Lua error using Zygor and WorldFlightMap addon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lua error using Zygor and WorldFlightMap addon

I keep getting a LUA error using both Zygor and Worldflightmap addon. I have tried turning off all other addons other than these two and I always get the same general error. I have tried running each separately with no errors. I have tried the usual deletion of my Zygor saved variables as well as completely deleting and reloading all Zygor and Worldflightmap files.

I appears with my limited knowledge that Zygor is creating the error message. This certainly isn't a show stopper but it does get tiring getting messages in my chat window that my addons are causing errors and are slowing down the game (don't think it slows it down my Blizzard is just letting me know something isn't right).

I get this message whenever I go to a flight location and click on the flight master which opens up the worldflightmap map (vs the normal WOW flight map).

Not trying to ding Zygor, I love your program and can't imagine playing without it.

Here is the error message I am seeing..

========================

2699x ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:1602: attempt to index global 'FlightMapFrame' (a nil value)
    ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:1602: in function <ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:1593>

Locals:
    self = ZGVMarker1Taxi {
    0 = <userdata>
    icon = <unnamed> {
    }
    waypoint = <table> {
    }
    }
    event = "TAXIMAP_OPENED"
    way = <table> {
    frame_minimap = ZGVMarker1Mini {
    }
    frame_taximap = ZGVMarker1Taxi {
    }
    frame_worldmap = ZGVMarker1World
    }
    frame_worldmap = ZGVMarker1World {
    }
    }
    (*temporary) = nil
    (*temporary) = nil
    (*temporary) = false
    (*temporary) = nil
    (*temporary) = nil
    (*temporary) = "attempt to index global 'FlightMapFrame' (a nil value)"
    type = <function> defined =[C]:-1
    tonumber = <function> defined =[C]:-1
    Pointer = <table> {
    ArrowFrame_SetAlpha = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:3168
    CycleWaypointFrom = <function> defined
    @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:5114
    ArrowFrame_Proto_GetDistTxt = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:2588
    Debug_StartDragging = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:2743
    widths_cache = <table> {
    }
    ResetFollowing = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:4903
    GetNextInPath = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:3558
    waypoints_ants = <table> {
    }
    ArrowSkinDir = "ZygorGuidesViewer\Arrows\stealth"
    CurrentArrowSkin = <table> {
    }
    Debug_KeepDragging = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:2762
    GetDefaultStepDist = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:1748
    ArrowFrameControl_OnUpdate = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:1705
    ShowWaiting = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:584
    DoCorpseCheck = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:3310
    ArrowFrame_OnUpdate_Common = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:2092
    ArrowFrame_HideSpellArrow = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:1841
    SetAntSpacing = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:4555
    waypoint_tostring = <function> defined
    @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:392
    Icons = <table> {
    }
    DoAutoTravel = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:4964
    Debug_RemovePointFromPath = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:2648
    waypoints = <table> {
    }
    calc_angles_curved = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:4207
    ArrowFrame_OnShow = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:2610
    pointsets = <table> {
    }
    spawn_straight_ants = <function> defined
    @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:4340
    TestGetNextInPathOne_SetWay = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:4034
    mapsizeratio = <table> {
    }
    CalculateDirectionTiers = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:1729
    spawn_curve_ants = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:4252
    ResetWaypointIfOrphaned = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:1182
    ClearWaypoints_ant = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:490
    Debug_IsPathAttribute = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:2739
    antpoints = <table> {
    }
    nummanual = 0
    Debug_TogglePathAttribute = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:2733
    iconScale = 0.83531339109072
    TestGetNextInPath = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:4072
    ClearSet = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:4663
    Debug_MoveManualsForward = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:4047
    MinimapZoomChanged = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:1244
    ClearSets = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:4656
    ResetMinimapZoom = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:1255
    Debug_MovePointHere = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:2660
    SetWaypointByCommandLine = <function> d

Try doing a full guide wipe/reset.

1. exit WoW
    2. go to the WoW/Interface/Addons folder and delete the ZygorGuidesViewer folder
    3. go to the WoW/WTF/Account/<accountname>/SavedVariables folder and delete the Zygor files in there
    4. run the desktop client and install a fresh copy of the guides
    5. go back in game to test and let me know if that fixed it
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Sorry, I thought I had indicated I had cleaned everything off my system regarding Zygor products and did a new install. This didn't fix the problem.
      Last edited by 6f324e31; February 2, 2018, 09:39 PM.

Comment

We'll check into it more to see if there is something we can do on our side for it. There is a chance this might be being caused by WorldFlightMap not being updated for 7.3.5 by it's author.
        Last edited by Zygor Support; February 2, 2018, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Thanks much. I did pass the error along to the author of WorldFlightMap as well.

Comment

I got a reply from the author of WorldFlightMap to the error code I also provided to you. Per Semlar he stated:

"The error is from a combination of this addon and Zygor, but specifically it's being caused by this addon preventing the normal flight map from loading (because it needs to show the world map instead), and Zygor assuming that the flight map will always exist after you talk to a flight master and trying to manipulate something on it that doesn't exist.
            I could possibly prevent the error by creating a fake flight map frame for it to silently modify, but I'd have to sort through their code to figure out what they're trying to do and I don't really have time to do that right now."

Just thought I would pass this along since it might help you debug the problem although I am sure your programmers are capable of doing that.

Comment

The thing there is we're trying to highlight flights that you're supposed to take so you can find it on the flight map easier. The other thing we do with it is if you have the option enable to automatically take flights I believe that needs the normal flight map so the flight can be selected.

Comment

No problem. I will just live with the error messages. They are annoying but don't hurt anything. Just an FYI. Using the regular map still highlights the path and location you should fly to. Don't know about the automatic flight since I never use that option.

Comment

I should let you know I have been getting the same LUA errors but I installed BugSack addon to catch them

Comment

Working...
                  X