OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Classic Zygor is a little disappointing.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classic Zygor is a little disappointing.

Currently 24 orc

• Being forced to hoard quests. My quest log is constantly full.
    • Why are we going to silverpine to do 2 quests only to be told to go to crossroads 10 steps later ?
    • Forced to hoard quest items of completed quests, lowering bag space even more.
    • Holding onto quests for so long and i've already had instances where my quests go grey.

• The constant flying between zones to hand in or do 1-2 quests only to return to the previous zone doesn't make sense.

This is a really annoying one, im speaking only from my perspective - but keep encountering steps where i have to leave the barrens to go to silverpine, do 1-2 quests there and then im told to go back to barrens.

While i appreciate the effort thus far, this is strictly feedback. It seems SO FAR a lot of the guide was designed without consideration of the drawbacks of classic. Bag space, travel time/cost, limited quest log, how grindy certain quests are...

9/1/2019 Edit

I initially made this thread to give feedback on the 10-20 level range of the guide as i found it spent too much time traveling when it was not needed.

Currently level 44 and i think the rest of the guide is fine so far. Some of the responses in this thread are pretty uncalled for, half you saying you subscribe so the guide should be flawless. First and foremost the guide is really affordable for what you're getting.

But that being said i think people are trying to compare the retail version of zygor and world of warcraft to that of classic zygor/wow. The leveling process is completely different. The main difference obviously is how much longer it takes to level, but also how zones are made in classic.

In retail WoW at level 30 you can go to STV, do the first 1 or 2 quest hub and hit level 33 easily. In classic wow you go to stv, do the first 1-2 quest hubs, and barely get enough for 1 level. You have to move from zone to zone to facilitate leveling. If you expect to go to a level 30-35 zone and get 5 levels after "finishing the zone" you're going to be disappointed.

I am currently leveling with a friend who rolled a priest and he's about 2 levels ahead of me, he doesn't use zygor and even he says the spends a lot of time bouncing from one zone to another. So if you feel zygor is giving you a sub-optimal guide past level 25, id say you're wrong.
    Last edited by sup3rvillain; September 1, 2019, 02:57 PM.

I agree, not worth the money

Comment

We appreciate the feedback and will take these things into consideration to improve the guides. Few things to note:

1. The Barrens does not have enough quests to level without grinding. This is a design limitation of the game, not the guides. So we had to decide what to do there, and we felt telling people "now grind to the next level" constantly for huge chunks of the XP bar in a paid for guide wasn't satisfying. So we opted to send players somewhere they could get more quests. Just to weigh options, how would you feel if instead of sending you to these places the guide presented you with the option to either grind out the rest of the level or travel somewhere else to do a few more quests before coming back?

2. Our guides have never told people when to drop quests or delete items from their bags. Not saying that's not a good suggestion, just explaining why at least in the day one version of the guides they do not do that.

3. Each of the guides are much longer than on retail. Sometimes you don't turn in a quest until the next level range. Hoarding quests forever though, or long enough that they become gray might not be intended and we will investigate this.
      Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Hi there,.. I know you might of seen maybe my other posts.. But zygor ignored that i had about 7 yellow quests in barrens and had me go through silverpine and other stuff and also had me grind 17 to 18 without even doing those barrens quests. About half of them left,.. and still not instructing me to do them.. Had to stop because literally it was taking me nasty places... Will try 20+ though.

Comment

Im lvl 27 now and this is by far the worst guide i have ever seen. Just a few examples:

WAY too much traveling. Sometimes you do one quest and than fly to a complete different zone
          WAY too much grinding, and yes, i allways kill mobs when running to next quests
          Very bad use of soulstone
          Mobs are very often 3+ lvl lower than you

Comment

Originally posted by Nitrodar View Post
            Mobs are very often 3+ lvl lower than you
            This is the same issue i am seeing. I was hoping it got better once i jumped to the 25-30 guide

Comment

On the Horde, there is a drought of quests in the late 20's and early 30's, which would require you to grind a LOT in those levels to prevent enemies from being too high level for most classes to comfortably handle without excessive eating/drinking. We added a lot more quests in the earlier levels to get you to a higher level before that drought happens, so that it's not a sudden jump in difficulty and grinding. Once you get to that level range, there's a lot less back and forth between zones like there is in the lower levels.

The decision we had to make is a choice between 2 imperfect options:
              1. Additional travel times with more questing, to reduce the amount of mindless long grind sessions to account for the later drought in quests.
              2. Have longer grind sessions built into the guide.

Neither of these options are perfect, and won't feel great to all people. So we had to choose what we thought would feel best for most classes in the game, and most players, when most people do not enjoy grinding on mobs for really long amounts of time.

