OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Classic Zygor is a little disappointing.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not mad, just a bit frustrated. I expected more based on my past experiences with Zygor guides.

I'll be honest, I resubscribed just for this and I'm disappointed. I'm playing Horde side, and as stated above you can't pick the guide up cleanly at any point. I resubscribed and tried to pick the guide up at level 18, and it didn't work at all. I grinded up to 20, and then started the guide again there ... but it's also broken. The travel requests/suggestions make little sense, nor does the level requirements. The guide told me to grind to 23, then sent me on quests I could have done at level 19 and 20.

I understand the limitations of the classic client, but I thought the leveling guide did as well.

As far as future patches/limitations, I'd rather the client just tell me to grind or suggest running five-man instances. I'm hoping it gets better at 25 as most folks here suggest. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by vlalkor View Post
      right now its not fast at all. people without guides are going faster.
      This is my experience.

I bought the guide for "fast" leveling. Not necessarily the fastest but fast. I enjoy doing quests but I can't understand the logic of doing collection quests that take FOREVER and not in a good way (not enough mobs so the exp is horrible. Just for spite I spent an ungodly amount of hours farming the Westfall collection stuff and didn't get a level from it.

My real question is why are SO many quests never done? Were they researched and tested and found to have poor experience? Is travelling between zones faster leveling? If not then there's no reason to do it.

To me if feels a bit like there's no solid math behind this. Maybe I'm wrong... it's been 15 years since I played Vanilla, but the lack of picking up kill quests and leaving them behind makes zero sense to me. Hogger and board quests are a great example of this.

Note: Let me say though that I am enjoying the guide. I think it's fantastically helpful for "guidance" for sure. Well worth the money imo. That said I think it could have been better. I'm not the expert for sure but just a gut feeling.
      Last edited by SantiagoDraco; September 1, 2019, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Here are my two cents.

First of all I would also like to state that I am not very satisfied with the quality of the Zygor's WoW Classic Leveling Guide. Here are my reasons:

1) We need to be able to break down the quests by zone, not by level range. I understand WoW Classic does not make this easy to accomplish but I feel for the end user to truly enjoy Zygor's this needs to be accomplished.
        2) There has to be a better means of verifying that prerequisite quests have fulfilled before sending players off to another continent only to find out that the NPC does not offer the quest needing to be accepted.
        3) Bouncing between zones in the manner that the current Zygor's Classic guide is telling us to is not how Classic WoW is intended to be played. I read that you guys are concerned that telling the end user to grind for X amount of levels did not feel good for a paid guide. However, Vanilla WoW was built this way and often times players did exactly that. My friends who also bought the guide alongside with me were shocked when, on the alliance side, we had to visit Darkshore or Ashenvale for the 5th time! "Ashenvale again?! We were just there!" It was not a very satisfying experience.
        4) Lastly, for PvP servers, often times guiding us to the heart of the opposing faction's questing hub does not result in a smooth leveling experience. Farming Satyr horns in Ashenvale definitely felt this way. Alternative suggestions, like on your Zygor's retail version should pop up at this point saying "This is a contested zone with a high congestion of potential enemy players. Consider grinding here or proceeding to this zone/dungeon to bypass this portion of the guide."

I have decided that, while I am a long time Zygors fan and supported, I will not be continuing my subscription until some more time has passed and you guys have a chance to catch up on what is needed. I think there simply needs to be more time to thoroughly polish the guide as it stands.

Thank you for listening.

Comment

I was a thousand needles, a new area without even doing a quest, I activated the zygor guide, he sent me to do 2 quest and then he tells me to go to Ashenvale that in fact it is quite far for 1 quest probably then he will tell me to come back ... It is totally inefficient, what most people want here is to reach an area and do many quests and then continue, not to be walking all day, currently without this guide it goes faster. I know that it is not oriented to go fast but neither should I delay you so much. I only paid the subscription for classic since I do not play retail and the truth is that not only that I am not satisfied but that I stayed behind to keep trying to make it work

Comment

deleted my post because i said joana's guide is way more effiecient ?

this guide has me barrens to undercity back and forth questing this is awful

Comment

I did not personally touch your post (don't think I even saw your post), however we would not delete a post if you simply said Joana's was more efficient. The only time a post is modified or deleted is if you are verbally attacking another customer or one of the Zygor staff members.
              Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
              http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
              http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

"a little" disappointing....i call it a big dissapointment. I dont see any advantage in constantly traveling between Kalimdor and Azeroth and collecting quests u complete in 2 hours. Why dont u just use ur old guides for every zone, the ones who ping if u outleveled a zone. They were perfect for classic and even for retail before they introduced the level scaling. Ur actual classic guide is no even useful in getting every quest, because it ignores elite quests. To be honest, ur classic guide sucks.
                Last edited by carschti; September 2, 2019, 04:29 PM.

