Why have you done it this way??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why have you done it this way??

The guide sucks Donkey b*lls... youve done it in a level 1-13 etc sort of way rather than picking an area to quest in and we will show you where stuff is.

Most of the guide has you jumping back and forward to areas that are miles apart... Westfall to Darkshore.. and then back again, was this a 3 am decision???

Oh yeah.. not forgetting the missing quest pickups (Buzzbox's for example) and ones by the same name that your guide has no idea how to handle. *shameful Or telling us to pick up a quest that we can't because we didn't complete something else first????

Do you guys actually play wow?? Have you actually tried to run a level 15 character through STV?? Cause thats what this junk your touting is doing??

You should have never done it this.. for many of us we use your live retail version and choose areas, why would you think we would be happy doing it like this.

You should be ashamed of this! Cause I know your user base is.

I will bring your concerns to the guide writing team, however, a few things I can address now:

Questing in WoW Classic is not as linear or straightforward as Retail. You don’t just go to a zone, do all the quests there, then move to the next zone. There’s no level scaling. Quests have set level ranges within each zone, and sometimes there are big gaps between them. This means options for where you can go are limited, as many quests and enemies in other areas will be too high for you.

There’s only 2 options we can provide here due to the design of the game. Either tell you to grind for long stretches of time or travel somewhere else and do more quests, which we felt would be less boring than straight grinding. If you absolutely hate traveling more than grinding, then when you see the guide tell you to go to one of these zones, just skip ahead until you get back to your current zone. When you can’t pick up any more quests in that area that’s your queue to grind until you’re high enough to pick the next one up.

For more information please see: https://zygorguides.com/blog/importa...lassic-guides/
    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
      I will bring your concerns to the guide writing team, however, a few things I can address now:

Questing in WoW Classic is not as linear or straightforward as Retail. You don’t just go to a zone, do all the quests there, then move to the next zone. There’s no level scaling. Quests have set level ranges within each zone, and sometimes there are big gaps between them. This means options for where you can go are limited, as many quests and enemies in other areas will be too high for you.

There’s only 2 options we can provide here due to the design of the game. Either tell you to grind for long stretches of time or travel somewhere else and do more quests, which we felt would be less boring than straight grinding. If you absolutely hate traveling more than grinding, then when you see the guide tell you to go to one of these zones, just skip ahead until you get back to your current zone. When you can’t pick up any more quests in that area that’s your queue to grind until you’re high enough to pick the next one up.

For more information please see: https://zygorguides.com/blog/importa...lassic-guides/
      I get it... but it still doesn't address the reasons why the travel system is trying to continually kill me in STV and also why the guide is so mangled to the point its not useable in Darkshore. /sad

Comment

It wants me to go from Darkshore to Westfall at level 13... I don't think the writers have ever played classic. You cant just run through level 30 zones without dying hundreds of times. The time it took me to get to Westfall I could have stayed where I was and be at level 20 by now.

Comment

I've experienced minor bugs in the guides, but to call them "so mangled to the point its not useable in Darkshore" is going overboard. Speaking as a guide user I think the guide works just fine. I am at the moment of writing this using it in Darkshore and the flow is fine, and I see nothing wrong. Perhaps if you actually use the guide rather than complain just to hear yourself complain, you might find it useful. Or, you could cancel your subscription and uninstall it.

Deathicated has also not played vanilla before. Or rather anything before Cataclysm. The "Wetlands run" is the most famous run in Warcraft. Even in Retail today there are people who speak of this run. Started by Night Elf hookers just wanting to get to the human lands as early as possible to dance on mailboxes for some of that human coin, eventually it became a rite of passage for many early night elves just to make it to Ironforge and Stormwind for the flight paths. Some making the trek as early as level 1. So tell me again who hasn't played classic?

If either of you disagrees with anything I've said so far, I invite you both to come to my stream this weekend where I will be more than happy to prove both of you wrong, on screen. =^.^=

Comment

You're comparing night elf hookers that want to dance on mailboxes to players who are trying to level as fast as possible. No one said the run was impossible but time-consuming. So time-consuming it makes the trip not worth the time. You could easily continue questing in dark shore to get a more suitable level before making the hike.

I encourage you to get context before wasting your time on a lengthy reply. If your goal is to level fast -- this is not the way to do it. This is coming from someone who actually played when the content was relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathicated View Post
              You're comparing night elf hookers that want to dance on mailboxes to players who are trying to level as fast as possible. No one said the run was impossible but time-consuming. So time-consuming it makes the trip not worth the time. You could easily continue questing in dark shore to get a more suitable level before making the hike.

I encourage you to get context before wasting your time on a lengthy reply. If your goal is to level fast -- this is not the way to do it. This is coming from someone who actually played when the content was relevant.
              I found often times I left behind green/yellow quests that were never touched just to go onto a zone that is yellow/orange that I die a lot in.

Comment

Originally posted by ashkir View Post
                I found often times I left behind green/yellow quests that were never touched just to go onto a zone that is yellow/orange that I die a lot in.
                Are you saying our guide had you leave green/yellow quests to go to orange quests? Please provide a specific example of this, because we specifically wrote the guides to not do that, so not sure how that's possible.
                Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I agree you guys should have copied joanas' guide. Silly things in the starter zones, have you running back to the same spot 3 times.
                  also quests like trisfal glades Deathguard burgess accept proof of demise at level 6 the quest isnt available until level 8 i believe.
                  There is a lot of run around. Its like you guys streamlined nothing at all and just threw quests together. When you first started zygors YEARS AGO you advertised it as speed guide,level to 60 in X days /played Its kinda sad that you weren't better prepared for wow classic.
                  You guys have the UI / addon nailed but your guides for classic are very weak. Missed such a great oppurtunity to be the top dawgs here.

Comment

Working...
                  X