Trend Data Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trend Data Issues

Hello. I'm not personally using the Auction or Zygor Tooltips, so I don't need the trend data. I have ticked off "Automatically import the realms I play on" and it stays ticked off, but it still adds the realms I play on. When I go into Updates and tick off Auction Trend Data, it does remove the Trend Data from updating but when I restart it's ticked in and automatically updates it again.

Originally posted by SomaTGW View Post
    Hello. I'm not personally using the Auction or Zygor Tooltips, so I don't need the trend data. I have ticked off "Automatically import the realms I play on" and it stays ticked off, but it still adds the realms I play on. When I go into Updates and tick off Auction Trend Data, it does remove the Trend Data from updating but when I restart it's ticked in and automatically updates it again.
    I'm not able to reproduce the issue with it automatically importing realms when you have "Automatically" checked off. When I uncheck it and run "check for updates", the list of realms remains blank, even after a restart. Can you walk me through the exact process and realms appearing in your list that you're able to repeat to get this issue?

I was able to reproduce the issue of the Trend Data reappearing on the product download screen, so we will look into fixing this.
    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
      I'm not able to reproduce the issue with it automatically importing realms when you have "Automatically" checked off. When I uncheck it and run "check for updates", the list of realms remains blank, even after a restart. Can you walk me through the exact process and realms appearing in your list that you're able to repeat to get this issue?

I was able to reproduce the issue of the Trend Data reappearing on the product download screen, so we will look into fixing this.
      The issue with the realms automatically popping up is after I'm playing the game and having logged in on a character I believe. As then the guide notices I have been online on a character on a realm.

Comment

I have the same issue, it just imported all realms I have characters on. I don't think it has anything to do if you have been online on that realm or not since it added all my realms and I haven't been online on any other realm than Hellscream. It seems to be related to when the guides are updated then it seems to overwrite the configuration of the trend data (see screenshots). I have only selected 3 realms to be updated (Aggramar, Hellscream and Terokkar)-

Zygor_190723.png
        Zygor_190731.png

Comment

I made an additional report to bring it back to the teams' attention. Thank you for your report. Look for this to be fixed in an upcoming update.

Comment

This is still a problem and it is quite annoying that it always imports all realms even if I haven't selected import all realms I play on. When will this be fixed?

Comment

Our client programmer is trying to get this fixed but has been having a hard time reproducing the problems in order to spot where it's going wrong. It will be fixed as soon as possible.
              Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
              http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
              http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I need help. On retail, starting yesterday, You are rotating all my realms continuously with data trend. You are acting like a virus slowing down my computer. PLEASE STOP. I no longer even play retail. I came back to WOW for classic. And even with classic, I do not want u to this trend data update. Please, STOP IT!

Comment

The realms it gets data for is setup in the trend data section of the settings for the desktop client. You can access that with the gear icon at the bottom right of the desktop client. You can also go into the Updates section of the desktop client settings and fully disable the trend data updates if you want.

Comment

I am having this issue as well. I used to play on retail and so I have characters on there but now I want to only play on Classic.

I have removed the saurfang data, and unticked the box at the bottom that says "Automatically import the realms I play on" .

TrendData-1.jpg

Every time the guides update FOR RETAIL it keeps on adding back in the Zygor trend data and updating with Saurfang again.

TrendData-2.jpg

See how all is fine until the retail guides update and then it starts downloading the trend data again?

I even UNINSTALLED the gold guide but every update keeps reinstalling it

TrendData-3.jpg

I just want it to stop......
                    Last edited by zordah; November 20, 2019, 02:02 AM.

Comment

OK now I see the "Auction Trend Data" in the updates section and have unticked that. I hope that finally nails it for good.
                      I still consider the above to be a bug however as it keeps on adding back in Saurfang realm when I havent logged into WoW retail for many months now.

Comment

So I also noticed a problem persisting the "Enable updates for the following:" checkboxes under Updates. If I unchecked Auction Trend Data or World of Warcraft (Classic), it would not persist those settings on reload of the client. I tracked it down to some missing entries in the Settings file. To fix, open up the Settings file in %APPDATA%\Zygor\ (%APPDATA% should be something like C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\). This is a JSON document, so be careful, but look for the "products":{"wow":{"isEnabled":true}}, and replace it with "products":{"wow":{"isEnabled":true},"wow-classic":{"isEnabled":true},"wow-gold":{"isEnabled":false}}, Now when I make changes to those settings in the Zygor client, they are persisted between reloads.

Comment

After unticking "Auction Trend Data" it has now rechecked itself and AGAIN loaded Saurfang gold data even though
                          1) I haven't played on Saurfang for MONTHS
                          2) Enable updates for World of Warcraft is unticked (only Classic is ticked)
                          3) Automatically import the realms I play on is NOT ticked

Comment

We're checking into it. My client did this as well so that gives us a place to work from for debugging the issue.

Comment

This didn't get fixed, because I'm having that same issue. I log out of the game and it keeps popping up automatically. And it won't stop unless I close Zygors in the task manager.

Comment

Working...
                              X