X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't turn off zygor client on Mac

Hi,

I want to close the zygor client, but cannot. Specifically:

I just updated to "elite" and downloaded the zygor client on my mac. When I "close" it (using the "x" button), it stays open as something called "boot". When I quit that, the client can no longer be opened - says it's damaged or missing. To run it then, I have to download it again. I don't want to leave it open all of the time, or download it newly every time I run it. How can I open and close it when I want to?

Thanks!

"Damaged or missing" is something that really ticks me off with Mac OS. It isn't damaged. This is a Gatekeeper message that you can get rid of in your Security & Privacy -> General preferences. Set it to allow applications from any source, instead of the "Mac AppStore and Identified Developers" one. Note that Mac OS will automatically revert this setting after so long, at least from what I've noticed from my personal experience.

The X button, by default, minimizes the client to the Dock. This setting can be changed to exit the client entirely from within the client settings.

To manually exit the client, right click on the dock icon, and select Quit. This would either be a 'boot' or 'java' icon, which is simply because I can't change the name of the application. Another slight annoyance.

Comment

Thanks very much for your prompt reply! I appreciate the issues with Mac OS

I've already set my privacy settings to open applications from any source. I tried quitting the zygor client and got the same issues - try to re-open it and it still says "damaged or missing" and won't open. Also, when I close it, the icon disappears from the dock (I've set it to remain in dock) and is replaced by a Java icon which opens "terminal". I'll restart my computer and download the software again, see if that helps.

Later...same thing happened after restarting the computer. I guess I'll leave the client on for the time being. Incidentally, I also note that it is not copying to the applications folder the way I would expect. When I drag the dmg file to the folder, a shortcut is made but the actual file isn't visible. Once I open the shortcut, the file appears. I don't like the Mac dmg files for installing software!

Please let me know if you are able to sort this out. I know you are very busy, but it is frustrating, when I'm trying to minimize programs staying open in the background.

Thanks!
      Last edited by lividia; August 29, 2016, 04:32 PM.

Comment

I have tried all the above steps discussed in this and other threads with no luck on MacOS 10.11.6. Latest Java, latest client, reboots, change privacy settings. It NEVER works. I have the Zygor client running on my Windows 8/10 PCs without any problem so I am not sure what the issue is with this client on MacOS, but I have yet to see it run successfully on a Mac. Not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things, but I am pretty sure there are others out there who have the same experience.

-Elite Member, have been a zygor member for years...

Comment

Originally posted by pretzels View Post
          I have tried all the above steps discussed in this and other threads with no luck on MacOS 10.11.6. Latest Java, latest client, reboots, change privacy settings. It NEVER works. I have the Zygor client running on my Windows 8/10 PCs without any problem so I am not sure what the issue is with this client on MacOS, but I have yet to see it run successfully on a Mac. Not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things, but I am pretty sure there are others out there who have the same experience.

-Elite Member, have been a zygor member for years...
          Strange. I'd be willing to help you get the client up and running if you'd be available for a remote assistance session sometime. Usually it's some odd issue that causes Java to go haywire

Comment

Working...
          X