Loading Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loading Errors

After the latest update I logged in and had more LUA errors (like the majority of the kind folks here) beyond the usual loading errors we have been having since 8.0 went live.

Did all steps mentioned in another post (deleting folders, re-installing client/guides etc) and guess what? I just lost all of my custom settings/profiles but the .LUA errors are still there. Had I known this would have happened, I wouldn't be touching a thing. Now not only I have to redo all of my profile modifications from scratch I also have to cope with the loading errors still.

Are these loading errors (which have been reported by other users in previous posts) being addressed to? I know you are working on fixing them but... Will they get fixed when Zygor 7 goes live? It is a little frustrating to still have these errors, even if we are being told to that they aren't affecting anything and can be ignored. Please advise or at least give us a heads up on the subject.

Thanks

While I find Zygor Guides a great and a very useful addon, hence the reason I became an elite subscriber, having those errors still (even if they don't affect anything but our patience) is somewhat more annoying than my OCD can cope with!

Here's to hoping this will be sorted soon enough!
    Last edited by autolycuswolf; August 7, 2018, 06:42 PM. Reason: clarifications

Try doing a full guide wipe/reset.

1. exit WoW
    2. go to the WoW/Interface/Addons folder and delete the ZygorGuidesViewer folder
    3. go to the WoW/WTF/Account/<accountname>/SavedVariables folder and delete the Zygor files in there
    4. run the desktop client and install a fresh copy of the guides
    5. go back in game to test and let me know if that fixed it
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
      Try doing a full guide wipe/reset.

1. exit WoW
      2. go to the WoW/Interface/Addons folder and delete the ZygorGuidesViewer folder
      3. go to the WoW/WTF/Account/<accountname>/SavedVariables folder and delete the Zygor files in there
      4. run the desktop client and install a fresh copy of the guides
      5. go back in game to test and let me know if that fixed it
      As mentioned in my original post: Did all steps mentioned in another post (deleting folders, re-installing client/guides etc) and guess what? I just lost all of my custom settings/profiles but the .LUA errors are still there.

So I guess there's no reason to just redo what I already have done...

Comment

Hi this worked for me

thanks for your help
        your the best

Comment

Just for the sake of being consistent, I did another full guide wipe/reset. Nothing happened. Still getting the usual loading errors

Comment

Did you find the files for step 3 or an empty folder? So far everyone that has done the wipe/reset has not had any errors afterwards, not even the previous ones for the file loading errors.

Comment

Did you find the files for step 3 or an empty folder? So far everyone that has done the wipe/reset has not had any errors afterwards, not even the previous ones for the file loading errors.
              Yes I did find the files mentioned in step 3 and deleted them. I searched my PC for anything Zygor related and deleted it. Don't know what else to do this is really frustrating...

Comment

Are you playing on a private server? Have you tried disabling every other addon?

Comment

Are you playing on a private server? Have you tried disabling every other addon?
                  No and yes... To be really honest those last two questions were somewhat uncalled for. I mean I know you probably had to ask, but would I be playing on a private server while using an addon that is not designed to run on private servers? (unless it does so accept my apologies) Would I be asking for support while having other addons that might cause issues enabled?

Comment

We have had plenty of people that got the guides thinking they would work on private servers so I always double check on that at some point in the troubleshooting process just in case. And most people look for help while having all of their normal addons still enabled, so yeah... there's that.

Try this for a test.

1. Exit the game
                    2. Go to your WoW/Cache folder and delete everything in there
                    3. Go to your WoW folder and rename the Interface and WTF folders to Interface.Old and WTF.Old
                    4. Run the Zygor desktop client, click the refresh button in the top right, and then click on the Install button
                    5. Go in game to test and then let me know if that fixed it

Comment

We have had plenty of people that got the guides thinking they would work on private servers so I always double check on that at some point in the troubleshooting process just in case. And most people look for help while having all of their normal addons still enabled, so yeah... there's that.

Try this for a test.

1. Exit the game
                      2. Go to your WoW/Cache folder and delete everything in there
                      3. Go to your WoW folder and rename the Interface and WTF folders to Interface.Old and WTF.Old
                      4. Run the Zygor desktop client, click the refresh button in the top right, and then click on the Install button
                      5. Go in game to test and then let me know if that fixed it
                      Will do this first thing tomorrow morning and will let you know. I live in Europe and the time here is almost 4 am so I definitely need to catch a few ZZZZs.

Comment

Message: ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:860: ERROR in startup frame 25: ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:2553: attempt to call method 'IsEnabled' (a nil value)
                        in
                        ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:2553: in function <...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesView er.lua:2193>
                        (tail call): ?
                        ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:4171: in function `SetStepFocus'
                        ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:1291: in function `FocusStep'
                        ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:1150: in function `SetGuide'
                        ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:966: in function `LoadInitialGuide'
                        ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:497: in function `Startup_LoadGuides_Threaded'
                        ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:717: in function <...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesView er.lua:648>

Time: Wed Aug 8 04:11:48 2018
                        Count: 1
                        Stack: ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:860: ERROR in startup frame 25: ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:2553: attempt to call method 'IsEnabled' (a nil value)
                        in
                        ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:2553: in function <...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesView er.lua:2193>
                        ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:4171: in function `SetStepFocus'
                        ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:1291: in function `FocusStep'
                        ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:1150: in function `SetGuide'
                        ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:966: in function `LoadInitialGuide'
                        ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:497: in function `Startup_LoadGuides_Threaded'
                        ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:717: in function <...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesView er.lua:648>

[C]: in function `error'
                        ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:860: in function `StartupStep'
                        Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\MasterFrame.lua :6: in function <Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\MasterFrame.lu a:4>

Locals: (*temporary) = "ERROR in startup frame 25: ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:2553: attempt to call method 'IsEnabled' (a nil value)
                        in
                        ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:717: in function <...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesV

Comment

Did you follow the steps in post 2 signit?

Comment

Thank you! It's working for me now after following your steps.

Comment

Originally posted by signit View Post
                              Message: ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:860: ERROR in startup frame 25: ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:2553: attempt to call method 'IsEnabled' (a nil value)
                              I got the same error but after deleting the ZygorGuidesViewer folder in WoW\Interface\Addons and reinstalling the guide everything seems to be working again.

Comment

Working...
                              X