Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zygor Client Starts but cannot log in

Hi,

I have installed the zygor client and the necessary java version. Once I input my name and password and click on Login, nothing happens.
    What can I do? Has anybody else had this problem?

Thanks

Make sure you are entering your Zygor username and not your email address.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Hi thanks. Yes it's the username. Same credentials get me into the member section.

Comment

This is really frustrating. The old Zygor Update is working fine. The new Client does not work. I cannot log in. When entering the credentials nothing happens, it just stays. I have tried installing it in different folder locations and does not help.

Comment

When you say 'The old Zygor Update[r?]', do you mean a previous version of the black client, or one of the older native clients from a few years ago?

Also, what language is your Windows currently set to?

Comment

I think I am having the same problem. I have the old "Blue" icon and the new "Black" icon. Blue loads up and comes up on the screen okay but can't use it because it doesn't have the "Sync" option.

When I try and load the "black" icon, it asks for name and password and then does nothing. It shows in the system tray, but not the task bar or on screen.
            Things I have tried:
            Reboot System
            Uninstall and reinstall Zygor Client
            Reinstall Java
            System restore back to last week.
            Verified it isn't on my second monitor (which I sometimes have off)
            I have tried right clicking icon in system tray and selecting "open". Does nothing

What am I missing?
            Last edited by bupkus; March 16, 2015, 04:43 AM. Reason: Added information

Comment

Do you have any anti-virus running that might be interfering?
              Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
              http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
              http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

When I mean the old client, I mean the blue icon Zygor Guides Updater. This is working fine.

The black icon is not working, when inputting the same credentials as in the blue icon one.
                Language is set to English US. There is just Windows 8 standard Anti Virus installed.

After removing the black icon ones, I now get a Script error when I start my machine.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by athlon007 View Post
                  When I mean the old client, I mean the blue icon Zygor Guides Updater. This is working fine.

The black icon is not working, when inputting the same credentials as in the blue icon one.
                  Language is set to English US. There is just Windows 8 standard Anti Virus installed.

After removing the black icon ones, I now get a Script error when I start my machine.

Thanks
                  The script error is an issue on our end when you uninstall the client. I will look into this and send a fix out to correct the bug.

As for not being able to login, can you send your client log to our support email listed below?
                  You can find this log in <INSTALL DIRECTORY>/log. Whichever file has the largest number is the latest log. So for example, if you installed your client to the default directory, the log file would be located in C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Zygor Guides Client\log

If you have uninstalled the client, you may need to re-install it and attempt to login again to cause the client to generate a log file. You can install the client from the link in the Members section.

Our support e-mail is support@zygorguides.com

Comment

I've sent the log file to the email address now.

Thanks for looking into this issue

Comment

Please double check that you are using the correct password when logging in.

Comment

Just freshly reinstalled Windows (8.1) and I'm getting exactly this. I've installed Java 8 (update 45) and the Zygor client. I enter username and password but it just sits there doing nothing. Here's the log (encrypted password changed). I'm definitely using the correct username and password.

1431794960650-@-2015-05-16 05:49:20.650-@-INFO-@-Client not encoded. Relaunching with -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8
                        1431794960939-@-2015-05-16 05:49:20.939-@-INFO-@-Already encoded. Continuing to launch program.
                        1431794962095-@-2015-05-16 05:49:22.095-@-INFO-@-Lock acquired
                        1431794962126-@-2015-05-16 05:49:22.126-@-INFO-@-Client successfully bound to port 1080
                        1431794962700-@-2015-05-16 05:49:22.700-@-INFO-@-http://content.zygorguides.com/updater/packager.php?do=query&user=Invalid_Username&pass=I nvalid_Password&uv=3.0.181
                        1431794962701-@-2015-05-16 05:49:22.701-@-INFO-@-Getting response code
                        1431794963157-@-2015-05-16 05:49:23.157-@-INFO-@-Checking managed resources
                        1431794963380-@-2015-05-16 05:49:23.380-@-INFO-@-Checking managed resources done
                        1431794963583-@-2015-05-16 05:49:23.583-@-INFO-@-IOAction completed successfully. Result: C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\Zygor Guides Client\data\resources\exit.png
                        1431795107673-@-2015-05-16 05:51:47.673-@-INFO-@-http://content.zygorguides.com/updater/packager.php?do=query&user=mzanker&pass=xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx&uv=3.0.181
                        1431795107674-@-2015-05-16 05:51:47.674-@-INFO-@-Getting response code

That's all that gets logged.

Comment

Seems the server is responding very slowly. It should timeout after ~10 seconds, does it not? I'll re-visit the login action and make sure it's giving the user an appropriate error message.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Dev 6 View Post
                            Seems the server is responding very slowly. It should timeout after ~10 seconds, does it not? I'll re-visit the login action and make sure it's giving the user an appropriate error message.
                            No, it doesn't time out - in fact there's no response to pressing the login button at all. It's still sitting there 10 minutes later.

Comment

Working now! I just kept pressing the login button every few seconds and it eventually logged in.

Comment

Working...
                              X