Maybe we should do a poll to see what people would prefer to do. Little amounts of traveling in lower levels, or long grinding sessions throughout the guide?
              Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
              http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
              http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Thinking about disabling zygor, think ill use quest helper. It's sucking the fun out of the game for me with how poorly optimized it is..

Im level 24.5 and zygor introduced me to ashenvale from north barrens. Made me go to ashenvale despite having a bunch of yellow and green quests in barrens, stonetalon, and silverpine.

I go to ashenvale it tells me to pick up a flight path, next step? Walk all the way to the other side of ashenvale to get another flight path. I get to the Zoram outpost thinking ill have a few quests to do here. Nope. I do one quest and it tells me to go back to crossroads so i can fly to stonetalon.

Like what was the point of that? Why waste 30 minutes of my time going to get 2 flight paths on the opposite side of the map of each other, to tell me to do one quest, only to tell me to go back to the barrens which i left to go to ashenvale?

Why didn't i just turn in the stonetalon quest when i was in stonetalon. What was the point of going to two different zones only to come back and turn it in? I'm going to go broke on flight cost at this rate.

You keep saying horde doesn't have enough quests, but my quest log is filled with completed and non-completed yellow and soon-to-be green quests.

I'm sorry for coming off rude, but it's pretty clear there was next to do optimization of this guide.

Edit: I just got to stonetalon to turn in the quest, want to know the next step? Fly back to the barrens to turn in another quest. Want to know where i just was before being told to come to stonetalon, the barrens...
                Last edited by sup3rvillain; August 28, 2019, 08:56 PM.

Comment

So the 25-30 guide seems to be a lot better than the early guides as far as travel and levels. I'm about 90% through this one and no real issues.

Comment

Originally posted by kevuhn24x View Post
                    So the 25-30 guide seems to be a lot better than the early guides as far as travel and levels. I'm about 90% through this one and no real issues.
                    Awesome, that's good to hear! So then our question becomes, getting to the 25-30 guide, would you have rather grinded for long periods of time, versus traveling back and forth to Silverpine/Barrens?

Here is the problem. On the Alliance side, they have 3 zones in the level 12-20 range - Westfall, Loch Modan, and Darkshore. It's doable to hit all 3 to do some quests, and it feels good overall.

But the Horde, they only have 2 zones in the 12-20 range - The Barrens and Silverpine Forest. These zones are very far away from each other, but if you don't hit both for quests, you're left with only 1 Horde zone in the 12-20 range, versus the Alliance's 3 zones. Just having 2 zones instead of 3 is already less quests to do in that level range. If we cut out Silverpine entirely, then it's even worse with only 1 zone, and you're forced into long grinding sessions to make up for the lack of quests.

Comment

So, I'm also in the 25 to 30 guide. I actually skipped all the traveling because I would look at the next step of the quest, figure that it was sending me across the world, and just keep grinding level appropriate things. I use it as a guide, not as an absolute path to take.

And I like grinding, it's relaxing, so I fall on the "grinding good" side.

Comment

I'm lvl 17 on my dwarf priest and only just bought this guide.
                        Just like the poster above me, shard, I use it as a guide (that's a work in progress) and not an ultimate, absolute, perfect leveling path.

Granted my experience with this guide is still limited but so far so good
                        It directed me to move from human lands to the nelfs area and that zone is much less crowded then the one I was in.

And grinding is pretty much a given in classic. You can't avoid it. Plus I like to mindlessly grind mobs now and then. It's relaxing.

Keep up the good work, Zygor! I hope you and your team will continue to improve this one like you do in retail

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
                          So then our question becomes, getting to the 25-30 guide, would you have rather grinded for long periods of time, versus traveling back and forth to Silverpine/Barrens?
                          I would rather grind than spend a bunch of time getting 0 things accomplished.

Comment

Originally posted by kevuhn24x View Post
                            I would rather grind than spend a bunch of time getting 0 things accomplished.

Fair point. We're going to be monitoring people's thoughts about this closely, and making changes to the guides if it seems the majority of people agree.

Comment

Pretty frustrated with the 1-20 experience as a dwarf. The defias questline in particular seems like it's over leveling me for everything. I'm level 21 and it has me going back to darkshore before completing the the defias storyline... Then there was the time I got to redridge and it had me grinding level 15-16 mobs to level 19 before entering town. Is zygor just trying to make everything easier with these level reqs to continue or does the guide have the wrong level values for stuff? If it's trying to make things easier for me then perhaps a difficulty slider?

Comment

Working...
                              X