Leveling without missing Garrison quests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leveling without missing Garrison quests

I'm not just interested in powering my way to 100 but I want to be efficient. My main goal is to level and do all the garrison related quests. I know there are quest chains out and about in WoD and some from the Garrisons themselves. (at least I think this is correct I did not play the beta).

Is there anyway to make sure we hit all the garrison related quests without necessarily turning on the finish every quest in a zone toggle?

Thanks.

From what I can tell from the beta the only garrison quests you encounter while leveling (apart from the quests to unlock the garrison) are the outpost quests and quests to get new followers.
    The outpost quests mostly come early in a zone so normally you would not be able to skip them due to outleveling the guide.

About the followers I am not sure but I think they are a bit scattered throughout the zones so if you skip to the next zone early you may miss them. But the only drawback is that with few followers you can't do all follower missions available. But while leveling the follower missions mostly only grant gold and XP, the good stuff comes later.

Comment

Ok thank you for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by mattlay View Post
        I'm not just interested in powering my way to 100 but I want to be efficient. My main goal is to level and do all the garrison related quests. I know there are quest chains out and about in WoD and some from the Garrisons themselves. (at least I think this is correct I did not play the beta).

Is there anyway to make sure we hit all the garrison related quests without necessarily turning on the finish every quest in a zone toggle?

Thanks.
        As for followers, I thought this might help you: (I spent a LOT of time in beta and this is accurate)

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=2533/wa...zones-gorgrond

Comment

Thanks for the wowhead link, because of all those new information and guides I must have overlooked this one.

Comment

I was thinking that when you preorder the leveling guide, it comes with a garrison guide...

Comment

You do get the garrison guide. IF you are thinking of the leveling experience, compared to older expansions, things are much more organized in WoD. Each zone is split in smaller quest hubs that flow into each other and lead you by the nose around the zone. Every couple of hubs you will get a follower. IF you want all your followers as you level, you will need to complete virtually every quest in a zone.

However, one thing of note. Previously if you went to a new zone as soon as quests are available you would get a big jump in quest XP in the new zone. That is no longer the case. At 92, for instance you can leave shadowmoon and go to Gorgrond. If you did this you would miss at least 2 followers from shadowmoon. Going to Gorgrond will reward you with quests giving about 14k XP. The quests you skipped in Shadowmoon will have given you 13,750xp. the only difference between them is the ilvl of the rewards really.

Comment

Thanks guys very helpful responses. A few of my guild mates are logging in tomorrow and now we have a much better idea of what to expect.

Comment

Working...
                X