OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extremely disappointed with the quality of this guide.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extremely disappointed with the quality of this guide.

I've been using this guide up until my 30's.

After level 10, I began questioning what and where this guide had been telling me where to go and what to do.

Some of my issues:

* Holding onto quests until they become grey - why?
    * Frequently completing quests but not being told to turn them in until they've gone from yellow to green/grey.
    *Completing 1 quest in a zone, and being told to travel to another faraway location or zone entirely
    *Pathing has been incorrect, forcing me to spend a ton of time looking for shortcuts I believe the guide is trying to tell me to look for.
    *A few times the guide had indicated I should hearth to an inn, only to correct itself and telling me to go BACK to where I just was.
    *Expecting you to kill every single mob on the way to your quests, when they frequently send you on paths with green to grey mobs, results in your having to frequently grind 40-50% of a level in order to proceed onto their next step. This makes no sense, when the zones you're telling me to grind mobs in, have an abundance of quests directly ASKING you to kill the mobs the guide is telling you to grind on.

I've spent A LOT of down time running around the world, and simply doing quests that never are turned in.

I rolled a new character and tested out Azeroth Auto Quest, which seemed to work much more smoothly. I definitely feel as if the premium membership I paid for this was not worth it at all.

I used Zygor back in the day, and loved it. The classic experience with it however, has left a very sour taste in my mouth. I would NOT recommend this to anyone. I've quit the guide and began dungeon grinding, as it is much more efficient at this point.

Buyer beware.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that, I had friends using Azeroth Auto Quest and another free Questing guide out level me, despite similar or less playtime than me.
    Last edited by Lloydganks; September 3, 2019, 12:15 PM.

Honestly, I can't say I disagree with anything you've said.
    I get that classic is a newer thing for them to work on and build-out, but it's certainly a worse experience to use Zygor for Classic vs Retail. Especially considering missing features (AH and Dungeon Guides, for example).
    I'm unsure if I will continue with the Zygor subscription after this month considering these set backs unfortunately.

Comment

I agree with the OP. The entire route is horrible. So much traveling from continent to continent, and quests that aren't finished or aren't handed in until they are either green or grey. Did you guys test this in the beta from 1-40? I give this a 2/10.

Also for folks saying AAP is better, it's near a direct route rip-off of this guide.

I am very disappointed.

Comment

I came here just to say the guide in classic is downright rubbish. But seems alot of other players are saying the same thing. Hopefully this new guide update will sort it!

Comment

Working...
        X