OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Classic Zygor is a little disappointing.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The biggest problem im running into, and its not the travel time. that was going to be a given when it came to wow classic. It was back in the day it will be now. But the guide will send me to places to hand in quests or pick up quests. like i just had one 2 minutes ago with a whole quest chain for 5-6 quests and i couldnt pick up the first one because it doesnt exist ? this isnt the firs occurance of this happening either

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
      No, for now, just skip grind steps entirely, and only grind (or run dungeons) if you start feeling things becoming too difficult. We will have the guides entirely reworked to feel better within the next 1.5 weeks or so.
      Thank You!!! I knew you guys wouldn't leave us hanging like that and since we are here now make it so good that everybody subs that will be millions !!!
      Last edited by kavuteri; September 5, 2019, 04:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Globex_Corporation View Post
        The biggest problem im running into, and its not the travel time. that was going to be a given when it came to wow classic. It was back in the day it will be now. But the guide will send me to places to hand in quests or pick up quests. like i just had one 2 minutes ago with a whole quest chain for 5-6 quests and i couldnt pick up the first one because it doesnt exist ? this isnt the firs occurance of this happening either
        It sounds like you maybe skipped some things in the guide, or jumped in with your character, without following the guide from the start. If that's the case, just continuing following the guide, skipping anything you find that you can't do. Eventually, you'll get in sync and it should be smooth from then on, as long as you don't skip anything else.

Originally posted by kidvicious View Post
        please don't ruin them too much, the fact that the guides make it so i don't have to wait for a group is the reason why they work so well for vanilla. You guys do a perfect job of making sure that we can actually solo and do the guide solo with zero issues.

Just worried a rework because of people clearly forgot how vanilla leveling worked would ruin it. So you'll start including quests with named mobs that come with 3-4 ads and we just can't do it solo anymore.

We're basically just removing the back and forth traveling in the 12-25 range, so you'll be roughly 2 levels lower when doing everything in the guide in that guide range, but once you hit the mid 30's, you'll only be roughly 1 level lower than the current guide, and then in the 40's, it should be almost the same as the current guides. So the biggest changes will be in the lower level 12-25 range that everyone is complaining about all of the long traveling.

We still will avoid things that we don't think most players could solo easily, and we are reworking some quests to be done a bit later, to try to make sure players aren't trying to kill enemies 4-5 levels higher than them. Our guides have always been, and always will be, designed for solo play.

If you find some things too difficult in the reworked guides, which will be very close to our original guides from 2007, just run some dungeons, get some gear, and try to get about 2 levels higher than the guides tell you to be. That way, everything will still be just as easy for you as they are now with the currently released Classic guides.
        Last edited by Zygor; September 5, 2019, 06:02 AM.
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

As someone who has been playing since Vanilla and now Classic... I'm insane and enjoy the "complete a zone and quest/grind my way up for XP" gameplay, lol. I enjoy Questing and Leveling the same way people enjoy Raiding and PvP, I don't enjoy those at all, I enjoy leveling and questing and the Roleplay (create and level) my character aspects of the game. So for me, I want to complete all the yellow '!'s in my area before moving on, and if that means I need to kill 20-30 boars/bears for 15 minutes to be able to, I will do just that INSTEAD of running and flying around for 30+ minutes to other zones to get the same XP... well, I will choose grinding and killing mobs for XP & loot/copper 100% of the time.

Just my 2 cents. I know majority of people just want level 60, but I like to level and quest my way there and have a main character and a couple other alternative avatars on back up to level up, ESPECIALLY in classic. Classic/Vanilla, to me, is all about the experience, not the goal (max level) and that's what I would enjoy more out of my Zygor experience.

I'm finding myself using other free questing/location addons in Classic in conjunction with Zygor, which is kinda silly to me. Even in Elwynn forest the guide had me accept quests but not some quests directly next to me? I didn't do them as I'm still on my first avatar and followed the guide 100%, but is that intended?

