OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The experience so far with Zygor in classic.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The experience so far with Zygor in classic.

First off, I got to say, I love Zygor and what you guys have done with it in retail, it works really, really great and is on par with powerlevling, its just as fast and efficient as you would want it to be.

So heres the but.
    But in classic, there is ZERO efficiency, it is made to make the experience easier for the player, but in no way make the levling efficient and faster than normal. I would even say its MUCH, MUCH slower than just going with questie and actually doing the quests in the area you see.

I know this is most likelt intended. But I was really hoping Zygor would be doing an efficent levling path, and not the most convienent and easy one even if its takes much, much longer time.

For example.
    1-20 with my Hunter took 9½ hours using another guide than Zygor.
    1-20 with my Mage and Zygor took 16 hours.

Sure there are differences in classes, layers, respawns etc. But It shouldnt be a big of a gap as fridgin 6-7 hours. There are many things that make it slower, there are no optimal routes, you travel sooooo much more than necessary, sometimes you have quest in the same area, but you just dont do them at the same time and walk back and forth, you never take quests that might be harder, but soloable etc.

I wish I could critique it better, but I am no expert in what you do, Im just trying to give some facts from someone that knows efficiency and levling.

Edit: I can also add that I have continued to use Zygor to be even more precise and sure of its efficiency and I stopped at 33 because it wasnt on par with powerlevling guides and obviously catered to the new players rather than being efficient. I stopped at 33 totally with Zygor and from having a 3-3½ hour levling process between 30-33 I could take it down to 2h a level between 33-35 using another guide that is focused on power levling.
    Last edited by Prixm; September 1, 2019, 12:53 PM.

Holy crap I was wondering if it was just me.

I'm level 14 on my dwarf hunter and I've been in:

Starting Area
    Dun Murogh
    Loch Modan
    Darkshore
    Westfall

WTF?! I'm spending all this time running all over hell and back instead of doing quests that are RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME.

The guide works perfectly but the leveling piece is terrible.

Comment

I got 3 chars lvl 26,32 and 41 with the guide. Works very well..in the beginning you run yes, till you learn the flypaths. It actually checks them if you have them. I see in chat a lot of people asking "Where do i have to go . Im lvl 13. I dont see any more quest..

Zygor got me a perfect route through and i didnt had that problem. Im not powerleveling but using zygor as a guide. And its a red line from 1 to 60 . You can go off the path and do some other quests or already complete quests. Zygor recognizes this and skip steppes.

I think it s very wonderfull guide but you should not use it for the most efficient path. At lvl 20 i stopped with the guide to do my class quests for example

I do think they should need to work on the guide more but i think they are also leveling their chars now

Comment

Originally posted by razorlord View Post
        I got 3 chars lvl 26,32 and 41 with the guide. Works very well..in the beginning you run yes, till you learn the flypaths. It actually checks them if you have them. I see in chat a lot of people asking "Where do i have to go . Im lvl 13. I dont see any more quest..

Zygor got me a perfect route through and i didnt had that problem. Im not powerleveling but using zygor as a guide. And its a red line from 1 to 60 . You can go off the path and do some other quests or already complete quests. Zygor recognizes this and skip steppes.

I think it s very wonderfull guide but you should not use it for the most efficient path. At lvl 20 i stopped with the guide to do my class quests for example

I do think they should need to work on the guide more but i think they are also leveling their chars now
        When I'm in Auberdine and it takes me to all the way to Westfall for a dozen quests, then it wants me to go back to Auberdine....there's a problem.

Comment

I feel like this is the same as mentioned above, Zygor is so awesome and I love it, but it really does focus on the 100% completetion rate mostly and going for the completetion achievements.

For both classic and retail it would be so nice to see an efficient powerlvling path (something like Azeroth auto pilot) for people who only care about speed and hitting max lvl as fast as possible.

