OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

zygor guide is getting me fps drops from 110 to 30 29 then back up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FPS drop is still there when crafting, just not as bad as it was before.

Comment

Originally posted by meebo View Post
      FPS drop is still there when crafting, just not as bad as it was before.
      We weren't aware of this FPS drop when crafting. Are you talking about any crafting while the guide is running, or using the guides create buttons to auto-create items?
      Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
        I don't think that this particular CPU upgrade alone brings a significant performance increase.
        It could also be a RAM upgrade, a fresh Windows installation or a HDD upgrade or even switching to a SSD.

There may be other reasons for performance problems when using the profession window. Addons that replace the profession windows like Skillet for example caused the professions window to be very sluggish due to the addons pulling recipe data from the WoW server and scanning them.

I currently can't reproduce performance problems with the professions window but that may be due to my PC having enough power and RAM.
        Maybe those with performance problems can include some information about the PC like CPU, RAM and graphics card and how much memory WoW uses (task manager).
        my ram was enough i have 16 gig of ram 2400 mhz and i have ssd for games loading and normal hdd for other things i also upgrade a new Motherboard and new cpu cooling and new fans my heat of the cpu is constantly low now with gaming like 30 34 % at the old stuf i had it was like 85 80 % heat of the cpu i also have a new pc case

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
          We weren't aware of this FPS drop when crafting. Are you talking about any crafting while the guide is running, or using the guides create buttons to auto-create items?
          Crafting while the guide is open or closed. It is still there just not as bad as it was pre-6.0

Comment

Originally posted by enitzu View Post
            Have to agree with this. Ever since I added Zygor into my addon mix I have seen frequent lag spikes and notice that Zygor is using tremendous amounts of memory. Over 20 times more than any other addons (of which I have quite a few). Loading into the game it even freezes for up to 30 seconds loading all of the zygor guides.

It's come to the point where I will just disable zygor guides until I want to use them for something. 320mb's worth of memory usage is just too much to have constantly going. It's more than almost all other addons combined
            This is something that can not be helped because all the guides are loaded at once (even the trials), nothing is in a module form.

Example: Once you have leveled to 50 and no longer need the leveling guides that got you to 50, they still get loaded (all classes and both factions if have have the guides), the Cata guide has 35,152 lines of code (Alliance) and 39,047 lines of code (Horde) that loads and they both load reguardless of the faction that you are playing.

The glyph system was remove from the game yet the addon still loads allot of zygor api's and data for that systen.

The travel system is never really turned off as the step by step guides still use the apis. all they allow you to do is turn some functions off while the addon still generates data in case you might need them.

I could go on for a while with all the things that make the addon do what it does but I am sure you get the point, I live with it because I have always used it and the game does not feel the same with out it.

While they may come out with something to help fps the issue will NEVER get fixed under the current addon structure

What the MASSES want we get weather we want it or not

Comment

Maybe there is a way to load guides only on demand? For example DBM addon or BigWigs loads boss encounters data only when you enter the instance (on demand in other words).
              I understand this is not something that can be fixed quickly but this might be the right path to take for the future. I apologize in advance if i am talking nonsense i am not programming literate.
              My computer has absolutely no problems running Zygor and my FPS is fine all the time too but indeed this guide is using over 250MB memory.

Comment

Originally posted by invogue View Post
                Maybe there is a way to load guides only on demand? For example DBM addon or BigWigs loads boss encounters data only when you enter the instance (on demand in other words).
                I understand this is not something that can be fixed quickly but this might be the right path to take for the future. I apologize in advance if i am talking nonsense i am not programming literate.
                My computer has absolutely no problems running Zygor and my FPS is fine all the time too but indeed this guide is using over 250MB memory.
                That won't fix anything I'm afraid. It's a common misconception that the memory usage causes FPS drops. Despite using around 100+ MB of memory that's still not enough to affect performance. It was actually routines and processes the guide used, especially at startup, that caused the FPS issues. These have been resolved as of 6.0.
                Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
                  That won't fix anything I'm afraid. It's a common misconception that the memory usage causes FPS drops. Despite using around 100+ MB of memory that's still not enough to affect performance. It was actually routines and processes the guide used, especially at startup, that caused the FPS issues. These have been resolved as of 6.0.
                  This is a misconception as these routines and processes use memory, it the spike that causes the FPS to drop and the way the addon handles / interact with the frames (you take resources away from the client and it is going to effect something, in this case FPS). that part of the reason the guide steps are kept small, test this for your self if the guide is displaying a step with many objectives the fps will start to be effected.

Is this a problem that happens with Zygor? I think not, part of it is the limitations the game set for addon developers.

Limiting the amount of guides that loading by putting them in a module like system would help, with that said the question remains how much would this help?
                  Last edited by kanadian; September 1, 2016, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Ok so the FPS drop while crafting while zygor is open or closed is still major. I made the mistake of doing some cooking with the chef hat and it dropped all the way down to single digits.

Comment

Working...
                    X