Your addon directory does not exist for world of warcraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your addon directory does not exist for world of warcraft

Your addon directory does not exist for world of Warcraft , wont let me sync or anything it has the yellow triangle, also
    I looked at the path and it shows C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\_retail_ , so im completely lost

We recently made changes to the client. You will want to make sure you are running the current version of the client VER:1.0.1. If you are running the java client you will want to visit the members area of the website and download the New Client. If you are running the New Client you will want to go to the options menu, you can find this by clicking the cog icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the client window. You will want to select Installation, and use the Edit-Browse button to make sure the directories for install directory, executable and addons, directory, are all set to the correct places. If you are using the default locations they will look like this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\_retail_\
    C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\_retail_\Wow.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\_retail_\Interface\AddOns

If you have any more questions, please let us know. Thank you.

Comment

I'm having a similar issue, I updated to V1.0.1 yesterday, still had v7.0.19960 as the guides, and all worked well. today it says new v7.0.19983, click update, downloads 2.9mb, unpacks then says 'An Error Occured while updating your guides'

Uninstalling the v1.0.01 cleanly uninstalls, remove the zygorguidesveiwer folder from the addons directory, delete all traces of zygor from the world of warcraft folder, including the ones in WTF folder.

reinstall, check paths are correct

E:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\_retail_\
      E:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\_retail_\wow.exe
      E:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\_retail_\Interface\addons

try installing guides, downloads 22.57Mb, same issue.

download the manual guides, copy the folder into the addons dir

run check for updates and shows 7.0.19983 installed and allows me to play but states zygor guides is out of date when first loaded and doesnt have any guides. shows 7.0.19983 in bottom left corner

quit wow, kill blizzard tasks, kill zygor tasks and restart zygor and then wow i get guides, but only limited guides

copy the backup i made before starting all this, and i get v7.0.19960 back but still tries to update with the same error

Copy v7.0.19983 manual ver the top and i get installed 19983 latest 19983,

when i play i get full working 19983, but am i going to have this problem again when the next guide update occurs

8.1.5 (29896) (Release x64) Wow released 28/03/2019
      Last edited by zarrax; April 3, 2019, 02:01 PM. Reason: error correcting

Comment

Do you have any AntiVirus running that might be sticking its nose into the client's business? It looks like it gets far enough for the download to succeed, but then it fails when attempting to apply the update file.

The file names shouldn't be case sensitive as far as I'm aware, but you could try fix the casing on your AddOns directory (addons -> AddOns) just in case?

Comment

im running the latest 1.0.1 and its default is those 3 directories but still yellow triangle saying it doesn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by chvyz71 View Post
            im running the latest 1.0.1 and its default is those 3 directories but still yellow triangle saying it doesn't exist
            Usually that means the directory is set to the wrong location. Please open the battle.net client, make sure World of Warcraft is selected, then click Options \ Game Settings. In the popup that appears click Game Install, this will show you where the game is actually installed. You will then need to set your Zygor Client directories under Settings \ Installation to the same location.

For example, I've seen some people who have the game installed to C:\Users\Public\World of Warcraft

in which case the directories would need to be set to:

C:\Users\Public\World of Warcraft\_retail_\
            C:\Users\Public\World of Warcraft\_retail_\wow.exe
            C:\Users\Public\World of Warcraft\_retail_\Interface\addons
            Last edited by Zygor Admin; April 3, 2019, 04:04 PM.

Comment

C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\ is what it shows

Comment

Had to change it from retail to just Warcraft then it worked ty

Comment

Click the gear icon on the desktop client at the bottom right to go into the settings. Now select Installation on the left side so you can see the game folder setting. Now click the pencil icon to the right side of the WoW directory so that you can see all 3 settings. Use the magnifying glass icon (do not type) to set the first one to C:/Program Files (x86)/World of Warcraft/_retail_. After setting that one the other 2 should change automatically. Double check, and change if necessary, so that the other 2 are showing (in order) C:/Program Files (x86)/World of Warcraft/_retail_/wow.exe and C:/Program Files (x86)/World of Warcraft/_retail_/Interface/AddOns. That should fix it so it sees your proper game folder.

Edit: The battle.net launcher is no longer updating stuff in the plain WoW folder. It is all now in the WoW/_retail_ folder so you should have them all set to be pointing there.
                  Last edited by ZG Support 1; April 3, 2019, 04:14 PM.
                  Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                  http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Tried it with and without norton running, and the case is simply me not pressing shift

Comment

Just had to manually install 7.0.20016, norton disabled, malwarebyte task killed, almost everything running task killed, ran as administrator same error downloads and the errros

Comment

please email us, so we can send you a link for a test client we are working on. Thank you.

Comment

last part of log file

2019-04-11T18:59:43+01:00 @@ PackagerService.js @@ info @@ Received updateStatus
                          2019-04-11T18:59:45+01:00 @@ updateGuides.js @@ info @@ Downloaded and unzipped to C:\Users\Beast\AppData\Local\Temp\wow_update_15550 05583.137
                          2019-04-11T18:59:45+01:00 @@ updateGuides.js @@ info @@ [updateGuides.js] Game is not running, continuing
                          2019-04-11T18:59:45+01:00 @@ updateGuides.js @@ info @@ Copying C:\Users\Beast\AppData\Local\Temp\wow_update_15550 05583.137 to E:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\_retail_\Interface\AddOns
                          2019-04-11T18:59:45+01:00 @@ PackagerService.js @@ info @@ Received updateStatus
                          2019-04-11T18:59:45+01:00 @@ PackagerService.js @@ info @@ Received updateStatus
                          2019-04-11T18:59:45+01:00 @@ updateGuides.js @@ error @@ {"errno":-4068,"code":"EISDIR","syscall":"readlink","path":" E:\\Program Files\\World of Warcraft\\_retail_\\Interface\\AddOns"}
                          2019-04-11T18:59:45+01:00 @@ PackagerService.js @@ info @@ [PackagerService.js - updateGuides] Error on __updateGuides Failed to copy update to primary installation
                          2019-04-11T18:59:45+01:00 @@ PackagerService.js @@ error @@ Failed to copy update to primary installation
                          2019-04-11T19:00:13+01:00 @@ main.js @@ info @@ Checking for update
                          2019-04-11T19:00:13+01:00 @@ main.js @@ info @@ [AutoUpdater] - checking-for-update
                          2019-04-11T19:00:13+01:00 @@ main.js @@ info @@ Staging percentage: 1, percentage: 0.2557125900070445, user id: 9a75ff7e-af99-569e-8bb6-00254176615b
                          2019-04-11T19:00:13+01:00 @@ main.js @@ info @@ Update for version 1.0.1 is not available (latest version: 1.0.1, downgrade is disallowed).
                          2019-04-11T19:00:13+01:00 @@ main.js @@ info @@ [AutoUpdater] - update-not-available

Comment

v4.1.12 version from email works fine for me thanks

Comment

why are you making me read a wall of text when i want to play the game wtf is this !!!? i payed money to not have issues !!! day one not good !!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X