Comment

1-20 is a bit disappointing for Horde, for sure. And if you want to tell others, he could use the Retail Quests, its not working. Classic a complete new Game compared to Retail. You get less EXP from Quests and Monsters. Sometimes you can be faster killing them, than doing Quests. Some Quests rewarding us with 1000EXP and a Monster kill gives you 80EXP. Classic is hard. And if you ask the most of your friends, how they got ahead of you its maybe because they did more dungeons overall. If the EXP would be same, for example, the difference would be the same. In Retail you can pull 5 Monsters, killing them easily. Classic, two are to much sometimes (depends on the Class you're playing). The guide is not perfect, its early into the Classic advanture. Give him some time to improve it.

Comment

Originally posted by carschti View Post
                    "a little" disappointing....i call it a big dissapointment. I dont see any advantage in constantly traveling between Kalimdor and Azeroth and collecting quests u complete in 2 hours. Why dont u just use ur old guides for every zone, the ones who ping if u outleveled a zone. They were perfect for classic and even for retail before they introduced the level scaling. Ur actual classic guide is no even useful in getting every quest, because it ignores elite quests. To be honest, ur classic guide sucks.
                    Just to be clear, we almost never had you do elite quests in our original vanilla guides, so that's not a new change. Our guides have always been designed for solo questing, so we didn't include elite quests unless we were very confident it could be completed solo.
                    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                    http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

The retail guide is still good, but the classic guide is terrible. It just sent me from crossroads on a half hour run to stonetalon to hand in 1 breadcrumb quest, then ignore all the quests there and run back to crossroad then fly to camp T, hand in 1 quest and ignore the bunch there, then fly back to org.

It's like this throughout the whole guide, so disorganised and inefficient.

Comment

I paid the monthly price believing zygor was still the best, also in classic.
                        But i have to say im disappointed. many of the addons features i really like tho, but it sends me to weird distant locations to complete a few quests, and tell me to grind mobs to reach next level, just to send be back to the place i came from. I understand that classic isnt as streamlined as retail.
                        But sending a lvl 27 to ashenvale, to complete 3 green quest, about killing grey mobs, and then telling me to grind to 28, in a place where only 1/4 mobs actually grant xp, seems very odd to me.

Comment

Yeah I hate to say it, but the Alliance version is just as bad as Horde. Especially 10-20 it felt like, going to darkshore, do a couple stuff, go back to EK to westfall do some stuff there, go back to darkshore, do some stuff, go to loch modan, do some stuff. Just tons of traveling which I understand is part of classic but it feels like a waste to see yellow quests go to green and then grey.

I think I prefer what other people are saying and just having "zone" guides instead of the leveling number ones.
                          If exp is a issue and we have to grind to meet the requirement to stay in one zone, I would rather the guide point me to a good grinding spot and gladly grind than to travel so far so often. Or even recommend a dungeon to grind for awhile.

Currently at 28, its having me do grey and green quests in wetlands, as yellow quests in Redridge and hillsbrad rot away. My level 22 friend asked me why im doing the same quests as him at 28 and I honestly could not give him a good answer.

That being said I love retail zygor, pretty much flawless, but classic leaves something to be desired.
                          Last edited by bejazzled; September 3, 2019, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
                            We've never been about being the "fastest" guide. We aim to be a fast guide while being fun and enjoyable. Fastest would mean you need to be playing only as select classes (because some classes level faster than others), don't loot non-quest related items, die on purpose at certain times, avoid professions while leveling (leaving no gold for spells/mounts), ect., and yes, grind endlessly, all things that take away from the enjoyment of the game.
                            I remember when Zygor was just starting to get big in Lich King. They sure did Claim to be the "fastest" guild to get to max level with. Not sure what happened, but it sounds like that was just an advertisement gimich to me.

Comment

I started Zygor when I was lvl 28, and it had me run around Ashenvale for hours doing stuff I didn't have the prequests for (excusable, but should still have an option to tell me that), and basically let me run left for 5 minutes, kill a few mobs, then run right for 5 minutes, turn in a quest, then back again... Ashenvale in general is a terrible region to quest in but this could have gone a lot more efficient.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
                                Just to be clear, we almost never had you do elite quests in our original vanilla guides, so that's not a new change. Our guides have always been designed for solo questing, so we didn't include elite quests unless we were very confident it could be completed solo.
                                That was not the main point of my critics for the "new" guide...then if u want to point out, why ur guide ignores some quest, please tell me, why ur guide ignores Captain Sanders Quest Chain in Westfall? Because the Quest Items drops from enemies?
                                Why does the guide ignores the "Kill Princess" quest in Elwynn? No elite Quest, just hard to do solo, but to be honest, there is always enough "live" in starter areas to find a group for Princess or Hogger.
                                Last edited by carschti; September 3, 2019, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X