Best regards

Comment

I tried using a different guide for a few levels. I got through those levels 3 times faster then I did with Zygor.

I have 15 quests in my questlog that Zygor hasn't told me to turn in yet. 7 are gray now...

Comment

Same here guys. It was suber in retail but is all over the place and buggy in Classic.

Comment

same here
                disappointed it's an understatement

but it's funny because in TBC they had a pretty good guide, but now it's trash

Comment

Originally posted by bobo29 View Post
                  but it's funny because in TBC they had a pretty good guide, but now it's trash
                  This is the exact same routes used in vanilla, TBC, and WotLK before Cata required a complete re-write of all the 1-60 guides.
                  Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                  http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I been using it from 24 > 26. God damn it is awful. Had me at southern barrens, then had me go to silverpine, then to hillbrad, then to stonetalon, then to 1k needles. Does a few quests each place. What is this garbage. Can't beleive i paid for this. Got 2 levels in about 5 hrs following it.

Comment

Originally posted by ZG Support 1 View Post
                      This is the exact same routes used in vanilla, TBC, and WotLK before Cata required a complete re-write of all the 1-60 guides.
                      I'm not bashing, but come on....there's zero logic in the random jumping around the guide is asking you to do.

What is the point of being in Auberdine only to stop...then go all the way to IF, then SW, then to Westfall for a dozen or so quests....to go right back to Auberdine and continue where you left off?

The mechanics of the addon do work (arrow, auto sell...etc.) but the actual way it routes you while leveling is completely messed up.

Comment

In it's current state, Questie beats Zygor hands down.
                        I was using Zygor exclusively, and I agree, it feels and looks and behaves as a 'minimal effort' just to push something out the door.
                        I added in Questie this morning, as I'm tired of being lead around by the nose, in the dark, totally clueless, thinking everything will okay, it's Zygor!
                        Only to be let down, as I watch quest items build up in my bags, as it guides me on over to someplace else, to pick up more quests, while not completing much of nothing, and those extra special tips, "Go over >here< and kill mobs until you ding next level", the whole while I'm staring at quests I could be doing, and watching my limited bag space fill up with yet more quest items.

Bare bones guide is worse that Questie by a very long long long shot.

Comment

I just had the same, i am a warlock and going from Northshire to elwyn thats fine but then to Dun Morough then to Auberdine, to westfall, back to auberdine. Personaly i prefer to quest as long as i can in the same area.

Comment

Originally posted by ZG Support 1 View Post
                            Have you even used what you released to level with? It makes no sense. Why dont you just just follow Joanas route and plug the quest order into the addon? I have a hard time believing you've actually used this to level in any form of classic. If you had you would know exactly what the hell were talking about and fix it rather than defend it.
                            Last edited by Zygor; September 4, 2019, 04:53 AM. Reason: Language

Comment

Just my feedback, I never used zygor guides before... Actually used the other well known pay guide back in the day but i looked for an alternative as they are trying to charge people for something paid for already.

Anyway, I appreciate this because im playing with my gf who is a complete noob to mmorpg's and wow in general, I liked how it saved me from getting up or telling to click this or that it automates a lot of those tasks on her end, also on my end saved me some clicking.

But I did find a lot of the quest routes seem to be inefficient, in the long run you get all the quests done but at one point i had a full quest log a lot in barrens but has you going back and forth from barrens and silverpine a lot... I can understand some of these things as i think the guide is more geared to soloing as a lot of times your killing mobs for a green con quest, it would be nice if you could have a solo duo or group option when loading the questing steps.

I suppose I could still use the addon for the other QOL things and just ignore the questing and go my own route, ill see how things are after 20. Bottom line maybe someone needs to review the current routing for questing to see if there is a more efficient way, again wouldnt be a bad idea to add an option for Solo or DUO when loading the guide something maybe in the future... If things go well we might be seeing the classic servers extend to TBC which is awhile away.

Comment

Working...
                              X