Old Quest Line still showing after completion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Quest Line still showing after completion

I did a quest line that included killing the elite Puscilla. When finished with the quest, the old steps still show on my viewer even when switching tabs. I have tried opening and closing zygor, disabling it, and switching characters. It always shows up.

I am attaching a screenshot of the viewer so you can see what I am talking about.
    WoWScrnShot_010119_230316.jpg

Everything under Get Thundersnout's Snout (in red) is from the old quest. How do I make it go away?

Thanks

If you've already completed it you can use the step arrows to skip forward past that quest. If you've done that quest and it's showing as red for the objectives then that could be something like the game server not reporting the completion aspect correctly or maybe another addon messing with the guide viewer when it's trying to get quest completion for that. The other thing is if it is part of a scenario those will often have things show as not completed when going thru the guide steps again because of the phasing involved with the scenarios.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
      If you've already completed it you can use the step arrows to skip forward past that quest. If you've done that quest and it's showing as red for the objectives then that could be something like the game server not reporting the completion aspect correctly or maybe another addon messing with the guide viewer when it's trying to get quest completion for that. The other thing is if it is part of a scenario those will often have things show as not completed when going thru the guide steps again because of the phasing involved with the scenarios.
      I have already completed the quest. I used the steps to the end. The steps below the current quest line (on the bottom) always show up regardless of which quest I am doing. I will post another screen shot so you can see. It was not part of a scenario.Zygor Guide 2Jan2019.jpg
      Last edited by squeak; January 2, 2019, 06:10 PM.

Comment

So I found the original quest, it was a world quest and I went and did it again. Although I could not get the guide to bring up this particular world quest, I was able to click on the steps that were showing and it continued from there. I completed the quest and the steps went away! The next day when I logged in again, the quest was back waiting for me. :-(

This screenshot is from after finishing the quest again and logging back in. Do I need to uninstall zygor? If so, do I need to delete any file caches so this doesn't show? Or could I just delete the cache and have it go back to not showing this quest all the time. You may not be able to tell from the picture, but the quest log gets really long as I am going through so now the guide takes up most of the right side of my screen, from bags to map. :-( Zygor Guide 3Jan2019.jpg
        Last edited by squeak; January 4, 2019, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Right click on that step for the rare and select to remove that POI (didn't spot the rare POI aspect at first). That should get rid of it and hopefully that will remember it next time you log in. If it doesn't remember it you might have to exit the game, go to the WoW/_retail_/WTF/Account/<your account name here>/SavedVariables folder, and delete the Zygor files in there to reset the guide viewer.
          Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
          http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
            Right click on that step for the rare and select to remove that POI (didn't spot the rare POI aspect at first). That should get rid of it and hopefully that will remember it next time you log in. If it doesn't remember it you might have to exit the game, go to the WoW/_retail_/WTF/Account/<your account name here>/SavedVariables folder, and delete the Zygor files in there to reset the guide viewer.
            I tried the right click option and that seems to have taken care of the problem. Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
            X