Travel System Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travel System Question

What is the current distance beyond which the travel system tells you to use the flight whistle? I'm thinking it's way too short a distance, as I couldn't have been more than 200-300 from the location, and it only started telling me to run to it once I got within 100.

I would ask the same question with regard to hearthstones too (or maybe it's the same answer.)

Anyway, perhaps we could get a setting in the UI to choose the distance? For example, for me personally, I would prefer to run anything under 500 and save my hearth/whistle.

The travel system will look at all of the different ways you can get from point A to point B, figures out which of those routes is the fastest, then it shows you what it feels is the fastest. I do not think there is a set minimum distance before it will suggest an item.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
      The travel system will look at all of the different ways you can get from point A to point B, figures out which of those routes is the fastest, then it shows you what it feels is the fastest. I do not think there is a set minimum distance before it will suggest an item.
      Perhaps there's not a better way to do it...but, the problem with this logic is that "faster" is not always the most efficient and/or the most preferred thing. For example, if running back to turn in a quest at a hub (near a flight-master), Zygor wants you to use the flight master whistle because it's "faster", even though the location is just 200 yards away.

Perhaps some logic could be put in just to avoid wasting hearth and/or whistle if the destination is within # yards, even if it's not technically the "most fast" way?

Comment

Working...
      X