Disable Interim Waypoints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disable Interim Waypoints

Hello! I'm trying to figure out how to disable the interim waypoints (i.e. the ones that say "follow the path" or "go up the stairs", etc.) as they're overdone to the point that they're invasive (I don't need a waypoint to tell me to go up two steps) and its gotten to the point where I get where I'm trying to go quicker without them because Zygor doesn't register that I've run through them unless I hit just the right spot. I'd much rather just have one waypoint at my destination and have the ant trail run directly there. I can't even see my quest objectives on the map because they're buried under Zygor waypoints.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Chris

The Zygor team are reworking all guides to reduce the amount of waypoints.

You can click the quest goal line to make the arrow point towards the destination.

Comment

Thank you! Hopefully this update comes soon so I don't have to do that for every step... Nonetheless though your help is appreciated

Comment

As long as you strictly follow the path of the waypoints you are fine.

I probalby had less trouble following the path shown by the guide than going the straight ways. However my first character in the BfA zones has no gathering professions so there was no need to leave the path.
        If you are often leaving the path to collect ores and flowers it might be difficult to keep track of where to go next to prevent running back and forth.

From what I see in the patch notes the Horde Nazmir guide should have been reworked and they are currently working on the Vol'dun guide.

Comment

Any word on the Zandalar guide? I picked that one first :P currently ~34% in

Comment

It seems it takes 1-2 days to rework the guides. So the Zandalar guide might not be reworked before you finish it.

Comment

Ah, well at least when I finish Zandalar the other guides will be good to go

Comment

The Zuldazar Horde leveling guide was the first guide to be reworked, so that guide should have drastically less waypoints than before. Please make sure your guides are updated to the current version.
                Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Thanks for the update! I actually noticed that I needed an update shortly after creating this post and once I did I found that the waypoints are much more manageable. The fact that they're now translucent is also helpful for ensuring they don't get in the way. Is there a setting that will disable waypoints altogether, and just have the ant trail run directly to my destination (while keeping the travel system to determine if it's more efficient to use a hearthstone/FP/teleport/etc)? If not, is this planned for a future update?

Comment

Originally posted by cem20071770 View Post
                    Thanks for the update! I actually noticed that I needed an update shortly after creating this post and once I did I found that the waypoints are much more manageable. The fact that they're now translucent is also helpful for ensuring they don't get in the way. Is there a setting that will disable waypoints altogether, and just have the ant trail run directly to my destination (while keeping the travel system to determine if it's more efficient to use a hearthstone/FP/teleport/etc)? If not, is this planned for a future update?
                    We're working on this now, will release it asap when it's ready and stable.
                    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                    http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Awesome, thank you so much! ^_^

Comment

I'm running in the classic areas right now, and I'm finding that the guides are bypassing the 'quickest' way to the goal. For instance, if I need to return to a town that my hearthstone is set to (and my hearthstone cooldown is zero), the guide directs me toward an interim point rather than suggesting the stone. If I click on the 'turn in' entry in the guide, then it will suggest that I use the stone.

It would be cool if there was a way to enable/disable the interim points altogether, but I haven't seen a way to do it (aside from cutting the interim points out of lua files).

Comment

Working...
                        X