Legion World Quests broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legion World Quests broken

No longer works, the guide (which you advertise on your guides page) is no longer in client. The guides that are there are all separated by zone, and they dont work either. Please fix this! The "Legion World Quests" guide needs to be added back!!! Please!

Zygor broken for World Quests

Originally posted by Wrich73 View Post
    No longer works, the guide (which you advertise on your guides page) is no longer in client. The guides that are there are all separated by zone, and they dont work either. Please fix this! The "Legion World Quests" guide needs to be added back!!! Please!
    I essentially have the same problem. Historically, I've used World Quest Tracker in conjunction with Zygor. WQT lays out the world quests in a very helpful way so that I know at a glance which ones I want to do. I would click on a quest on the map and it would load into Zygor which I used for navigation which worked great.

This broke with 8.0.1. After a number of trials I found that I could use World Quest List from the map and it would load into Zygor. This stopped working in the Zygor patch just before this last one (361). I can't even click on a world quest on the map and have it load into Zygor without either of the other addons. Zygor is currently broken and can't be used for world quests.

Comment

Please disable WQT and WQL addons since they currently are breaking the world quests guides.
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Came here to post I have the same problem. Pleased to see at least it is being looked at. Thanks.

Comment

Same problem - 6.2.18361. Separating world quest guides is not good.
          Also world quest achievement guides have links to the old guide "Legion World Quests"

Update: I'm Sorry. I've noticed that relevant world quest guide selected when I choose quest. Nice solution!
          Last edited by mihalaud; July 21, 2018, 09:55 AM.

Comment

You need to click the world quest from the zone map, not the continent map.

That way I can confirm that it works with WorldQuestList 6.4 installed.

BTW, I saw a similar behaviour with the Argus invasions, don't remember if it affected the Zygor guide or only the HandyNotes addon that allowed you to look for invasion groups when clicking an invasion point. That only worked if the zone map was opened though the invasion points were shown on the Argus map.
            Last edited by Cartman; July 21, 2018, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
              Please disable WQT and WQL addons since they currently are breaking the world quests guides.
              Umm, no?

And the separate guides doesn't make any sense. Why are they not in the single WQ guide anymore?

Comment

So, I disabled WQT to confirm that this solution works, but I don't really find this an acceptable solution. is WQT breaking the game? I'm not an addon developer, so I don't know how they interact, but this would be a tough decision to make if I had to choose one.

Comment

It is common for there to be many different addon conflicts right after a big patch like 8.0. It can often take several weeks after a big patch for all of the different addon authors to work out all of the different conflicts both with the new game client and other addons.
                  Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                  http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Fair enough. So this should work itself out over the next few weeks then.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos911 View Post
                      So, I disabled WQT to confirm that this solution works, but I don't really find this an acceptable solution. is WQT breaking the game? I'm not an addon developer, so I don't know how they interact, but this would be a tough decision to make if I had to choose one.
                      I tried World Quest Tracker and just as with the World Quest List addon what does not work is clicking a world quest from the continent map.
                      In order use these addons together with the guide you need to first click the zone map and then the world quest.

In addition to that World Quest Tracker replaces the standard Blizzard tracker for world quests. I think that never worked with the Zygor guide so you need to disable the tracker from the addon and use the standard Blizzard tracker. To do this select options at the bottom of the map and then it should be topmost option about tracking.

Comment

Zygor broken for World Quests

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
                        I tried World Quest Tracker and just as with the World Quest List addon what does not work is clicking a world quest from the continent map.
                        In order use these addons together with the guide you need to first click the zone map and then the world quest.

In addition to that World Quest Tracker replaces the standard Blizzard tracker for world quests. I think that never worked with the Zygor guide so you need to disable the tracker from the addon and use the standard Blizzard tracker. To do this select options at the bottom of the map and then it should be topmost option about tracking.
                        Tested it again and using WQT does not work for me as described above. That is, I selected the proper Zygor zone map for Legion world quests then clicked on the WQT quest--it did not load into Zygor.

Also, the second paragraph above is not how it worked for me. Previously, WQT worked, loading guides from WQT, without turning the tracker off (and without having to first load the zone world quest guide). Now, turning the tracker off has no bearing for whether or not the guide loads. It doesn't. I'm hoping this will get sorted soon as using WQT with Zygor makes world quests a breeze. Current state is little better than using neither addon for world quests.

Comment

Hi, blitzphk! I found a workaround. Now I use Zygor with World Quest List.

Comment

Seems fixed. Now works with WQT. Thank you!!!

Comment

Legion World Quests broken (FIXED)

Originally posted by UberGoober View Post
                              Seems fixed. Now works with WQT. Thank you!!!
                              Now working for me as well. Excellent work Zygor and thank you.

The only thing I would recommend is that you also return the guides to loading from the continent and not the zone. It was much more convenient before 8.0.1. But, I'm very happy to have basic functionality working with WQT.

Comment

Working...
                              X