Zygor Guides FAQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zygor Guides FAQ

This FAQ is here to answer any questions you may have about Zygor Guides. Please look to see if there is an answer here for your question before you make a thread about it. Thank you, and enjoy.

I. How do I install the Guides?
    All installation instructions can be found on the Installation Instructions page, which is located here.

II. I Can't Login to the Members Area
    Please use the Lost Password feature found at the bottom of this page to recover your Username and Password. It is recommended that you change your password every 3 months for security purposes.

III. Step x Has an Error
    The guides are currently being revised from 1-80 to fix all errors and problems within the guide. There are sticky posts in both the Alliance and Horde sections of the forums that can be used to report errors found in the guides or you can also post in the Bugs section of the forum. Before posting a new error please search the forums to see if the error you've found has already been submitted.

IV. The Guide is not Shown in the Addon Screen
    Most likely the guides are just not installed in the correct place. If you are using Windows Vista the installation folder is different. You will need to install the guides into:

C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons

However if this doesn't work it might be because you installed WoW in a place other than it's default folder. To find out where your World of Warcraft folder is, go to your Desktop, right click the World of Warcraft icon and select Properties. In the box that shows up, look under target to find your World of Warcraft folder. You will need to go there and install the guide under Interface -> AddOns.

V. Why Aren't Class Quests Included?
    The guide only includes quests that are going to be essential for a quicker leveling process. For some classes you may find that you pick up some or all of the class quests, other classes you may pick up none. It's all part of providing you with the fastest 1-80 leveling experience.

VI. I Just Bought the Guide but Already have a Leveled Character; Where do I start?
    Zygor Guides recommends you to go back 2 levels from what you currently are. Skip any quests you have already done or are unable to do. Example: If you are level 60, start from the level 58-60 steps in the guide.

VII. I don't see an Arrow!
    First, make sure the guide is correctly set to use Cartographer by clicking Esc > Interface > AddOns(Tab), click the "+" next to Zygor Guides, under map-related settings switch it from "none", or "TomTom", to "Cartographer". After this, press "M" to bring up the map, then click "Cartographer" at the top, select Waypoints, and make sure Enabled is checked.

VIII. Are there Talent Builds for each Class?
    Yes! Detailed Talent Builds can be found here.

IX. Will Blizzards Addon Policy affect Zygor Guides?
    This is still up in the air. Zygor Guides is working on a solution to this problem. You are in no way of being affected by this. You are still able to use the guide freely with no repercussions to you as the customer. Zygor Guides will release updates as they feel necessary as to the status of this new policy.

X. I Tried Everything Yet Nothing Works!
    The following is the end-all of solutions. This will delete all your Auctioneer scan data, Gatherer node info, etc.), key binding, video / sound settings, macros, in-game Addon placement/layout, etc.

I. Go to your World of Warcraft folder on your hard drive. Delete your "Cache" folder.

II. Inside your World of Warcraft folder, go inside your WTF folder. Delete your "Account" folder.

-----------------------------

Extras
    Alliance Guide Shopping List
    Noob Guide

-----------------------------

Have something to add to this FAQ? Please PM me or shoot me an E-Mail.
    Last edited by cabby; December 18, 2009, 11:43 PM. Reason: Updated #3.
    Red Text = Moderator Decision
    Black Text = Zygor Guides Customer Opinion

- I am not a Zygor Guides Staff Member -

well actually if you are level 60 or 70 you just start at the 70 part or 60 part =)

Comment

Good post. Stickied. :-)
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Members Area

You said to change your password for the members area, but it still wont work. I'm not sure if they are updating it right now, but everytime i type in my username and pass, and click enter or whatever, it sends me to a page that says unavailable. Like i said, not sure if they are updating or what.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarieger View Post
          You said to change your password for the members area, but it still wont work. I'm not sure if they are updating it right now, but everytime i type in my username and pass, and click enter or whatever, it sends me to a page that says unavailable. Like i said, not sure if they are updating or what.
          Sounds like you're having problems with your browser. I just tested it on my account and was able to change my password just fine. Are you typing the new password in both boxes?
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Comment

just wondering

Just wondering if there is a addon just for my deathknight? I know there are seperit quests and I would very much like to have the same option as all my outher chareters. What do I need to do to obtatn the same questing abilitys
            that i have all ready bought form you. And if I need to pay or not for the up grade. thank you verry much.

Comment

Originally posted by jesskee View Post
              Just wondering if there is a addon just for my deathknight? I know there are seperit quests and I would very much like to have the same option as all my outher chareters. What do I need to do to obtatn the same questing abilitys
              that i have all ready bought form you. And if I need to pay or not for the up grade. thank you verry much.
              The Death Knight leveling guide automatically loads whenever you create a Death Knight. However, if for some reason it doesn't load, expand the guide to Big Mode with the little gnome at the top and use the drop down menu underneath Sections to set it to Death Knight.
              http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Comment

Confused

I purchased the Alliance guide (LOVE IT by the way)! I purchased the level 1-80 guide, but on Wow, it says level 1-70 guide, is this right, or is it just messed up.

Comment

The banner graphic says 1-70, but you should have all 1-80 sections in the dropdown menu next to the word "Sections".
                  http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Comment

whenever i log on it shows a warning sign. The sign doesn't go away unless i log out and disable all the addons, and when i turn of the out of date box, all the things say out of date. The warning sign says something like ''addons/cartogorapher/waypoints'' and other stuff like that.
                    Last edited by nuariir; April 24, 2009, 09:34 PM.
                    nuariir-55 hunter night elf
                    frostfrenzzy-62 DK night elf

Comment

What is the warning sign, and can you click okay on it? That's because as for right now Catographer needs to be updated for the next patch, just keep Load Out Of Date Addons turned on, and it'll work just fine. There should be an okay button for that warning sign, and more than likely this is your fix:

http://zygorguides.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1872
                      It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

well, i always do have load out of date addons on but to make the sign go away i have to right-click the waypoint and press ''clear waypoint'' then pressing ok works. otherwise pressing it does not do anything. so i just disable the profesions one?
                        Last edited by nuariir; April 24, 2009, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Well it depends, what EXACTLY is the error message your recieving?
                          It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

thanks for the help but i figured it out myself i just needed to install the new version then disable the proffesions thing and now everythings fine.

Comment

I still can't seem to see the 1-80 guide.. Even when I delete everything and reinstall it.

Only goes up to 70

Comment

Working...
                              X