edited by snipersparadise; November 3, 2014, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Dev 6 View Post

Still being blocked and giving me warning even though I can see the path has changed to :

file:C:\Users\**UserName**\AppData\Local\Temp\Zygo rGuidesClientInstaller.exe

Comment

Yep, working fine now, thanks

Comment

Completely removed Zygor this morning, re-installed from a new download to a new location on my computer. All working fine for me now.

Many thanks Zygor for getting to this promptly, nice work!

Comment

I don't know if this could be related to me running 64 bit windows 7

but I have now completely removed any trace of zygor guides on my computer.
              deleted all files and folders - run a registry cleaner with ccleaner
              downloaded zygor installer on another computer, transferred the file to my gaming computer.
              The client starts to download, and still I'm being blocked and told it's the trojan

Comment

Originally posted by mab3250 View Post
                I don't know if this could be related to me running 64 bit windows 7

but I have now completely removed any trace of zygor guides on my computer.
                deleted all files and folders - run a registry cleaner with ccleaner
                downloaded zygor installer on another computer, transferred the file to my gaming computer.
                The client starts to download, and still I'm being blocked and told it's the trojan

I can see upon running the installer, it places a Zygor.jar file in the root of my c: drive - haven't noticed that file before.
                trying to run this java app, the AV program bloks it with reference to the mentioned virus again

Comment

Try using this updated link:

http://zygorguides.com/javaclient/di...tInstaller.exe
                  Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

I can see upon running the installer, it places a Zygor.jar file in the root of my c: drive - haven't noticed that file before.
                    trying to run this java app, the AV program bloks it with reference to the mentioned virus again

It shouldn't be putting anything in your root directory unless you explicitely set C:\ (or whatever drive) as the Install Directory. Even then, it would create a Zygor Guides Client directory. Definitely a bug if it's creating files in random places.

Zygor.jar is the core client, written in Java such that it is compatible with both Windows and Mac. Both Windows and Mac have native launchers that launch that jar file (in your case, for Windows, it's the ZygorGuidesClient.exe).

Is it saying it's the same type of trojan that people were posting about earlier in this thread? I've seen java programs get false triggers before, but if it's something I can fix, I really need to get that done.
                    Last edited by Zygor Dev 6; November 3, 2014, 02:27 PM.

Comment

For those running Windows Defender, there is an update that came out this morning that requires a PC reboot - make sure you have that updated as well.

Comment

It shouldn't be putting anything in your root directory unless you explicitely set C:\ (or whatever drive) as the Install Directory. Even then, it would create a Zygor Guides Client directory. Definitely a bug if it's creating files in random places.

Zygor.jar is the core client, written in Java such that it is compatible with both Windows and Mac. Both Windows and Mac have native launchers that launch that jar file (in your case, for Windows, it's the ZygorGuidesClient.exe).

Is it saying it's the same type of trojan that people were posting about earlier in this thread? I've seen java programs get false triggers before, but if it's something I can fix, I really need to get that done.
                        Hi again,

Yes it's complaining about the same Trojan as before. I haven't specified any install path, this happens when I double click the downloaded file, it puts the Zygor.jar file in the root of my c: drive, and then get's blocked by Antivirus program.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
                          This link I can't even download. I get - download interrupted cause file contains virus - message.

this in both IE, Chrome, Opera browsers.

Comment

This link I can't even download. I get - download interrupted cause file contains virus - message.

this in both IE, Chrome, Opera browsers.
                            OK - I think I might have to do some investigating on my end.
                            The file get's blocked on my laptop running Win 8.1 and on my desktop running Win 7.

But on my test machine running Win 10 - it passes with no problems..... And I can run the installer.
                            Let me do a search on my end, and i'll get back to you

Comment

If you are using Microsoft Security Essentials please make sure that you have all important/critical updates for your Windows operating system and also make sure you have updated MSE recently.
                              Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                              http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                              http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
                                If you are using Microsoft Security Essentials please make sure that you have all important/critical updates for your Windows operating system and also make sure you have updated MSE recently.
                                Hi again,

Now i re-installed my gaming rig, and now i can download the guide with no warnings.
                                My computer was fully updated before, but i had a java update yesterday i was a bit suspecious about, and i think i might have gotten another infection, that spread to the .exe files i downloaded.

I have now installed bitdefender and i have scanned my old drive and no virus found, maybe it was just a corrupt windows installation, has been running almost 5 years.

anyhow, problem is solved and im sorry for any inconvinience caused by me, but really appreciate you taking the matter seriously.

Comment

Working...
                                X