Is Zygor Abandoning EOS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Zygor Abandoning EOS?

In the email I got from you today, it states "We are no longer working on or creating products for other games. Our full focus will be towards World of Warcraft."
    Does that mean that you are abandoning those of us who bought the EOS guide?
    If so, I can only say how disappointed I am.
    Please say it ain't so!

Originally posted by ashubin View Post
    In the email I got from you today, it states "We are no longer working on or creating products for other games. Our full focus will be towards World of Warcraft."
    Does that mean that you are abandoning those of us who bought the EOS guide?
    If so, I can only say how disappointed I am.
    Please say it ain't so!
    Sadly they didn't have enough market for the other games.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomyne View Post
      Sadly they didn't have enough market for the other games.
      Going to have to disagree with you. Zygor released broken products (ESO anyway I don't play Wildstar) that are still broken now so no one is interested in buying them and he priced these guides way to high for games just starting up. If he had remembered his pricing from way back when he started WoW guides he should have figured $30 for ESO all 3 factions included with a working way to switch between guides. And so to save face from the cluster **** that was the WOD guides launch of completely broken guides again, Zygor is blaming the time his teams were working on ESO and Wildstar guides for that failure instead of his WOD,ESO and Wildstar Teams (unless he did and fired their incompetent ****** and now doesn't have enough people to work on all the guides). At least this is my opinion after reading the commitment email.
      Will I buy another Zygor product at this point or in the future I am unsure as I don't play WoW as much as I did as I am playing ESO right now and cant really justify paying $145 every expansion so I have all the guides for something that I may spend a couple months a year playing. All I know is with the ESO guide being discontinued the next announcement about what they are going to do with loyalty and what if any compensation the purchasers of ESO and Wildstar guides are getting will be when I make my final decision to stay a Zygor purchaser or move on to someone else's guides which would be annoying to do seeing as I have been buying these guides since just before BC came out and up until last year other then one or two gripes with the gear guide and guide pricing I haven't had any reason to question Zygors products before.

Comment

Originally posted by saerth View Post
        Going to have to disagree with you.
        I can only tell you what Zygor's staff have said.

Comment

I have been with you a long time and if you had not put out the ESO guide I would not still be your customer as I stopped playing WoW well over a year ago and have no interest in returning to it so I was miffed to get your email today but since it has been so long since the last update to the ESO guide I should not be supposed.... It would be nice if you could do one last update when 1.6 goes up or perhaps consider handing the thing off to the addon folks at minion while perhaps retaining a cut of any donations

And has been said above I think this decision on your part may adversely affect new folks buying your wow guide in the future

Comment

Disappointed

A little disappointed too. Left WoW 4 or 5 years ago, no intention of picking it up again. I'd bought the Daggerfall Covenant 1-50 guide for ESO, and while it can be a bit buggy I still think it is very useful. Had been thinking of picking up the guides for the other 2 factions but it seems these aren't for sale any more. Shame that...

Would have liked to have seen them continued for sale at a reduced price with "no longer supported" made clear. Given ESO seems to be heading F2P you'd expect there to be a boost to the server populations and hence prospective Zygor customers :P Pretty much free money since the work's been done already...

Ah well!

Comment

Working...
            X