Zone guides?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zone guides?

I think for some of us who are wanting to enjoy our leveling experience at a slower pace and take in the zones beauty, I'd almost prefer to use a zone guide as oppose to an "inefficient" leveling guide. Any idea on how long it's gonna take you guys to offer an option like that?

Zone guides like you see in the retail BfA guides just don't work in classic.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by ZG Support 1 View Post
      I'd like the be able to pick my own leveling flow (seeing as Zygor's classic flow is so inefficient), and just receive guidance on the quests I choose to do. In the retail guide I can search quests via the quest log, but can't seem to do this in classic.

Comment

So you’re saying I can’t quest through an entire zone without say, jumping to an entirely different zone.....for 2 quests.....then coming all the way back to the original zone I was questing in? I call bs.....because I just did it in Darkshore (your guide tried to send me to Westfall twice). The amount of time I spend hopping continents is not worth the amount of XP I gain by doing those few quests I left for.

I’m not saying make the guide like retail. But I fail to believe you can’t have zone guides. There “may” be a few zones where you encounter a skip in recommended levels (25-30, 35-43) but for those instances, the guide should break and not just flow. People get into a rythem when they’re questing and hopping continents really slows down momentum.

Also, where’s the profession guides, rep guides, dungeon / raid guides (attunement steps)? Is that on the horizon and about how far out are we looking before we see them or do I just need to keep wowhead up all them time?
        Last edited by chaz1142000; September 3, 2019, 02:21 AM.

Comment

Hi zygor guide's admins. You are fighting a losing battle not providing a zone by zone guide. I am spending more time backtracking to do prereqs for quests myself to try and fill in the gaps from your guides atm as a long time subscriber i can tell you i am not happy at all. The added punch in the face is you jumping in here telling your customers that we are being stupid asking for zone by zone guides lets US make that decision. I will say guide 25 to 30 step 118 Kill Sharptalon is not dropping the quest item because you didnt start us on the Ashenvale hunt i spent 20 kills at 5 to 10 minute respawns a pop to figure out that the guide missed something and that i was being unlucky. Please do a zone by zone with dungeon suggestions to grind the extra xp this guide in its current form is worthless. VERY UNHAPPY LONG TERM CUSTOMER.......

Comment

Originally posted by darkmoo View Post
            Hi zygor guide's admins. You are fighting a losing battle not providing a zone by zone guide. I am spending more time backtracking to do prereqs for quests myself to try and fill in the gaps from your guides atm as a long time subscriber i can tell you i am not happy at all. The added punch in the face is you jumping in here telling your customers that we are being stupid asking for zone by zone guides lets US make that decision. I will say guide 25 to 30 step 118 Kill Sharptalon is not dropping the quest item because you didnt start us on the Ashenvale hunt i spent 20 kills at 5 to 10 minute respawns a pop to figure out that the guide missed something and that i was being unlucky. Please do a zone by zone with dungeon suggestions to grind the extra xp this guide in its current form is worthless. VERY UNHAPPY LONG TERM CUSTOMER.......
            Thats odd. I don't recall doing Ashenvale Hunt either, but when I killed Shartalon it dropped Sharptalon's Claw to begin the quest. I followed the guide 100% and had no issue with that in particular.

Comment

Originally posted by nephew View Post
              Thats odd. I don't recall doing Ashenvale Hunt either, but when I killed Shartalon it dropped Sharptalon's Claw to begin the quest. I followed the guide 100% and had no issue with that in particular.
              The guide has just had me pick up the Ashenvale Hunt breadcrumb quest in Thunder Bluff.

Comment

Funny thing...the retail version had zone guides before Cataclysm, after Cataclysm and even after the dynamic level range. So it worked for Retail. I don't see why it wouldnt work for classic.

Comment

Perhaps people do not remember everything like they think they do. Here is a screen shot of the guide selection for one of the last versions of Zygor in WotLK before Cataclysm came out. There were no zone guides before Cataclysm. http://puu.sh/EcZlq/7f27ce4e17.png
                  Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                  http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

The current guides are not as different from the originals as some folks seem to think, but we are looking into breaking the guides into zones for easier navigation, although, in many cases, you still will not be able to just pick a zone at random and go questing there as the design of Classic does not allow this.
                    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Originally posted by darkmoo View Post

I didnt have that issue. I follow the guide exactly how it presents itself. You probably hop on and off from what you need to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
                        The current guides are not as different from the originals as some folks seem to think, but we are looking into breaking the guides into zones for easier navigation, although, in many cases, you still will not be able to just pick a zone at random and go questing there as the design of Classic does not allow this.

Its because they have been spoiled in retail with your guides and dont remember how classic questing was. I do remember and bought your original guide. Im following now the new classic one and its perfect. Thank you.

No offence to the people here complaining but they probably go off and on the guide and do dungeons and other steps and skip quests

Comment

I think the point is that the guide is made to leveling the faster possible. Like me I don't care expend weeks to get to level 60, I want to do all the quest possible on each map. right now I'm troll lvl 12 just get the mission of Slaying the Best and Hidden Enemies. The guide shows me to jump to Undercity now. without finishing the quest. After finish Durotar, the logic should be do Barrens (With the mission Conscript of the Horde). That is what i thing should be a complete pay addon should be. Also, how level professions etc.

Comment

Originally posted by razorlord View Post
                            Its because they have been spoiled in retail with your guides and dont remember how classic questing was.
                            I'm sick of reading clueless people parroting this. It's nothing to do with being "spoiled" and not remembering. The classic guide is just terribly inefficient. It makes you do quests and then instead of turning them in it will make you take a flight from barrens to the silverpine, do 1 quest (despite there being many level appropriate quests there), then fly back to barrens, run to stonetalon, do maybe 2 quests there (despite there being many level appropriate quests there) etc - all the time that quest you didn't turn in that was next to the flightmaster has turned green/grey.

Half the time I'm finding myself skipping ahead in the guide so I can keep questing in the same area rather than transferring continents for a single quest then going back to the same spot.

The guide is good in spots where it just concentrates you in completing a bunch of quests in the one spot , it's just REALLY badly laid out for most of it.

Comment

So I'm currently level 34 in Desolace. Out here, there were some level 31-33 quests, but then they jump up to level 37-39 quests. Obviously I'll have to leave this zone and come back.

That's just how it is in Classic.

Comment

Working...
                              X