Gather Farming Guide Issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gather Farming Guide Issue?

"Please place all technical questions or problems you may be having with the Built-in Waypoint Arrow or Travel System here."

I really hope I'm placing this in the right section.

So I was in Stormwind on a new character, and I wanted to do some copper farming for a bit. Loaded up the copper farming guide for the pathing waypoints(I used to use Gatherer for this, it's just easier to follow the arrows on the path) and it pointed me out the gates of the city as I am used to.

I get outside and it points me to the nearest 'point' which is right outside the gates of the city. And that was it. The arrow vanished. The minimap still had the ant trails(thank you for that by the way). So I decided to follow those in the direction the little dots were pointing thinking this might just be the new system.

I clicked something in the guide by accident and all the sudden the arrow showed up again(I don't remember what it was I clicked exactly), pointing to the next waypoint in the path. I move to the point, but rather than automatically point to the next point as I had become used to it just sat there acting like I had reached my destination.

So ignoring the arrow for a bit I moved on to following the ant trails again. Every time I'm practically on top of the next point, the arrow updates to tell me that this is my next point.

Now if this is a bug, I'm sure you can see how this might be annoying. If working as intended, my bad. I'm just used to how it used to work.

EDIT - I also noticed this same behavior for the gold guide, specifically one I loaded for gathering "Chunk of Boar Meat" for selling on the auction house. Additional to that though is, it asks for 96 of them(not a problem), but when I get 18-20 of them in my bags suddenly it says completed and I should talk to the nearest auctioneer. When I press the back step button to see why it says that 20 is complete of 96, it seems to think I have over 200 Chunks of Boar Meat in my bags.
    Last edited by trexelcat; August 24, 2018, 07:37 AM. Reason: additional information

When you do the test I posted in the other thread about opening the gold guide also check on this to see if that test made any difference for you with this.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
      Try this for a test.

1. Exit the game
      2. Go to your WoW/Cache folder and delete everything in there
      3. Go to your WoW folder and rename the Interface and WTF folders to Interface.Old and WTF.Old
      4. Run the Zygor desktop client, click the refresh button in the top right, and then click on the Install button
      5. Go in game to test and then let me know if that fixed it
      Just now got done testing that, to the letter of what you wrote. Same behavior. Once again starting from inside Stormwind, the copper farming guide points me to the gates, outside the gates points me to the nearest point, then the arrow vanishes. If I click step forward, then step back in the guide it brings the arrow up again but as before it will refuse to advance and acts like the next point is my destination.

Same with the "Chunk of Boar Meat" gathering for the auction house. Pathing refuses to update the arrow unless I'm practically standing on top of the point. Sometimes not even then. And it still seems to think that 18-20(out of 96) Chunks of Boar Meat is complete and that I now have over 200 in my bags.

The unrelated gold guide issue remains for me(not liking to show up if I do anything else). I only put this here as the other thread already documents my issue, and I thought for ease I would just note that it still remains even after following the advice.

Just a bit of a note, this does not affect any other pathing that I've used in my guide. Quest pathing works(though if I miss a point because I wandered off center it will still try to get me to go back and hit the point I missed, this is corrected though by hitting the next point and forcing it to update so-to-speak). Profession leveling pathing when it reaches a point where it tells me to go to a certain place to learn something works. Only the gathering pathing.

Comment

We'll see if we can reproduce this to find the cause.
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
        X