Unable to change install location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to change install location

I got a message this morning when starting Zygor that my client was no longer supported and to download the new one, I downloaded the installer and ran it and it automatically installs to my user appdata folder, this is not where I would like it installed but I have no option on where to install the client. Is there another way to install that will let me change the location?

At this time there is no way to download the Zygor Client to a different location than AppData, it's designed like that for quick and easy installation. If we receive enough request from the community for a change of directories we would consider adding that feature.

Comment

I have WOW installed on an external SSD so that I can run it on other computers when I am not at home, there is no way to put Zygor on the external?

Comment

Originally posted by sylarage View Post
        I have WOW installed on an external SSD so that I can run it on other computers when I am not at home, there is no way to put Zygor on the external?
        Not in its current state. There are 2 restrictions.
        1) The install location currently is fixed to be your Local AppData folder.
        2) The stored preferences, and other caching files used by the client are automatically placed in the Roaming AppData folder.

For now, I would just toss a copy of the client's installer on your external and install it on any computer you play on that doesn't already have it.

Comment

Working...
        X