OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

zygor guide is getting me fps drops from 110 to 30 29 then back up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zygor guide is getting me fps drops from 110 to 30 29 then back up?

hi i was playing with addons and zygor guide when i have them on in warlords of dreanor the fps is dropping from 100 110 to 30 and is giving abit lag then back up i tested it without any addons and there is no lag drop can zygor guide also cause lag if any other addon is enable?

That is most likely a symptom of a minor addon conflict or maybe an addon that needs to be updated. Double check to make sure that all of the addons you use have been updated for the current game by their respective authors.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Have to agree with this. Ever since I added Zygor into my addon mix I have seen frequent lag spikes and notice that Zygor is using tremendous amounts of memory. Over 20 times more than any other addons (of which I have quite a few). Loading into the game it even freezes for up to 30 seconds loading all of the zygor guides.

It's come to the point where I will just disable zygor guides until I want to use them for something. 320mb's worth of memory usage is just too much to have constantly going. It's more than almost all other addons combined

Comment

I agree with the guys. For the sake of the experiment even removed all addons, leaving one Zygor. But hovering and friezes have not. gone away. Addon for some reason began to use a lot of memory. In this Zigor 85% gaming is disabled. I include it only when it is really needed. And slowly I come to the conclusion that it is necessary to look for alternatives.

Comment

We are investigating this problem and are working on a potential solution.
          Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

The guide is using 140 megs of memory. The next highest addon is skada at 8 megs.

Comment

I just subscribed today, and I can confirm this, in fact, I'm at the foruns right now, to see if there was a sollution for this problem. Hope it gets fixed soon.

edit: THe only solution I've found for this so far is, when you are not using the addon, eg. raid, dungeon and so on, disableing will stop the stunt/lag
              Last edited by koma; February 16, 2016, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Totally agree, before Zygor was added my addons were using no more than 15mb worth of memory.
                Now I'm anywhere up to 320-340mb of memory. Everytime I switch toons or log in FPS is down to 3-10 and hard lag for about 1min.
                Game usually runs around 200fps in my garrison. A fast fix is indeed in need. Only reason I was here is to cancel my sub. I am willing to see if the Version 2 gold guide is worth it though. The Gold/Ah guide are the main reason ppl would even buy something like this and I found it frustrating. Lets Hope Vers 2 is better. Still appreciate the trouble you ppl go thru to set this up though good job overall.

Comment

Have noticed the exact same. DRops my fps VERY significantly. I LOVE Zygor and always have but this has been an issue for a long time - and it happens even with all other addons turned off.

Comment

I will say this, after much testing and tuning, Zygor's, at this time - is a huge memory hog, takes about 30 seconds to load then you are gtg for the most part. Being a veteran since vanilla, I like this product, but I'm ending my subscription until this issue is resolved. The frustration alone is a big turn off for me, since I use the game as an escape.

Comment

I've disabled the auction tools and the travel system, load times are improved, I don't exactly need the travel system, but it would be a boon if the load time was stream lined and used less memory, the graphics lag only lasts for about 10 seconds, but my game will not completely lock out. Going to re-enable auction tools, those are really good.

Comment

Yeah I have noticed this as well. On login it takes 30 seconds to stabilize as the travel system loads, then when I get an achievement or complete a quest or do the first anything of that sort on each login there is a freeze for a few seconds. Other intermittent lag and delays occur as well. I have a competing guide which I won't mention the name of and it uses ~40-50MB at peak whereas Zygor uses ~200-350MB on average. This guide, and related modules need some serious optimizing and work.

Comment

Originally posted by vem0m View Post
                          Yeah I have noticed this as well. On login it takes 30 seconds to stabilize as the travel system loads, then when I get an achievement or complete a quest or do the first anything of that sort on each login there is a freeze for a few seconds. Other intermittent lag and delays occur as well. I have a competing guide which I won't mention the name of and it uses ~40-50MB at peak whereas Zygor uses ~200-350MB on average. This guide, and related modules need some serious optimizing and work.
                          Same experience here. I have the 3 fps for 20~ seconds whenever I log onto a toon. Also I get random freezes, typically when traveling. I don't have an issue with Zygor using 250~ ram, i have plenty. I just wished the random freezes and startup freeze would be fixed.

Comment

I've got to admit I hate that too.
                            Pc specs are:
                            Intel i7 6700k
                            16gb hyper x 2133mhz ddr4
                            gtx 980
                            several ssds

The game runs 120fps in cities and 230 + other places.

but as soon as the guide loads a travel path. boom stuttering and dropped frames
                            loading for the first time i can forgive as its loading up the guide. but still.. traveling is a major part of the guide and it slamms performance even on a good pc

Comment

Originally posted by mindrust View Post
                              I've got to admit I hate that too.
                              Pc specs are:
                              Intel i7 6700k
                              16gb hyper x 2133mhz ddr4
                              gtx 980
                              several ssds

The game runs 120fps in cities and 230 + other places.

but as soon as the guide loads a travel path. boom stuttering and dropped frames
                              loading for the first time i can forgive as its loading up the guide. but still.. traveling is a major part of the guide and it slamms performance even on a good pc
                              i was thinking maybe it was my specs, but now i know its the guide

Comment

Working...
                              X