Comment

Same here.
            I am level 22, i am doing quests in Barrens.. but last 2 levels Zygor is useles for me, because it showing me to go to Silverpine and then to Tarren Mills.
            And I have no way to force him to understand that I want do Barrens - Stonetalons/Thousand needless line..

Also no craft guide......

Comment

I've also had a very bad experiance using this guide.
              It's not just the way to often grind to lvl xy, also there are gaps and an error on alliance side there it tells you reach lvl 40 beside there are still 57 steps left.
              The quality of the guide can sadly not even described as beta its more of a scam, after all it's a payed product (subscribtion based lol but that's another story).
              If it would be some kind of serious company behind this, there would be a offer to refund or at least x Months of free bonus time, but honestly keep your free time its too late now anyway

Comment

So, I was able to get into a dungeon AOE Grind group and gained about 10 levels, when trying to pick up the guide afterwards its virtually impossible. I selected my level range and none of the quests it tells me to get are available nor does it say where to get the pre-req quests... so my conclusion is, if you dont follow the guide and only the guide youre going to get lost/ stuck... There has to be an option for people like me who do dungeon runs and want to pick back up the questing.

Comment

Originally posted by vlalkor View Post
                  So, I was able to get into a dungeon AOE Grind group and gained about 10 levels, when trying to pick up the guide afterwards its virtually impossible. I selected my level range and none of the quests it tells me to get are available nor does it say where to get the pre-req quests... so my conclusion is, if you dont follow the guide and only the guide youre going to get lost/ stuck... There has to be an option for people like me who do dungeon runs and want to pick back up the questing.
                  Your best bet is to find the "Reach Level X" step that is 2 levels lower than your current level, then start following the guide. As you run into things you can't do, just skip them and keep going. You will eventually get back in sync with the guide.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
                    Your best bet is to find the "Reach Level X" step that is 2 levels lower than your current level, then start following the guide. As you run into things you can't do, just skip them and keep going. You will eventually get back in sync with the guide.
                    I will try this the next time I log in, Thanks.

Comment

Super dissapointed constantly takes on max quests all over the place without finishing them till later and bags are full.. now it has me questing in horde territory for some reason when i have tons of quests to finish and I haven't even done any of the priest class quests.. better off not using this guide wish I had read the forums first.

Comment

Also agreed. I used Zygor years ago and loved it. Not really finding it worth $8 a month at this point. Not to mention there is 0 optimization or concern for PVP servers. Ashenvale and Stonetalon are a constant corpse camping areas. Quest log is always full. Carrying too many quest items I don't even need yet. Arrow gets stuck constantly and doesn't update even if I "update path".

Using one of the very popular free questing addons seems better at this point.

Comment

Why is it that halfway through a zone the guide will tell me I'm completed...WHEN I STILL HAVE QUESTS in the zone the guide told me to pick up? At that point nothing works in that area. THIS IS WHY I HAVE UNSUBSCRIBED. If you tell me how to fix this then I'll probably sign up again (Been a customer for what at least a year!)

Comment

Quests are not always accepted, completed, and turned in all in the same guide. Sometimes it makes more sense, and is more efficient, to go do other things first. Classic is different than retail in this way, where retail is extremely linear compared to Classic. So if your only experience with the guides is with retail, you will find it odd initially, but if you ran around turning in quests everywhere before leaving a zone, you will be adding a LOT of travel time to your leveling route. This is mostly due to there being way less flight paths in Classic versus retail, where you have flight paths conveniently located every few hundred yards or so.

Comment

Tbh I don't think that's a great argument, whats so efficient about completing a quest, then losing the direction arrow? Or maybe doing a few more Q's in that area that may give you good loot while levelling? As it stands I have your addon and another just so I can do both. Well I may as well remove yours and stick with the free one.

Comment

What you're saying isn't making much sense to me, can you explain more about exactly what you're having trouble with? Losing the direction arrow?

Comment

Working...
                                X