This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZG Support 1 View Post
    What guide version do you have installed and are you playing on US or EU server?
    Zygor_4.2.14.AppImage - US
    The EU shadowlands isnt up yet?
    Slackware64-current+multilib , kernel 5.4.70, NVidia GTX 1050Ti

Zygor lost its bearings in the course of the time I waited on the patch to complete so nothing changed on my system.

Comment

ok my EU client is finally up and Zygor seems to work although I get the following on game start.
      Error during initialization sequence 'WorldQuests':
      Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Functions.lua:1 79: Attempt to register unknown event "SUPER_TRACKED_QUEST_CHANGED"
      -- STACKTRACE: --
      [string "=[C]"]: in function `?'
      [string "@[ZGV]\Functions.lua"]:179: in function `RegisterEvent'
      [string "@[ZGV]\WorldQuests.lua"]:213: in function `Startup'
      [string "@[ZGV]\WorldQuests.lua"]:1416: in function `func'
      [string "@[ZGV]\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua"]:647: in function <[ZGV]\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:647>

Comment

Ok finally...
        Both US and EU clients work now, despite the error reports above.
        The minimap icon has somehow restored. & I feel I am all OK.

Comment

The error is most likely an addon conflict. Try disabling all other addons to see if the error is there when only Zygor is running.
          Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
          http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Thanks, I was having issues with the Windows version under wine working perfectly. With the AppImage, things are now perfect. Thanks again!

Comment

I want to mention one thing. I got a lot of errors from it. It turned out I had to run as root ("sudo") because it wanted to update and I had installed it in /usr/local/bin/. So if you get errors try running as root.

Comment

Linux appimage updates all of the guides, but seems to have trouble updating the gold trend data, because each time it updates the process appears to complete , but displays N/A in the WoW Gold Trend Data, under installed, and apart from that the updater works fine for me on linux mint 20.03 and debian 11

Comment

Zygor 4.3.17.AppImage doesn't appear to work, under Ubuntu 22.04 xorg due to compositor error I have listed below;

Zygor Client production.ts starting up.
                  Zygor Client production.ts awaiting app ready.
                  app.on(ready): Ready to start.
                  Need to gzip existingFiles: []
                  (electron) 'getName function' is deprecated and will be removed. Please use 'name property' instead.
                  [32111:0530/221136.498549:FATAL:gpu_data_manager_impl_private. cc(986)] The display compositor is frequently crashing. Goodbye.
                  Failed to get crash dump id.
                  Report Id: {"success":1}

Report Id: {"success":1}

I am currently running an msi 1060 6gb on the nvidia-driver-470 driver , due to the nvidia-driver-510 driver, not loading properly or vanishing in the nvidia server settings

However, the zygor windows application works for me under WINE Staging 7.9, provided the world of warcraft directory has been added through winecfg/wine configuration as a seperate drive. Because if the world of warcraft directory is not added as a seperate drive under winecfg/wine configuration, then the zygor guides windows application, will say it cannot write the update file to the destination.

-----

Edit

I found the following command works for me to launch zygor.exe through wine in the terminal,

wine ~/.wine/drive_c/users/mypc1/AppData/Local/Zygor/Zygor.exe

This other command also works, provided the zygor folder has been put inside the world of warcraft directory, that is attached to a drive letter through winecfg/wine configuration,

wine D:/Zygor/Zygor.exe

While both of these work for me through the command line , I have not been able to get them to work through arcmenu thus far.

---

2nd Edit

Just had a breakthrough

If the folllowing are added to the end of the , /etc/bash.bashrc , file using nano/gedit/xed or another command line/gui based text editor,

alias zygor='wine D:/Zygor/Zygor.exe'
                  alias zygors='wine ~/.wine/drive_c/users/mypc1/AppData/Local/Zygor/Zygor.exe'

---

3rd Edit

Had another breakthrough

If the following is added, to the box in the same row as command in arc menu,

gnome-terminal -- wine D:/Zygor/Zygor.exe

Zygor.exe can be launched from arcmenu with a shortcut, for me, although this opens a terminal window, at the same time as Zygor.exe.

Last edited by gentl3m1st; May 30, 2022, 05:20 PM.

Comment

It doesnt look like the person who was creating the app images is still active on Zygor unfortunately.
                    My alternative has been to run both wow, and Zygor in Bottles.

Comment

The client download is returning 404 again.

Comment

The linux client found in this thread is not an official client. The person who created the linux client (who is no longer with our company) did so as a personal project and maintained it in his own time. It has not been updated in a long time and most likely will not work anymore.
                        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
                        X