Think its time to say goodbye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think its time to say goodbye

I have used Zygor guides now for quite a few years. and there has always been minor issues with the waypoint arrow not being exactly spot on.

But it is utterly atrocious these days to the point where it in no way has any credibility in terms of speeding up your gaming, in fact it is absoloutely the opposite of that.

I have lost count of the amount of time i have wasted since the new expansion following an arrow that as confused as i feel trying to follow it in the vain hope it will come good in the end.

It hasnt and im fairly certain it wont, Im sure you would agree the waypoint arrow is proabably one of the main reasons people buy (lease) your product. so for it to act like it is at this time is utterly unnaceptable.

As running one way and then another to find the exact spot it wants you to hit before it will stop acting like a petualnt child is certainly not my idea of a guide that is worth subscribing too.

i was literally coming here to complain about this exact thing wtf how hard was it to goto the final destination now we have "ant trails" that are absolutely the worst new thing added to zygor since it started... i want them gone

Comment

We are working on this and should have something out soon that will make you happy.
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Guys, give them a few days to work out the BUGs in the new version of Zygor and the new stuff in BFA. It will only improve.

Comment

Originally posted by justme View Post
          I have used Zygor guides now for quite a few years. and there has always been minor issues with the waypoint arrow not being exactly spot on.

But it is utterly atrocious these days to the point where it in no way has any credibility in terms of speeding up your gaming, in fact it is absoloutely the opposite of that.

I have lost count of the amount of time i have wasted since the new expansion following an arrow that as confused as i feel trying to follow it in the vain hope it will come good in the end.

It hasnt and im fairly certain it wont, Im sure you would agree the waypoint arrow is proabably one of the main reasons people buy (lease) your product. so for it to act like it is at this time is utterly unnaceptable.

As running one way and then another to find the exact spot it wants you to hit before it will stop acting like a petualnt child is certainly not my idea of a guide that is worth subscribing too.

100% THIS!

I'm very happy with how the quests are explained. The way they walk you through each quest is accurate and spot on.

OTOH, the Green Arrow that guides you, that honestly, I look at more than anything else is a total disaster! It's confused more times than not, and seems like it takes a few minutes for it to lock into your location and accurately direct you. I run in circles for several minutes before I can get it to behave properly. A handful of times it just didn't help me get to the next POI at all.

I hope they're looking at this feature because it's definitely broken, and push out a fix soon.

Comment

I just want to chime in here and tell everyone who is concerned about the abundance of waypoints, what we call "travel lines", in the new guides, we've heard you loud and clear, and we are already beginning to trim those down in the guides we're working on. So in the future, we will go back to including only the truly essential travel lines to help you navigate better - but not overwhelmingly so.

We see now that we got a bit overzealous, and we're working to correct that. It won't happen overnight, but we are working on it as fast as we can, and you WILL see continual improvement. We do hear you and we will continue doing everything we can to try to deliver the best guides possible.

Thanks for the feedback! Stay tuned.
            Last edited by Zygor; August 17, 2018, 04:54 PM.
            http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
              I just want to chime in here and tell everyone who is concerned about the abundance of waypoints, what we call "travel lines", in the new guides, we've heard you loud and clear, and we are already beginning to trim those down in the guides we're working on. So in the future, we will go back to including only the truly essential travel lines to help you navigate better - but not overwhelmingly so.

We see now that we got a bit overzealous, and we're working to correct that. It won't happen overnight, but we are working on it as fast as we can, and you WILL see continual improvement. We do hear you and we will continue doing everything we can to try to deliver the best guides possible.

Thanks for the feedback! Stay tuned.
              For me, I noticed that the waypoints are less forgiving than the previous ones, if I do not run DIRECTLY over the waypoint, zygors doesnt recognize it. Also, I noticed that Zygors is checking what waypoint im closest to instead of the nearest waypoint closest toward my target, IF the closest waypoint is behind me, zygors is telling me to go backwards, then turn 180 and head toward target.

Comment

Originally posted by vlalkor View Post
                For me, I noticed that the waypoints are less forgiving than the previous ones, if I do not run DIRECTLY over the waypoint, zygors doesnt recognize it. Also, I noticed that Zygors is checking what waypoint im closest to instead of the nearest waypoint closest toward my target, IF the closest waypoint is behind me, zygors is telling me to go backwards, then turn 180 and head toward target.
                I have been buying the guides a long time and beeing an Elite member, you really need to step up you game. Because this is the most anoying thing in the new guide, the arrow really need to get ALOT smarter. Now you got competition with the free Azeroth Auto Pilot. Your guides have alot more info, but the arrow is really alot better in AAP, which makes it better at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by vlalkor View Post
                  For me, I noticed that the waypoints are less forgiving than the previous ones, if I do not run DIRECTLY over the waypoint, zygors doesnt recognize it.
                  That is caused by the amount of waypoints on a path.
                  If I remember it correctly you can define how close you need to get to a waypoint for the guide to recognize it as reached.
                  However if you plot a path you need to keep this distance setting small enough, otherwise the guide will let you run in circles when checking for the nearest waypoint.

I too prefer the old style where only few waypoints are used to mark certain paths you need to take.
                  However I understand why the Zygor team use so many waypoints to keep the players on more safe paths.
                  I remember that years ago people were complaining about the lack of waypoints and that they were unable to find the correct way or ran into mobs.

Comment

We just pushed a new update that includes a complete rework of the Zuldazar leveling guide. Based on the feedback we're getting about Travel Lines, we reduced them drastically for that guide. If you guys could, please play through that guide and let us know if it feels a lot better now. We are continuing to rework all of the other guides to be this way as well, but we would like to get feedback on the change quickly, to make sure it feels good for players now.

Thanks!
                    http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Comment

I actually came to check this. Most of the time, if you skip the exact location to turn with like 5 yards, the arrow makes you go back. And most of the time, there is a mob at that location so you keep losing time. I use Zygor since WOTLK and this has deceived me a lot this expansion.

Comment

Enough is enough I have given you as my guide supplier plenty of time to fix this woeful navigation system, its supposed to work "out of the box" but having to constantly click on the next step to un muddle my waypoint arrow is a joke. After all it is one of the guides biggest selling points. You will be getting no more money from me whatsoever. off to free addon land i go.

Comment

As to how bad these are, yesterday I was doing a world quest and it sent me to the right place to pick up part of it, then sent me clear across the map to execute it. Actually all I needed to do was go about 100 yards to a building. Please fix things like this!!

Comment

Originally posted by fireflye View Post
                            As to how bad these are, yesterday I was doing a world quest and it sent me to the right place to pick up part of it, then sent me clear across the map to execute it. Actually all I needed to do was go about 100 yards to a building. Please fix things like this!!
                            If you encounter something like that please report it with the quest name and faction here:
                            http://zygorguides.com/forum/forumdi...-Events-Guides
                            It's probably just a typo in the coordinates.

Comment

Whilst I understand that user input would be beneficial in certain cases I think its just wrong that this incarnation of the guide is so utterly woeful, and its not getting even a little better. I always though the logic behind being a subcriber was that the people you paid would fix the broken addon when you reported it broken not ask you to invest your time finding whats wrong with it for them. If your being paid make it work its simple buisness principle. would you pay a subscription for a sky tv box that didnt work ? answer is most likely going to be no .

Comment

Working...
                              X