OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to do a FULL uninstall/re-install (through windows 10) ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to do a FULL uninstall/re-install (through windows 10) ?

I would love to know how to do a full re-install through windows 10 because I deleted my cache/interface/WTF folders (YET AGAIN) only this time Zygor was still there when I loaded back up... What on earth?? This issue has been plagueing me for a long time, can somebody who knows what they are talking about please respond ASAP because to be quite honest I am not a very happy customer (AGAIN) ...

If you deleted the ZygorGuidesViewer folder out of the Addons folder (while exited from the game) and you still had the Zygor addon when you logged into the game again that would indicate that you have 2 WoW installations and you deleted the files out of the wrong one. Open up your battle.net launcher and click on Options (just below the word Games) and then select Game Settings. Now on the new window that opens up click on Game Install/Update on the left and let me know what it shows for the WoW folder setting (not the default install directory setting, I need the folder used for game play).
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

This issue has been resolved however I now face a new issue regarding Zyshit. I will explain it here as it IS related and it is ALSO in relation to my own download of Zyshit "installer".

Upon re-entry to realm Zyshit initiates on the step I quit the game on prior to "Uninstalling" (deleting the Zyshit Directory that resides inside the Parent World Of Warcraft Directory on my local machine).

Not only this but I am continually facing issues with world quests, PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO START A NEW THREAD as this is related to attempting to "Uninstall" (deleting the Zyshit Directory that resides inside the Parent World Of Warcraft Directory on my local machine).

What does admin or Zygor himself have to say? Support here is pathetic.

Comment

When you delete the ZygorGuidesViewer folder that resides in your Addons folder that does not delete the settings and the settings are where your last loaded guide and step are stored. If you want to delete the settings for a fresh start go to your WoW/WTF/Account/<accountname>/SavedVariables folder and delete the Zygor files in there.

Comment

o.k well this issue has been resolved too now but it wasn't because of your advice, but you would know that if you went back and read the FIRST line of the FIRST post in this thread...

Instead... You could have been more knowledgeable as support and said "You need to enable viewing hidden folders in your control panel (Win key + R for run line then "control panel") then appearance and personalisation then file explorer options then the "show hidden files and folders" link next to "specify single or double click to open", told me to click it then tick the "show hidden files, folders and drives" box, then click apply and navigate to my user account folder, then open the AppData Folder, then the Roaming Folder, and delete the "Zygor Guides Viewer" Folder, then go back and hide hidden files and folders again, click apply.

Comment

Which is what I now have to do (again)
            because the icon for the shortcut on my desktop for zygor has gone blank...
            (again)
            and when that happens, zygor screws me over.

Comment

So...
              Anyone wondering how to do what I asked... (and I would appreciate it if this got stickied ... I can edit out this comment later if so)

1. Uninstall Java.

2. To uninstall the desktop client do the following:

1-a. If you are running Win7 or earlier click the Start button and in the search box type in %appdata%.
              1-b. If you are running Win8 press the Windows Key + R to open the Run command and type in %appdata%.
              1-c. If you are running Win10 right click on the Start button and select Run, then in the Run command window type in %appdata%.
              2. Doing the above will open up the AppData/Roaming folder.
              3. Go into the Zygor Guides Client folder and run the Uninstall.exe program.
              4. Delete the leftover Zygor Guides Client folder once the uninstall program finishes.
              3. Locate your World of Warcraft installation directory through the battle net app by clicking the options drop down that seems to be over near the left but not at the top (strange for an app... that's Blizzard though) click "Show In Explorer".

4. Open it and as explained by Blizzard themselves on the official Blizzard website tech support area HERE ... https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...User-Interface
              rename (or delete ... I find delete causes less issues in the future) these 3 folders :

a. Cache
              b. WTF
              c. Interface

Re-launch the game, skip the intro if you like with the escape key once it's loaded, quit back out and the 3 folders you renamed/deleted are now fresh.

5. Re-install Java and make sure "automatic updates" is ticked AND that you DO NOT get browser jacked by Yahoo and Sun Oracle... (Maybe fresh install of web-browser too... Google Chrome is best for Windows machines and Firefox is best for Apple)

6. Download Zygor from here when logged in and install it to your DESKTOP so that you don't have to locate it in User/AppData/Roaming again if it screws up again...

7. Login into the client and install the add-on then launch World of Warcraft again through the battle net app and re-configure Zygor.

8. Enjoy.
              Last edited by Say_Please_Guild_Master; June 2, 2017, 06:31 PM. Reason: fixed for proper client uninstall instructions

Comment

When I try to run the uninstaller in appdata I get this error: "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable."

Is there a reason the client isn't installed to Program Files (x86) and the uninstaller in Windows App Uninstaller?

I am loving the guide so far, just wish the client didn't feel so shady.

Comment

Zygor can't uninstall because it never installed, my post was moderated by admin because I know too much
                  just delete the zygor folder in the appdata directory and go steps 3 - 7

I ALWAYS recommend THIS ... https://www.specialuninstaller.com/ for complete removals of anything installed on the local machine, that should kill off any java nasties (no it's not free but trust me... it works) ... I have spent decades searching for correct PC maintenance and I have found 4 things:

1.Bit defender total security
                  2.C Cleaner pro
                  3.Special Uninstaller
                  4. "Free Up Disk Space" through windows "control panel" (both regular and system)

and then the smaller jobs - one click optimising in bitdefender
                  regular cleaning with ccleaner pro
                  flash cleanouts through control panel (system)
                  "free up disk space" through control panel

ONE VERY IMPORTANT THING IS TO CHECK YOUR STARTUP LIST - YOU CAN DO THAT EVEN WITH CCLEANER FREE VERSION ... - If a startup item doesn't have a reputable company name? bad... very bad.... disable it instead of remove/delete it so it doesn't come back
                  Last edited by Rabbitbop; July 16, 2017, 06:37 PM.

Comment

I only edited your post because you're giving bad instructions for uninstalling which will leave registry entries. If you run the Uninstaller file first that will take care of the registry entries as well as deleting the files. And the reason it's not showing up in the Apps & features list is because it's a Java program and Windows doesn't view Java programs as a normal program and so Windows does not add it to that list.

Oh, and you can check your startup list anytime without CCleaner, just open the Task Manager and use the Startup tab.

Comment

Working...
                    X