OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Classic Zygor is a little disappointing.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I had of burned the 8 dollar instead of subbing to this guide. I remember years ago Zygor's was a great guide. This is absolutely horrible.
    Why all the travelling to pass in one quest? Then back there again after 15-20 minutes of travelling to pass in a quest to a quest giver that you HAD JUST LEFT.
    I would feel better had I of burned the 8 dollars I paid for this mess of a "guide"

Comment

I want both. I want the level to level with no grinding.

I want a speed level option too

I also want AREAS for when I'm a high level coming back I want to smash out entire zones.

Comment

I'm definately a little dissappointed, level 32 to 33 > 40% xp grind then 33 to 34 > 55% xp grind...
        I know its classic, i played freeshards. I'm saying this because i know its possible with alot less grind.
        Anyway, hopefully it improves.

Comment

I cannot believe I was stupid enough to buy into this mess, I plan on spreading the word of this guide's failures as far and as wide as I can.

The travelling alone has made the levels in the early 20s a nightmare for leveling on alliance, where you should be spending <60 minutes per level they have you running for twice that and waiting in line for quests that can only be done one person at time. There were literally 4 quests in a row, back to back to back that were like this. And god forbid you do a dungeon and then suddenly half of the quests they have you do are suddenly grey and giving 200xp per turn in. They then have you spend a ton of time in zoram strand and heavily horde populated zones getting ganked while doing quests near a literal horde flight path. It's like whoever made this guide played on an empty server with fast travel on.

Getting ganked in the zoram strand? Too bad, the next 40 steps are all in ashenvale, and all tied around a single quest chain.
          Last edited by thenatural; August 30, 2019, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by paninii View Post
            I'm definately a little dissappointed, level 32 to 33 > 40% xp grind then 33 to 34 > 55% xp grind...
            I know its classic, i played freeshards. I'm saying this because i know its possible with alot less grind.
            Anyway, hopefully it improves.
            Im sorry, what? you had to grind 40% of level 32? I just finished level 32, and had to grind less than 5%.

edit: well, now I have to agree with you somewhat. 40% xp grind from 33 to 34. Is this intended?

edit 2: I just handed in the mastery quests and went on my way without grinding, hope it works.
            Last edited by jymz; August 30, 2019, 05:42 PM.

Comment

I personally am Ok with a balance between grinding and going to other zones. I just want what is most efficient and fast, without quests going to waste.

In fact, I wish the group quests were included in the guide, or at least an option to enable them if I wish. I would also LOVE it if it recommended certain dungeons and their quests in place of grinding if they have yet to be done.

EDIT: Another thought. I wish it included class quests as well, though I understand that would be more development time for something that may not be worth it. It is just that they are such a huge part of leveling in Classic.
              Last edited by shinzou; August 30, 2019, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jymz View Post
                edit: well, now I have to agree with you somewhat. 40% xp grind from 33 to 34. Is this intended?
                Which faction are you? We are still tweaking the "grind to level" steps as we work through testing the guides on live Classic, so these may be moved around to better spots, if possible.

Originally posted by shinzou View Post
                EDIT: Another thought. I wish it included class quests as well, though I understand that would be more development time for something that may not be worth it. It is just that they are such a huge part of leveling in Classic.
                We actually do include class quests for all classes, but only the important ones that give you some type of ability as a reward, such as the Warlock Voidwalker questline, for example.
                Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I'm alliance. I wrapped up STV, handed in the mastery quests and went off to shimmering flats.

Comment

Okay thanks, we'll look into improving the placement of those grind steps.

Comment

Just a general comment. Putting in breakpoints to suggest seeking out a vendor to empty your bags explicitly in the guide, as well as explicitly sending you to train at a minimum every 3 levels (ideally 2 for comfort) would do a lot to contribute to the cruise control feel of the addon.

Comment

Originally posted by jymz View Post
                        Just a general comment. Putting in breakpoints to suggest seeking out a vendor to empty your bags explicitly in the guide, as well as explicitly sending you to train at a minimum every 3 levels (ideally 2 for comfort) would do a lot to contribute to the cruise control feel of the addon.
                        Thanks for the suggestions. We will be addressing these things in the future, for sure.

Comment

Honest question here for you guys, is it beneficial to do the quests when they are yellow or Green? Currently the guide is having me do green quests instead of yellow ones and by the time i get to the previous yellow ones they are green.

Comment

Yes, green quests are good. They give the same amount of experience as if they were yellow, orange or red, but they are generally easy for your character to complete quickly. In Classic, quests only start to give less experience when they turn grey.

Enemies themselves, green mobs do offer less experience per kill, but you can generally make up for that by being able to kill more of them much faster, and with less downtime of eating/drinking.
                            Last edited by Zygor; August 30, 2019, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
                              Yes, green quests are good. They give the same amount of experience as if they were yellow, orange or red, but they are generally easy for your character to complete quickly. In Classic, quests only start to give less experience when they turn grey.

Enemies themselves, green mobs do offer less experience per kill, but you can generally make up for that by being able to kill more of them much faster, and with less downtime of eating/drinking.
                              Thanks!

Comment

I cant even launch it on wow classic quite frankly installation instuctions are vauge at best once it starts it has no guides inside at all !

Comment

Working...
                                X