OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Classic Zygor is a little disappointing.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A problem I've run into is I'll "complete" a guide, and accept the next one, and I click to abandon irrelevant quests, and it asks me to abandon a quest that's completed, I'm assuming just because it's not on the new guide?
    I've also still got wastewander water pouches the guide told me to collect awhile ago, and I have no idea if they're just taking up bag space, or if I'm still supposed to be holding on to them, same with a hippogryph egg and some long elegant feathers.

I feel like I'll sit and waste a ton of time making sure I complete all the steps (full realms can make any quest not worth the time), because I feel like if I get out of sync with the guide I end up mass skipping quest chains and wasting a ton of time. I don't really have a good solution, but I just feel like things could be structured better. I'm not trying to get any world 1st level 60 races done, I just really like the guidance and never been lost or wondering where I should be trying to level.

Comment

If you only accept quests that the guide tells you to accept and follow the guide there is no need to use the quest log clean up tool. A lot of the time you will pick up quests in one guide and complete them in another guide.
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Sure, I mean that I'll be halfway throught the zone, reach the next level then the guide will lock and say you need to move onto the next area and the direction arrow (navigation arrow) will point me to that next area (Hearth or w/e) yet presumably if I hadn't dinged the guide viewer would still have navigated me round that current zone. Rather than overriding that and telling me to move onto the next. That's what's annoying here, I should be able to decide to stay in that zone if I want to and the guide should facilitate that. Perhaps I'm missing something.

Comment

As a long-time Zygor member I was extremely happy when a classic guide was announced. Since the release, there have been some good points and some not so good points. The fact that the guides didn't direct me to elite quests and dungeon quests was beneficial as I was solo for most of the time. however apart from the starter zone, I do not think I have actually 'completed' a zone, the guide moves us on before we complete some quests, leaving my quest log full and my inventory cluttered with leftover quest items. I made the mistake at one stage of abandoning some grey quests and then a time later was told to hand them in. This caused me to Wowhead the quest again, travel to the quest giver and then return. The reason I felt compelled to do this was because Zygor guides historically ask things that I deem strange only for that to fall into place later. I didn't want to go further into the guide and realise that I cannot complete the chains. Also as there are no class quest guides or dungeon guide I feel that although I am levelling I am missing out on things that I will have to go back and do them. Also, some of the guides that are (23-23) for example appear worthless unless I have missed something. My guild is using Dugiguides and appears to be having a better time however I will see what happens before leaving zygor for another guide. I have given up playing Retail so I no longer use retail Zygor but the retail guide were much more contained but I believe that is the nature of retail rather than classic.

Comment

For me the addon is amazing , mostly cause i make my ow custom guides or take guides from retail that work in classic and edit them or adjust them myself, I would love to see zygor add custom guides and allow us all to share our own guides or have a section o forum for premium custom guides sorta like how premium minecraft plugins , the community can make some things if there encouraged to.

Comment

Originally posted by advocaite View Post
              For me the addon is amazing , mostly cause i make my ow custom guides or take guides from retail that work in classic and edit them or adjust them myself, I would love to see zygor add custom guides and allow us all to share our own guides or have a section o forum for premium custom guides sorta like how premium minecraft plugins , the community can make some things if there encouraged to.
              I agree there should be a area where users can release there own guides made with zygor for other users to use

Comment

I'm pretty upset with the quality of these guides. More times than not it's "Grind until lvl X". I paid for this because I know how amazing it was for retail. :/ Guess I jumped the gun too quickly for this. I don't play retail so the value for the quality of just classic "guides" just isn't there

Comment

You should be grinding on your way to objectives in classic, there are not enough quests to supply you with exp to level up for the next zone without grinding.

Comment

Because of the negative takes on the guides I just wanted to reiterate here how glad I am to have the current guides just as they are. It is a day and night difference in the leveling experience. I played in the beta and quest leveling was painful. It was REALLY painful. With Zygor I have exactly the help I need. In the old days I would constantly be alt-tabbing to thottbot, then wowhead for help in terms of locations and steps and what to actually do. It's much more preferable to have that external assistance made internal, ingame.

Zygor is not perfect, never has been. But they are constantly improving an already excellent product. Thank you Zygor for all you do. It is much appreciated out here in end-user land.

Comment

Closing this thread as the comments within were about the guides before the Efficiency Update which has now been released and has addressed these concerns.
                      Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Working...
                      X