X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I keep getting these errors

WoWScrnShot_072518_001407.jpg

has anyone reported this?

You can ignore those. They aren't really errors, just Blizzard deciding to say it's an error because you're not loading a file which you shouldn't be loading anyway.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

ok thanks. I was just wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
        You can ignore those. They aren't really errors, just Blizzard deciding to say it's an error because you're not loading a file which you shouldn't be loading anyway.
        Blizzard is generating an error because one or more of your scripts is trying to load files that you aren't shipping (anymore?) The error is that you're asking the game to load files that don't exist. If we shouldn't be loading them, why not clean up the code that is calling them? I expect more attention to detail from a professional paid service.

Comment

The files that are not being shipped are only loaded by us and are used in the process of developing new guides. Since the client is the same it needs to be able to load those files when we need them and are working in the guides but those files do not go out to you. It has been like this for years now but it is just with 8.0 that Blizzard decided that now it's an error. It was never an error for the many years we've been using these files in-house and it still isn't really an error, it's just Blizzard being Blizzard.

Comment

Suggest defining a variable (i.e. dev=true) and then for the functions that load those development resources, add an IF statement to check if dev is true or false. Similar to how folks often tackle log levels.

Comment

While it wasn't an error, it is now. I have Zygor turned off for now until these errors get cleaned up. I need to know if any of my other addons are causing problems, and I can't effectively know that with Zygor generating noise. All of my other addons that had this problem have since cleaned it up.

Comment

Marastu, found the two files that need to be edited to stop the errors from showing up.
                /files.xml : Remove/Comment out the line including DEV/DEV.XML
                /Guides/Autoload.xml : this one comment out all lines that are from BFA, have the word MASTER in them and i believe there are a few lines with dev in the name as well. That stopped the loading errors which will allow us to find the real error messages that are being produced.

Comment

Originally posted by nomad980 View Post
                  Marastu, found the two files that need to be edited to stop the errors from showing up.
                  /files.xml : Remove/Comment out the line including DEV/DEV.XML
                  /Guides/Autoload.xml : this one comment out all lines that are from BFA, have the word MASTER in them and i believe there are a few lines with dev in the name as well. That stopped the loading errors which will allow us to find the real error messages that are being produced.
                  Thank you nomad980!

Comment

They really should not have an active dev\dev.xml include in release files.. the devs should enable that in their machines instead.

convenience is for the customer not for the developer.

Comment

Might want a dev section that gets commented out (or removed) when it gets deployed. Going through and hunting down all the lua files that aren't deployed so errors can be 0 is a bit of work if it has to be done every single update

Comment

Whether we can ignore them or not is immaterial. It doesn't matter if you've always done it. Blizzard has decided this is now something that should be flagged.

I shouldn't have to go through your code every time you push a new version out delete every reference to the MASTER.lua files you aren't pushing out. You should have your development version and your release version and your users who are paying a monthly fee shouldn't have to do any of this.

Every other addon (free I might add) that had issues has fixed their code so it doesn't trigger errors.

Comment

Please fix your addon

Originally posted by Fraktyl View Post
                          Whether we can ignore them or not is immaterial. It doesn't matter if you've always done it. Blizzard has decided this is now something that should be flagged.

I shouldn't have to go through your code every time you push a new version out delete every reference to the MASTER.lua files you aren't pushing out. You should have your development version and your release version and your users who are paying a monthly fee shouldn't have to do any of this.

Every other addon (free I might add) that had issues has fixed their code so it doesn't trigger errors.
                          I totally agree... we are paying customers. Please fix this.

I just got the lastest update: 6.2.18461... nothing but errors from the WoW Client for this addon.

Luckly I backed up my changes I made to the the ZygorGuidesViewer: files.xml, Guides/Autoload.xml, and Localization/Localization.xml
                          Last edited by cnewman777; August 1, 2018, 06:05 PM.

Comment

I agree with the previous sentiments. No addon, especially a paid addon, should be producing error messages. I don't mind if it takes time to fix, but the answer shouldn't be "just ignore them".

Comment

This is being worked on to be fixed. For now, just ignore the errors until we have a fix in place as the errors do not affect anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X