OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

zygor guide is getting me fps drops from 110 to 30 29 then back up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just want to say that I have the same problem.

Comment

Zygor is killing my FPS in game. It is almost unplayable at times with the addon active. If the addon isn't active, problem resolved. My computer is more than capable to run this flawlessly. Probably just a bug in the code. Specs below:

AMD FX 8350 4.0 GHz
      AMD Radeon R9 200
      32GB RAM

WoW is installed on an SSD

Comment

When I'm in a raid or doing Kazzak - I've had fps drop as low as 3 and can't do a darn thing for like almost 15 seconds.

Comment

I find disabling the travel system when I don't need it like in raids and such improves my fps a lot.

Comment

Hi all.
            Any news about this issue.
            Having the same problem.

Comment

Same here like those stated above

Comment

The problem is the travel guide, it reduces fps too much. Sometimes I'm not even using a guide and have it hidden, instead of disabling the addon could Zygor have an option to load no guide so its not actively telling you to go somewhere ?

Comment

Originally posted by Gold View Post
                  The problem is the travel guide, it reduces fps too much. Sometimes I'm not even using a guide and have it hidden, instead of disabling the addon could Zygor have an option to load no guide so its not actively telling you to go somewhere ?
                  this solution is more viable than any other, the addon has become a clusterf#$%ck of code, and the travel system is just bad, it works as intended, but its just horrible to have it loaded. they should have an option to "unload" the travel system, or not to load it on login, maybe just when needed.

Comment

Originally posted by funfun3 View Post
                    I find disabling the travel system when I don't need it like in raids and such improves my fps a lot.
                    I disable the addon as a whole when i dont need it, as it really can freeze up my wow for several tens of seconds, and on raids or other highly populated encounters its just unusable, why would I keep this addon eating up memory when i wont use it, its just nonsensic lol.

tho if disabling the travel system helps others, so be it.

my machine is fairly good too, Intel i7 6700k, GTX 960 SSC, 16Gb hyperx fury and the game runs on SSD ocz vertex4 (old yet ridiculously fast and sturdy ssd)

Comment

They just released an update

LOREMASTER
                      * Guides re-worked to use less memory.

I only played for few minutes though, so I cant say anything.
                      It seemed more stable though.
                      Still 160Mb used though. But it usually goes over 200. Not using travel.

But I gotta play more to see how it acts after time.

EDIT: Well, it still goes over 200mb even if I dont use a thing from zygor, I still gotta see about performance
                      Last edited by neoony; March 13, 2016, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Just wanted to provide an official update on this situation:

The FPS issues when first logging in are considered "normal". It's the result of the Travel System, Gear Finder, and Gold Guide calculating initial data to be cached. It should only take 10-15 seconds on average. We are looking into ways to maybe optimize this further. If you're experiencing load times longer than this please report.

The Loremaster update was marginal. Before we were cloning the full leveling guides on top of the Loremaster content, thus doubling the memory needed. We've since corrected this so that the Loremaster guides just redirect to the Leveling guides with the Loremaster content appended.

Yes, our addon does indeed use a lot of memory because of what needs to be loaded into memory, but we do not believe that these are the cause of the FPS issues. CPU usage is what typically causes FPS issues, not memory.

FPS issues DURING gameplay are not normal and we are investigating these reports. If you are experiencing this please provide as much information as you can, especially if you know of specific cases that can be repeatedly reproduced.

We believe that most of these issues began as a result of Elite becoming available and a large portion of the community now running all guides and all features. We suspect Travel System and or Gear Finder to be culprits, although we're not sure why just yet.
                        Last edited by Zygor Admin; March 21, 2016, 11:41 AM.
                        Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
                          Just wanted to provide an official update on this situation:

The FPS issues when first logging in are considered "normal". It's the result of the Travel System, Gear Finder, and Gold Guide calculating initial data to be cached. It should only take 10-15 seconds on average. We are looking into ways to maybe optimize this further. If you're experiencing load times longer than this please report.

The Loremaster update was marginal. Before we were cloning the full leveling guides on top of the Loremaster content, thus doubling the memory needed. We've since corrected this so that the Loremaster guides just redirect to the Leveling guides with the Loremaster content appended.

Yes, our addon does indeed use a lot of memory because of what needs to be loaded into memory, but we do not believe that these are the cause of the FPS issues. CPU usage is what typically causes FPS issues, not memory.

FPS issues DURING gameplay are not normal and we are investigating these reports. If you are experiencing this please provide as much information as you can, especially if you know of specific cases that can be repeatedly reproduced.

We believe that most of these issues began as a result of Elite becoming available and a large portion of the community now running all guides and all features. We suspect Travel System and or Gear Finder to be culprits, although we're not sure why just yet.
                          This might not be the place to report it, but on my monster, I face 15 to 30 seconds of absurd total unusability of the wow client on login, and random sporadic freezes DUE TO ZYGOR (as they don't happen when I unload the addon) when I'm on highly populated areas, or raids/lfr/dungeons.

when I have the addon unloaded, it just runs dandy, I use a plethora of addons I have to accept.

Elvui
                          Elvui addon skins
                          Elvui Enhanced
                          Garrison Mission Manager
                          Master Plan (plus its companion Master plan A)
                          Omen Threat Meter
                          Droodfocus(when on my druid)
                          Saved Instances
                          ServerHop
                          Recount
                          Titan Panel
                          TradeSkillMaster + Accounting module
                          DBM and all its "loadable" modules (I don't load outdated addons)
                          Draenor treasures
                          wowhead looter
                          askmrrobot
                          Zygor

and the problems ONLY appear when zygor is up. when its not, I have not a single bit of a problem.
                          Last edited by Zygor Admin; March 21, 2016, 11:42 AM.

Comment

I have similar problems and, if I try to do anything before it has finished fully loading, I get error 132. This is only when I have the Zygor addon loading (have tried without this addon checked and it is fine).
                            So.... load up WOW and go make a coffee

Comment

To those who are still having issues, I had the same problems and did some research and found out that system and compressed memory in my task manager was using 99% memory which was conflicting with Zygor's guide. The 2 fixes for that issue is to 1. Disable Cortana first to see if this fixes the prob if not the memory usage has been tracked down to a windows update (KB3124263) which is the second fix to the problem, just uninstall that update (which is what I did) and BAM worked like a charm, Zygor Guides is no longer lagging during the flight/gold parts of the guide, just the initial start up when u log on, hope this helps others.

Comment

Originally posted by ariakus View Post
                                To those who are still having issues, I had the same problems and did some research and found out that system and compressed memory in my task manager was using 99% memory which was conflicting with Zygor's guide. The 2 fixes for that issue is to 1. Disable Cortana first to see if this fixes the prob if not the memory usage has been tracked down to a windows update (KB3124263) which is the second fix to the problem, just uninstall that update (which is what I did) and BAM worked like a charm, Zygor Guides is no longer lagging during the flight/gold parts of the guide, just the initial start up when u log on, hope this helps others.
                                I would not advise removing a Windows update which was intended to
                                Microsoft today rolled out new Cumulative Update KB3124263 for Windows 10. The update contains bug fixes, security updates, and other improvements.

Comment

Working...
                                X