Launcher deleted custom files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
    Cartman is a forum moderator and tries to help everyone no matter where they post, especially in the tech support section of the forums.
    Just a few link to point out who should be helping in a tech support forums Moderator and Technician

Here is why techs should help and not moderators, but in all seriousness if I don't get the help for the product I have paid for I will dispute all payment on a breach of trust and privacy, and yes I have spoken to an attorney, the bottom line is I did not give consent to Zygor and or its software to remove anything from my computer and with nothing left in my recycling bin there is 100% no proof that you didn't take them from my computer, do you really want a lawsuit or do you want to deal with the problem that your software has caused? I am done dealing with your FRIENDS

Comment

As was explained before, the client does not remove files from your system unless you specifically requested a reinstall of the guide files or if you had received a refund for a product. Since you claim that neither of these apply to your situation then our client is not responsible for your missing files.
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
        As was explained before, the client does not remove files from your system unless you specifically requested a reinstall of the guide files or if you had received a refund for a product. Since you claim that neither of these apply to your situation then our client is not responsible for your missing files.
        and your 100% proof that the software didn't mess up because you run a check for wow running and other things is where?

OH you don't and there for you can not guarantee that it was not your software that did it CAN YOU?
        Last edited by kanadian; March 19, 2015, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Are you using the Windows or the Mac client?
          Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
          http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Take Responsibility

oh and it is a ToU violation for checking for a running client as you are interacting with memory and or the data stream that is being used by blizzard software... THAT IS A BIG NO NO, and since the updater handles the addon it is required to be open source, witch if we asked blizzard they will more then likely confirm it is or will be very soon part of the addon on policy.

Your walking a very fine line and disrespecting the people that keep you afloat, and yes I know I am also in violation of the ToU for paying for an addon that is to be free by the addon policy, would you like to split hairs with Blizzard like you are me right now because I found a bug and reported it? in a manor you didn't like? cause we both know that this is what this is boiling down to.

You don't want me to be ignorant, OK quit effecting my game play, as it is now the addon uses a ridiculous amount of memory for features for guides I DON'T WANT, impact the game MUCH, OH wait thats A NO NO AS WELL

as for the client that I am running, like you don't already know, should we decompile your addon update client to see exactly what it is you are doing?

All of his because you refused to look into what happened

Comment

It's against TOU to check your tasklist for known World of Warcraft processes? Not the last time I checked, sorry. The client makes no interaction with the game client.

We don't know what OS you are running because the client doesn't collect any user data, contrary to what you may believe.

Do you have a source stating that a program that manages an addon is required to be open source? The Curse Client, TukUI Client, and I'm sure many other clients, all manage AddOns, and none of them are open source. Sorry to rain on your parade here, but your points are all invalid.

We understand your frustration, but we simply cannot help you. I'm not trying to be rude at all, but you really should have kept a backup of your custom files. Rule #1, at least for me, is to source control in some way or another. Copy/pasting a file takes literally seconds, and could have prevented all of this.

As for your concern about how much memory the guide uses, this is an entirely separate issue. What do you mean by "guides you don't want?"
              Last edited by Zygor Dev 6; March 19, 2015, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Dev 6 View Post
                It's against TOU to check your tasklist for known World of Warcraft processes? Not the last time I checked, sorry. The client makes no interaction with the game client.

We don't know what OS you are running because the client doesn't collect any user data, contrary to what you may believe.

Do you have a source stating that a program that manages an addon is required to be open source? The Curse Client, TukUI Client, and I'm sure many other clients, all manage AddOns, and none of them are open source. Sorry to rain on your parade here, but your points are all invalid.

We understand your frustration, but we simply cannot help you. I'm not trying to be rude at all, but you really should have kept a backup of your custom files. Rule #1, at least for me, is to source control in some way or another. Copy/pasting a file takes literally seconds, and could have prevented all of this.

As for your concern about how much memory the guide uses, this is an entirely separate issue. What do you mean by "guides you don't want?"
                Are you really that stupid to think I didn't have a backup? the point is your software removed stuff from my computer with out my consent, no the other clients you named DO NOT ACT in such a MANOR, NO they do not check for running clients AS THERE IS NO NEED FOR IT, The game will load the changes on a ReloadUI()

if you want to continue to be an ass and not fix your software, I will contact BLIZZARD, trial to full guide is a "premium" for-pay item, so don't act like you are smarter then everyone. your updater deals only with your addon witch makes it part of the addon. "this type of point has been argued many time and WON"

You really don't need a Harvard law degree to figure it out, they spelled it out in ENGLISH

1) Add-ons must be free of charge.
                All add-ons must be distributed free of charge. Developers may not create "premium" versions of add-ons with additional for-pay features, charge money to download an add-on, charge for services related to the add-on, or otherwise require some form of monetary compensation to download or access an add-on.

2) Add-on code must be completely visible.
                The programming code of an add-on must in no way be hidden or obfuscated, and must be freely accessible to and viewable by the general public.

Comment

Glad to hear that you had backups; I guess there really isn't much more of an issue then, is there? Has there been issues of your files being removed unwillingly again? I'd wager there hasn't been since you haven't brought it up since the creation of this thread.

1) The Zygor Guides Viewer is free of charge. It is fully accessible for free, and users are free to access all of our Trial guides.
                  2) The Add-on code is "completely visible." The client is not a World of Warcraft AddOn, and is not under the jurisdiction of any Blizzard rules regarding them.

You can also install your guides manually via the Members section, both trials and full guides alike. The client is not necessarily required for anything besides receiving Historical Auction data, and even that could potentially change in the future so that it isn't required. The client is no more than a convenience tool, similar to the Curse Client or any other program that manages AddOns.

If you have your concerns about the legality of Zygor, feel free to submit a proper support ticket stating those concerns and I'm sure they will put you in contact with someone who knows more than I do on the matter. I'm simply a developer.

Also, the game does not completely reload changes via ReloadUI(), it simply updates already-loaded files. That said, if a user purchases a new guide, for example, they would have to restart the game in order for that file to be loaded.

Comment

If we're about to split hairs about the legality, then it's actually quite simple, kanadian.

The addon is free of charge. All of its code is completely free for everyone.

Addon code is completely open, no part of it is hidden, encrypted, obfuscated, or in any way messed up.

The GUIDES you paid for, however, are just data. They're not part of the addon. The addon is, as the name says, Zygor Guides Viewer. It views guides. Guides contain no features, and aren't required to run the addon for custom guides or for our awesome travel path finding.

Comment

Working...
                    X