X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad to see the state of Classic WoW Zygor

Dear Zygor Team,

I really like Zygor and have been using it for a long time (since MOP). But for some reason, and looking at your forums other people are experiencing this as well. The guides seem to be quite broken. Sending you all over the world and out leveling quests that are complete to the point they turn grey.

Is this how Zygor was before Cata? I can't believe that statement with your reputation.

Something needs to change before I buy another month of this product. Waiting for people to buy into what seems to be an unfinished guide before doing anything about it is a horrible business move. A month is a long time to lose customers. I really hope you don't abandon Classic WoW over the public responses so far but I can not use the addon with the state the it is in now. I was really looking forward to full Zygor for Classic WoW but now I'm just worried.

So I'm going to unsubscribe for now. If you have a mailing list for Classic WoW guide updates feel free to put me on it.

Sincerely,

- A concerned Zygor user.

No Pre-cata Zygor was not like this. It would have you do all quests in a zone and turn them in right away before moving on to the next hub.

Comment

Originally posted by firegodd View Post
      No Pre-cata Zygor was not like this. It would have you do all quests in a zone and turn them in right away before moving on to the next hub.
      You are wrong. These are the exact same routes/paths that were in our guides pre-Cata.
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Agreed, it is completely unusable in its current state. Making you ignore handins and travel across the map to start other silly quests, then making you travel all the way back to the barrens from the eastern kingdoms to finally do the handins..This could potentially waste hours upon hours of time if it is consistent with the whole guide. On top of that, a lof of the quests chosen are green/lower level

The guide right now can either be considered broken or a completely inefficient leveling guide. i use it only for the utility (finding npcs, a mailbox option would be good) at the moment and will be unsubbing, using another guide as reference, unless it improves a lot.
        Last edited by fruitfly; September 2, 2019, 07:21 PM.

Comment

I actually remember the guide being exactly the way it is now before Cata. Has everyone's memory been wiped? Or are people just mad they actually have to work to get XP in classic?

Comment

I agree with you here. Everyone is just like this in the game too. It's like they've literally forgotten what it was like back then.

Comment

I to am experiencing very buggy acts from my guide. Zygor has always been great to use, but this broken system is a let down. I wasted $8 this month in hopes to have an edge on leveling. Instead i do a quest and get told to travel and hour away to do a quest to get told to travel back another hour.....what the heck Zygor. Please fix this mess.

Comment

Originally posted by ZG Support 1 View Post
                You are wrong. These are the exact same routes/paths that were in our guides pre-Cata.
                I am not wrong. I remember the way it was. It would have you finish the quests at a Hub then move on. If that meant grinding till you can accept a quest then that's what you did. It never had you jump all over to different zones.

Comment

I am not wrong. I remember the way it was. It would have you finish the quests at a Hub then move on. If that meant grinding till you can accept a quest then that's what you did. It never had you jump all over to different zones.
                  This is partly true. We DID add a lot more quests into the 1-30 range, in an attempt to keep you higher level than the enemies you encounter until you hit the difficulty wall in the early 30's. Our original guides didn't have you bouncing back and forth between continents, that is new, but there still was an element of bouncing around between zones. That's just how the game is designed, you kind of have to go back and forth somewhat. But I do agree that I think we tried TOO hard to keep all classes comfortable in terms of easiness during the leveling process, and this sacrificed a lot of speed in the early levels, unfortunately.

On the bright side, we did write a version of the leveling guides during the beta that more closely matches our original guides. However, these weren't tested at all, since we made the switch to adding a lot more quests, ending up with the guide you see released now.

But rest assured, we're now working to implement all of the bug fixes reported in the guides since launch to that version of the guides, and testing them as fast as we can. As soon as we're confident those are releasable, we will release those to replace the current guides.
                  Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                  http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                  http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I leveled four characters in original vanilla using your buy service for the addon and guide. It was excellent. This new guide is nothing like it and highly disappointing... to the point that I would not have subscribed if I had known that I was getting this product instead of the original guide.

The issues I see:

Too much back and forth between zones and not doing the easy quests available in the zone.

Too many buy off the AH quests for a new release where these items are unlikely to be available.

Far too often being told to farm half a level of experience on mobs when there were quests available that weren't assigned. I did not have to do that in the original WoW with your guide.

Please fix your product. It should be superior to the free guides out there and I'm not finding that to be the case at the moment. It is substantially inferior to your guide I used the first years of WoW vanilla.
                    Last edited by Celdrahil; September 3, 2019, 03:22 PM.

Comment

I agree with that, I don't think it's worth anymore the price.

It's making me take way more time to level and I am using it only for vendors and other things.

Sometimes it says "Level up to "x" level" while you can see in map 4-5 good quests to farm xp easily and fast, but no, just "level up".. I know I have to level up lol.

I completed some quests using Zygor and it still say I should complete it, made me travel the whole world and when I got there it was completed.

It have amazing potential but at this state I don't know if it's worth, I will keep paying because I trust you.
                      Last edited by Alianca; September 3, 2019, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CallmeGape View Post
                        Dear Zygor Team,

I really like Zygor and have been using it for a long time (since MOP). But for some reason, and looking at your forums other people are experiencing this as well. The guides seem to be quite broken. Sending you all over the world and out leveling quests that are complete to the point they turn grey.

Is this how Zygor was before Cata? I can't believe that statement with your reputation.

Something needs to change before I buy another month of this product. Waiting for people to buy into what seems to be an unfinished guide before doing anything about it is a horrible business move. A month is a long time to lose customers. I really hope you don't abandon Classic WoW over the public responses so far but I can not use the addon with the state the it is in now. I was really looking forward to full Zygor for Classic WoW but now I'm just worried.

So I'm going to unsubscribe for now. If you have a mailing list for Classic WoW guide updates feel free to put me on it.

Sincerely,

- A concerned Zygor user.
                        I disagree. I follow the guide by the letter and quests are never gray for me. Maybe you pick up extra XP by doing dungeons?? The guide doesnt say do dungeons. Its a SOLO guide

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
                          This is partly true. We DID add a lot more quests into the 1-30 range, in an attempt to keep you higher level than the enemies you encounter until you hit the difficulty wall in the early 30's. Our original guides didn't have you bouncing back and forth between continents, that is new, but there still was an element of bouncing around between zones. That's just how the game is designed, you kind of have to go back and forth somewhat. But I do agree that I think we tried TOO hard to keep all classes comfortable in terms of easiness during the leveling process, and this sacrificed a lot of speed in the early levels, unfortunately.

On the bright side, we did write a version of the leveling guides during the beta that more closely matches our original guides. However, these weren't tested at all, since we made the switch to adding a lot more quests, ending up with the guide you see released now.

But rest assured, we're now working to implement all of the bug fixes reported in the guides since launch to that version of the guides, and testing them as fast as we can. As soon as we're confident those are releasable, we will release those to replace the current guides.
                          Well thank you very much!!! Look forward to seeing it sometime soon!

Comment

Working...
                          X