A Modular Design - Performance Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Modular Design - Performance Improvements

As it currently stands when you log into WoW, Zygor loads all in one big hit and can take a toll on the overall load times when logging in or reloading the UI.
    A modular design with Load on Demand modules would in my opinion provide greater performance.
    So instead of going to the addons list and selecting to load Zygors it would look like the following example:

Zygor
    Zygor leveling
    Zygor professions
    Zygor gold guide
    Zygor Reputations

This way if someone reaches max level they could disable the leveling module to save on; albeit small, load times.
    I believe it would also help with troubleshooting problems with the addon itself.

I would have to agree with this suggestion, currently the addon takes anywhere from 200 to 350mb of memory for me, more than all my other addons combined, and I use a LOT of addons.

Comment

a load on demand system would work great and an account option to not install trial guides, I have never opened a trial guide. if I needed another guide I would purchase it or sub to elite

Comment

Although I have a rig with 16gb of ram and a fast processor, not everyone does. Many people that play the game for occasional fun play the game on computers that aren't the latest and greatest. A modular design that would just load the guide that the person was working with would drastically lower the system demand. If a person changed from one guide to another one, it could simply mark where they were on the previous guide and swap the new one in place.

Hopefully with the Zygor Elite now in place, this is something that they can consider. Obviously it would take a bit of programming, but it's certainly achievable.
        Last edited by voltec; December 16, 2015, 04:50 PM. Reason: typo
        * Signature to be Updated at a later time *

Comment

I was just poking around the forums to see if anyone else was having this problem too. I log on or zone and I will hang around 1-13FPS for roughly 25 seconds on initial logon, it's much shorter when I've already logged in and just have zoned. When I disabled Zygor's it's a couple of seconds at most. I can of course disable the guide to get around this, but thought I should mention it here that I'm also having this problem. Anything the Zygor's team could do to speed things up would be nice.

Comment

What you are seeing bierstein is the travel system initialization lag. That is different from the modular design as the travel system is separated from the guides and there really isn't much more we can do for that on our side while still giving you a route to your destination. If you would like to reduce that login/zone lag you would need to disable the travel system but that would then mean the arrow will not direct you to flight masters or portals, it would just simply point to your destination and give you no help with how to get there easily.
            Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
            http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I still feel that a Load on Demand style modular system would work amazingly for Zygors.
              I envision loading into WoW and all of Zygors that loads up is the main guide window that currently has your previous guide loaded; or a setting to have it always load up blank, then when you go to the selection window and choose what area you are interested in would load a module for it.
              So if you are after a Profession guide all that would be loaded is the guide window and the professions module, saving memory and cpu cycles.

Comment

Working...
              X