OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it just me or is the new Zygor addon really pants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it just me or is the new Zygor addon really pants?

For the first time I've found my zygor levelling to be slower than manual levelling.

Waypoints are terrible, quests are badly described and inefficiently carried out. The whole thing is very frustrating.

I've been a fan of Zygor for a long long time so really disappointed tbh...

Anyone feel the same is it just me?

Yea, its pretty bad. I've turned off the addon. I'll definitely be unsubbing until they fix it.

Comment

Can you guys give some specifics, please? Thanks.
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Waypoints are really bad. Finding myself literally going around in circles - often you're standing right over the quest giver and it's still telling you to go up stairs? down stairs? down or up a path in the distance. This has been the biggest slowdown to levelling.
        Regularly get a message to hearth to my garrison LOL.. when HS is off CD.

On groups of quests - not getting instructions for all quests - so when you have finished say 4 of the 5 quests you then see a new instruction to complete objectives requiring you to go back into the same area you've been in to complete one quest which is so counterproductive.

Comment

Hmm, are you using older guides, or the new BFA guides? Please be as specific as possible about which guides, which steps, etc. This will help us narrow down the issue.

Comment

It will tell me to pickup quests that I can't pick up.
            It will tell me to pickup quests that aren't there.

Comment

It would be helpful if you could tell us which quests you are referring to, which guides, etc, etc. Without more detailed information, it's impossible for us to look into this for you. Thanks.

Comment

I can't remember the name, but it was in Stormsong and it told me to pick up a book that was a grey quest for me.

Comment

I think I know what quest you're talking about. Are you Horde or Alliance? This may be a change from beta to live. We are running through the leveling guides currently and making any changes that are necessary, since a few things usually change between beta and launch on live. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by wdesousa View Post
                    Waypoints are really bad. Finding myself literally going around in circles - often you're standing right over the quest giver and it's still telling you to go up stairs? down stairs? down or up a path in the distance. This has been the biggest slowdown to levelling.
                    Regularly get a message to hearth to my garrison LOL.. when HS is off CD.
                    The biggest issue for me has been the Navigation system. I started in Drustvar as Alliance. Often times it tells me to go in one direction, then after a minute or so it tells me to go back where I came from. One time it told me to go up the hill. I followed the arrow for a good 1.5 minutes when the arrow started pointing in the opposite direction. I went back to my starting point and saw a small hill in a completely different direction than I was told to go. I went up that hill and BAM! the arrow spun around and I was on the right track. Running around in circles also happened often enough to really slow down my leveling, and when trying not to aggro unnecessary mobs, it became frustrating.

I'm an loyal Elite Member so i'm for sure sticking with the guide, but I will say that I played the first 12 hrs after launch and planned on having my first character leveled and doing World Quests in 8-10 hrs. I lost 1.5 hours because of a glitched quest giver, another 1.5 hrs to server crashes. So after 9 hrs of, at times, running in circles, i'm at level 114.

I think the directions are pretty spot on, but the Navigation system spins me around often and is very sluggish to kick in to the point where I have no idea which direction i need to go. It did it again on my first quest today. It had me going in circles and aggroing mobs in a place I shouldn't have been told to go in. Frustrating.
                    Last edited by UberGoober; August 14, 2018, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Thank you! Honestly the war campaign and everything has been flawless and for me the navigation system worked well ableit sometimes scenic it got you to the right place. The only issue was couple quests that it got stuck on which you guys are fixing!

Comment

The alliance once has been good for me, but the horde one, I was lost with just the starting steps. I assume changes from the beta.

Now I cant get past step 29 in Zuldaza, the steps don't lead anywhere, cant find the quest giver. I gave up and went back to my alliance toon, he is on step 130 ish.

It tells me to run up the stairs, but I already started up the stairs. Im so confused.
                        Last edited by drcoolj; August 15, 2018, 08:00 PM.

Comment

I'm guessing that there will be updates soon. A long time user of the guides & they have always come through. Right now as Horde, I'm stuck with the Pa'ku quest line even though I chose the Gonk one. As a result it's obsessed with quests I don't have. I tried a reset (backed up & removed the saved .lua files) but I end up back at the Pa'ku quest.

Comment

Originally posted by sonic2k View Post
                            I'm guessing that there will be updates soon. A long time user of the guides & they have always come through. Right now as Horde, I'm stuck with the Pa'ku quest line even though I chose the Gonk one. As a result it's obsessed with quests I don't have. I tried a reset (backed up & removed the saved .lua files) but I end up back at the Pa'ku quest.
                            Same here.

Comment

Originally posted by wdesousa View Post
                              Waypoints are really bad. Finding myself literally going around in circles - often you're standing right over the quest giver and it's still telling you to go up stairs? down stairs? down or up a path in the distance.
                              The problem is that the Zygor team very often plotted paths with several waypoints between start and end point.
                              If you strictly follow the path you'll be fine. But if you leave the path for example to pick up herbs and ores or to killa a reare mob you might already be closer to the target than the waypoint the arrow is pointing to.
                              In that case you can just click the goal line in the guide window to get the arrow pointing directly towards the NPC or quest goal.

Comment

Working...
                              X