Very unhappy with many waypoints and general guide for Legion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very unhappy with many waypoints and general guide for Legion

Very often the waypoints serve only to confuse or point one in the wrong direction for much of the Legion content. Furthermore, many of the instructions are unclear or altogether wrong. Considering Legion has been out for a while, are there plans to correct the issues with the guide? Working through the Suramar one now, and I'm getting increasingly frustrated that a product I paid for is ruining the experience rather than helping it.

For example, I'm on Step 145 of the Suramar questline. I'm being told to enter a cave. The only directions on the guide are, "Downstairs." and then the waypoint arrow directs me to a place that I can't get to. Maybe it's because the directions don't say, "Enter through the door. Go down the spiral staircase, " etc, but that would help.
    Last edited by karellan; July 17, 2018, 11:37 PM.

The arrow should be working well to guide you around to the different locations but if you do not go to a waypoint so that the arrow can then direct to the next waypoint it could mess with the directions. It's also sometimes hard to use waypoints to direct you to a location if you happened to diverge from the guide to go do something on the AH and then are coming back to the spot from a different direction. I'm not saying that these apply to you but that these are some examples of normal things in the game that can confuse the arrow. Have you been using your whistle and hearthstone when the arrow say to do so? It can also get confused around the Shal'aran cave near Suramar (where the portals are) as the entrance to the cave is a bit fuzzy with the arrow so it can sometimes think you're in the cave when you're still outside.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
      The arrow should be working well to guide you around to the different locations but if you do not go to a waypoint so that the arrow can then direct to the next waypoint it could mess with the directions. It's also sometimes hard to use waypoints to direct you to a location if you happened to diverge from the guide to go do something on the AH and then are coming back to the spot from a different direction. I'm not saying that these apply to you but that these are some examples of normal things in the game that can confuse the arrow. Have you been using your whistle and hearthstone when the arrow say to do so? It can also get confused around the Shal'aran cave near Suramar (where the portals are) as the entrance to the cave is a bit fuzzy with the arrow so it can sometimes think you're in the cave when you're still outside.
      The Shal'aran cave is precisely where I am encountering a lot of the issues I talked about above, but I've also seen it throughout the leveling process from 100-110. As an altoholic, I've seen the same issue on the 6 toons I've leveled to 110. (I was away for three years and just came back.) However, that doesn't explain poor or unclear directions.

Comment

please dnt be sad i msure zygor and his team can help you the best way they can

Comment

I have the same problem. To get it working I need to leave the cave and then when I walk a bit it breaks again. Very annoying.

Comment

It's still broken and it's not just that area. It's all across the game. Especially late stage game play. Very often the guides will say they can't find the destination or lead you to the wrong destination, and this is for content that has been out for some time... It's making the game less enjoyable as a result of using the guide. I've never seen Zygor NOT be an asset to the game in the 8-1/2 years I've been using it.

Comment

Originally posted by karellan View Post
              It's still broken and it's not just that area. It's all across the game. Especially late stage game play. Very often the guides will say they can't find the destination or lead you to the wrong destination, and this is for content that has been out for some time... It's making the game less enjoyable as a result of using the guide. I've never seen Zygor NOT be an asset to the game in the 8-1/2 years I've been using it.
              I am going to have to agree with this. The Mount Training guide just goes into an infinite loop and is not usable. They seem like a bunch of small errors but begin to plague the game in later content. I just grit through and use wowhead to supplement the guide. I am not going to unsub because i would say it still has about 75-80 percent accuracy.

Comment

Have you tested with all other addons disabled? Right after a major patch like 8.0 there are always addon conflicts for a few weeks and they could easily cause issues with the travel system.

Comment

I only run zygor and DBM. For instance right now I am trying to go through Highmountain to earn my Legion Flying and the very first quest to accept is from Mayla Highmountain - The Rivermane Tribe. I went downstairs as this is the very first step to doing this guide, and she is not giving the quest at all. So going to wowhead it appears this is a chain quest and is the 3rd part, and when I try to go get the first part of the quest its not there either. My biggest complaint is this smart injection system that is marketed is not very smart. Can you tell me if I am doing something out of order? I was directed this way by clicking on the Guide for legion flying and it said load this guide, and here i am stuck.

Comment

You must use the Intro & Artifacts guide to unlock the leveling zones in Legion before trying to use those zone Leveling guides.

Comment

Also having some issues with the travel system (with no other add-ons enabled). I'm constantly seeing "leave the building" and have to click on the step in the guide to get the arrow to point to the NPC I need to talk to.

Comment

I only had issues with the arrows since 8.0 where Blizz changed a lot of mapping api

Enter the cave and talk to Thalyssra

I AM IN THE CAVE

Well... in fact, it is mainly Shal'Aran and interiors that have this issue

Comment

Working...
                        X