Please consider updating the ESO guide to be compatable with ESO 1.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please consider updating the ESO guide to be compatable with ESO 1.6

I know you no longer deal with the ESO guide but as a favour to those of us that bought it and have just now returned to the vastly improved ESO 1.6 would you consider the minor changes needed for basic compatableity?

Ithe this page might provid the key to why the new ESO is complaining on log in about a bad library http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info7-LibAddonMenu.html

Yes it still runs when load outdated addons is checked but it is tossing more errors under 1.6 and I was wondering if the bad LibAddonMenu might be the problem?

If policy forbids you doing an update perhaps you could post the needed steps so that orphan user might get a little more use out of the guide.

Many of us stopped playing ESO in the May to June time frame due to frustration with bugs and now that a lot of them have been addressed and in concert with the change to btp in the next week not only will they be flocking back but large numbers of new players will be trying the game and would be potential customers for a revamped guide.

You could even repackage the data in your ESO guide as an iOS and android app that could be used with the console version this summer. And perhaps turn the gude into a paying proposition.
    Add an advertising expenditure to reach these returning and new players and it might also tip the balance sheet to profit for the ESO guide.

I think it is something you might want to discuss in any case

I no longer play wow and I doubt I willever return to that game after experianceing ESO in its vastly improved 1.6 form so I am not a customer for your wow products any longer but I would be if if you returned to offering ESO guides.

Thank you in any case for reading this request and I would also ask that the forum moderator see that is is passed on to the decision making level of your company if they do not read this forum on a day to day basis.
    S

We did not use that library so the problems with that library has nothing to do with the problems you see when loading the guides. As for the bugs, they are most likely caused by the database we had to build for all of the quests. Since Zenimax did not have any proper questing ID system for easy tracking of quests we had to build our own database of quests and assign them arbitrary ID numbers for the guides to use for tracking the quests. The downside is that with every patch that Zenimax released it would mess up our database and we'd have to go thru it all again trying to get it fixed. Since we haven't updated in a while I'm sure there have been plenty of patches that kept messing with that database, which is most likely the cause of the errors you're seeing.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Thanks for clearing up the lib issue there is is one other addon I use that has not yet been updated for 1.6 that must be the culprit.
      Yes the whole starting tutorial section of the game was totally revamped for 1.6 which explains the new errors.

But I do think you might want to take a look at the possibly improved market for the ESO guide in the next few months if you do ever decide to dip into the ESO waters again the way it would be marketed would be key I think.... Word of mouth I doubt will ever match the way it works on wow and the direct email approach will be a tough one as well as most consider it to be spam.
      In any case I do wish good luck to you and your company for your future.
      Cheers
      Ulst

Comment

I was wondering if there was at least a quick fix for how the guide works in 1.6

Whenever the guide gets out of sync, I'll hit enter and mouse over to move the guide ahead. After the 1.6 update, I hit enter and the whole guide disappears! I can't find a way to manually update where I am! What did I do wrong here? Halp!

Comment

I had the same issue but I've found a way around it. After you go into pointer mode & the guide disappears, above where the guide was you should still see a little 'Z' for zygor. If you hit that the guide should come back & you can skip steps manually again.

I'm also disappointed they stopped supporting their ESO guide. Since 1.6 you can see how many people have returned or just started playing by the numbers of people you see everywhere, and thats before the console release in a couple of weeks.

I used to play WOW & had all the zygor guides for it, but I haven't played it for a couple of years and will never go back. ESO just keeps getting better & better.

Comment

So, all the folks who purchased the ESO or WS guides are just out of luck?

Comment

There are discussions in the office about possible compensation. Can't promise anything at this point but it is being talked about.

Comment

Personally I'm not interested in compensation. I've used the guide since close to ESO launch and the help it's given me has far outweighed a few flaws. I'd much rather see any time spent on just making it not 'out of date' for 1.6

Having to skip a few quests every now & then is a small price to pay for the overwhelming amount of time it otherwise saves. As there is now huge incentive to complete all the quests in the other factions I will continue to use the guides and would even be happy to kick in another $20 just to make it 1.6 compatible without fixing bugged quests.

Comment

Might I suggest if you have no intention of updating the guides anymore that you release it openly, so if anyone wants to update it they can.

Comment

First Customer

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
                    There are discussions in the office about possible compensation. Can't promise anything at this point but it is being talked about.
                    I hope so. This was the first guide I purchased from you and it's leaving a nasty taste in my mouth. I purchased the guides for all the factions as well, so it's extra nasty.

Comment

Really ? Is that how it works with you guys ? Just take our money and then just say "sorry, too bad you trusted us to provide you the promised service you paid for" ?

Comment

WildStar 1-50 Leveling Guide Bundle 2014-07-29 $60.00 clickbank
                        Zygor Aldmeri & Daggerfall Leveling Guide Bundle 2014-07-04 $55.00 clickbank
                        Zygor ESO Ebonheart Pact 1-50 Leveling Guide 2014-04-04 $30.00 clickbank
                        That's a good chunk of change that *I* paid for supposed lifetime of updates. That's just one customer, so I can't imagine how much money you all banked on several thousand sales. Sadly, I don't think you guys covered either of these games for even a year, well maybe ESO barely made it. I trusted Zygor Guides from WoW, but after seeing how fast you guys dropped these products definitely leaves a sour taste in my mouth for future purchases.

Compensation does me no good, because I do not play, nor will most likely ever play, World of Warcraft. Since ESO no longer costs a sub, I see no reason why Zygor can't honor their previous sales agreements and start updating at least the ESO guides, again.

Wildstar... well, that's a tough one, but honestly I feel that since you guys dropped it so quickly, that you should offer at least a partial refund. I'm sorry, but nothing for World of Warcraft will interest me, especially since WoW is still a sub game that requires several xpac purchases for me to ever pick up again. I didn't pay for WoW products, I paid for ESO and Wildstar products.

Anyway, that's my feelings on what would set things right with this unfortunate situation.

Comment

If only i had the programming skills then i would love to do it my self.

Comment

Both the ESO and Wildstar guides had a disclaimer with them on the purchase page that stated we did not guarantee lifetime updates for the guides like we do with our WoW guides. We do apologize if you mistakenly assumed that they would be like our WoW guides and work forever, but we did have the warnings in place since we were unfamiliar with the guide market for those games and did not know how much demand there might be for guides.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
                              Both the ESO and Wildstar guides had a disclaimer with them on the purchase page that stated we did not guarantee lifetime updates for the guides like we do with our WoW guides. We do apologize if you mistakenly assumed that they would be like our WoW guides and work forever, but we did have the warnings in place since we were unfamiliar with the guide market for those games and did not know how much demand there might be for guides.
                              I undeerstand that if new contents are added you can say that you won't update your guide, but at least provide a minimum support to insure that the current guide works, not just delete all download link letting us like we just throw money out of the window... It feels like very wrong what you did... I can't imagine the people that just bought the guide before you decide to delete it...

Comment

Working...
                              X