OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updated ESO guide on its way but $96 a year to get it is way out of line for ESO only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated ESO guide on its way but $96 a year to get it is way out of line for ESO only

I have not looked at WoW in years so that is a high price for just those of us that are ESO only users...
    you can see from my join date that I have been here since the start
    I would be happy to give them $20 or $30 bucks for the updates to the ESO guide or if they only want to go with subscription plans $2 a month or $24 a year .

They want $8 a month which is $96 a year... now that is a fair price for a WoW player given all the different guides and they work involved in keeping them up to date. but it is far too much for those of us the only want the ESO guide .

Well thats my thought on the matter not That will make any difference.

Now if they announce that the ESO guild will be like the 7 WoW guides they publish and it will cover all the various aspects of the 7 WoW guides then perhaps they can justify that price.

Given the API constraints of the way ESO organizes its data (no discreet codes for the the quests hence the difficulty in tracking where you are in the guide) much of the WoW guide content would not even be possible I guess.

Here is the Blog announcement from Zygor at
    http://zygorguides.com/blog/zygors-e...s-coming-soon/

Since the release of the Morrowind expansion for The Elder Scrolls Online in June a lot of customers have been asking if we’d expand our ESO leveling guides to cover the new content. We’re pleased to announce that a brand new update to our Elder Scrolls Onlines guides is currently in the final stages of development and will be releasing very soon.

This update will expand the guides to cover all the questing content in the new zone of Vvardenfell. Additionally, we’re also looking into adding missing questing content from some of the past few DLC updates.

Zygor’s Elder Scrolls Online Morrowind Guides will be made available as part of our Zygor Elite service. If you’re already a member you’ll receive this update as part of the service at no additional cost. Otherwise, you will need to sign up for Zygor Elite in order to access this new content when it is released.

Note: These guides will be exclusive to our Zygor Elite subscription and not sold in standalone form.

the latest update to ESO guide is March 7th, 2017

so why the sub?

Comment

<sarcasm>The sub is because it takes alot of time to update the wow guides......I mean the ESO guides</sarcasm> Basically they want to make more money, and the cloud subscription model is VERY profitable, they basically want to make the maximum amount of money on something that will never be owned by the end user.

Comment

That post was in August. It's now November. When will this very soon come?

Comment

Originally posted by catchings34677 View Post
          That post was in August. It's now November. When will this very soon come?
          http://zygorguides.com/blog/zygors-e...-release-date/
          Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
          http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Still not worth almost $100 a year.

Comment

thank you.. i will still pay the money per month because there is nothing else.. and the quality of zygor is none other

Comment

I purchased the guide 2+ years ago when it first came out. I loaded it up, and I don't see Morrowind on it. Do I have to pay a sub to access the content that I was guaranteed would be a part of my purchase back in the day?

Comment

Originally posted by cyberite View Post
                  I purchased the guide 2+ years ago when it first came out. I loaded it up, and I don't see Morrowind on it. Do I have to pay a sub to access the content that I was guaranteed would be a part of my purchase back in the day?
                  You should still be able to access the content that you purchased back in the day (the pre-Morrowind content)

Morrowind is a new expansion and was not covered in the original guides (it didn't even exist yet). The new Morrowind guides are exclusive to our Zygor Elite subscription.
                  Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Thank you for the reply Zygor. One of the reasons I purchased it originally (I purchased all 3 of the original ones for each faction) was that it claimed to include all future content at no additional charge. If you won't do that, then the least you could do is offer an one-time fee option for people like myself who purchased it back in the day, or provide a lower cost Elite subscription for ESO only, as I left WoW to play ESO. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by cyberite View Post
                      Thank you for the reply Zygor. One of the reasons I purchased it originally (I purchased all 3 of the original ones for each faction) was that it claimed to include all future content at no additional charge. If you won't do that, then the least you could do is offer an one-time fee option for people like myself who purchased it back in the day, or provide a lower cost Elite subscription for ESO only, as I left WoW to play ESO. Thank you.
                      it sucks.. but this is from the announcement:

Zygor’s Elder Scrolls Online Morrowind Guides will be made available as part of our Zygor Elite service. If you’re already a member you’ll receive this update as part of the service at no additional cost. Otherwise, you will need to sign up for Zygor Elite in order to access this new content when it is released.

Note: These guides will be exclusive to our Zygor Elite subscription and not sold in standalone form.

Comment

Originally posted by catchings34677 View Post
                        it sucks.. but this is from the announcement:

It certainly does suck. I am aware of the "official word" on this, but I believe myself and everyone else who purchased the original guide should be grandfathered in at the very least as a way of saying thank you for supporting the new guide at it's inception. If Zygor won't throw us a bone, then I will vote with my wallet next time. I'm not dropping $100 a year for a single guide, especially when I already paid $60 for the original one with the promise that all future content would be included for free. I would gladly pay a one-time fee for the extra content but I'm not spending that kind of money for one guide.

Comment

We did do a bit of a grandfather aspect when we re-released the ESO guides. Anyone who had purchased a minimum of 1 faction received all faction guides.

And we never promised all future content, it was updates. Updates include any changes to the guides needed to keep the content you purchased viable for the current game version. Updates do not include new guides for new content that was not part of the game when you purchased your guides.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
                            We did do a bit of a grandfather aspect when we re-released the ESO guides. Anyone who had purchased a minimum of 1 faction received all faction guides.

And we never promised all future content, it was updates. Updates include any changes to the guides needed to keep the content you purchased viable for the current game version. Updates do not include new guides for new content that was not part of the game when you purchased your guides.
                            Ok, so I misunderstood the semantics. No problem. I still can't justify the price when I don't play WoW anymore. Any chance of an ESO only option?

Comment

I am unaware of any plans for an ESO only subscription at this time. That does not mean it might not happen, just that if it is in the works I am currently out of the loop on that decision.

Comment

Working...
                              X