Lua error when disable/enable POI System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lua error when disable/enable POI System

I noticed today that when I was in Shadowmoon Valley that my main map no longer showed POI markers. In particular treasure markers. I thought I might have changed something by mistake so I went to the small Z icon in the corner of my main map and toggled the Points of Interest System to turn it off and then back on. When I did this bugtracker picked up the following error message:

13x ZygorGuidesViewer\Poi.lua:707: cannot resume dead coroutine
    [C]:
    in function `error'
    ZygorGuidesViewer\Poi.lua:707:
    in function `func'
    ...s\AckisRecipeList\libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0-17.lua:55:
    in function <...s\AckisRecipeList\libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:48>

Locals:
    (*temporary) = "cannot resume dead coroutine"

At first I just thought this was a conflict between AckisRecipe mod and Zygor so I went in and turned that mod off including all of the sub mods. The problem persisted. Then I deleted all of the Ackris mods completely and restarted Zygor. Same error. Then I turned off all mods except for Zygor. Same error.

Thinking somehow Zygor is remembering I had Ackis installed at one time so I deleted my Zygor saved variables files (didnt think this would work and it didn't).

I even tried installing Ace3 thinking this might help. Again. Same errors.

Once I get the error message the icons for treasures do appear after a few seconds. However if I close and reopen the map again they are gone.

This isn't a show stopper since I can just find another addon that gives the same functionality and leave it off in Zygor but thought you might provide some insight into what might be wrong.

Try doing a full guide wipe/reset.

1. exit WoW
    2. go to the WoW/Interface/Addons folder and delete the ZygorGuidesViewer folder
    3. go to the WoW/WTF/Account/<accountname>/SavedVariables folder and delete the Zygor files in there
    4. run the desktop client and install a fresh copy of the guides
    5. go back in game to test and let me know if that fixed it
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

So I followed you directions. Results were a little different after doing so.
      1. The LUA error continues. Happens when you hit "enable POI", hitting disable does not cause LUA error. Error occurs every time you hit Enable.
      2. The issue with the POI markers disappearing each time you reopen main map seems to be gone.

To tell the truth I am not sure how much time it is worth working on this now. The LUA error would only be obvious to someone who has a bug tracker running and doesn't seem to hurt game operation. My real concern was the markers disappearing every time I closed the main map and then when I reopened it they would be gone. As I said, that problem seems resolved following your instructions.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Had you tried disabling all addons for re-testing after doing that guide wipe? Just to see if there is the error when enabling still?
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Yes, once I followed your steps on deleting and then reloading the mod, I turned off all mods except for Zygor and BugGrabber to see if that made any difference. It did not. The LUA error continues with or without my other mods. Sorry, should have mentioned this in my previous post.

Comment

Working...
          X