Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tool detects Zygor as Antimalware

Hello,

I tried to install a Zygor client on my computer that have the Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tool installed. It installs everything but the exe file which when i check the Bitdefender logs:

Antimalware:
    Advanced Threat Control has blocked a process that has been detected as malicious. Process path: C:\Users\---\AppData\Local\Zygor\Zygor.exe

I can not pause the defender for the installation because the computer is on a domainnetwork.

Uninstall the client through the control panel.

Navigate to C:/Users/<YOUR_USERNAME>/AppData/Local
    Is there a folder named "Zygor"? If there is, delete it.

Navigate to C:/Users/<YOUR_USERNAME>/AppData/Roaming
    Is there a folder named "Zygor"? If there is, delete it.

Restart your computer.

Download a fresh installer from this url: https://zygorguides.com/client/releases/zygor_setup_win
    Run the installer.

Report back and let's see if that solved your issue.

Comment

It did not, tried a few times.

Comment

Okay, you will need to whitelist up via the Bitdefender software and attempt the download again.

Comment

If whitelisting locally is not a possibility like you're making it sound like, we will have to reach out to BitDefender in order to get our application whitelisted on their end. Our software is signed, so it shouldn't be too difficult of a task, but it will take some time.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Dev 6 View Post
            If whitelisting locally is not a possibility like you're making it sound like, we will have to reach out to BitDefender in order to get our application whitelisted on their end. Our software is signed, so it shouldn't be too difficult of a task, but it will take some time.
            Thank you, like you said. My computer is on a domain network so i cant whitelist it myself. Thank you for contacting BitDefender.

Comment

Working...
            X