what the hell am i supposed to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what the hell am i supposed to do?

I've leveled my rogue till 38ish using the first version you released for classic and then till 42 using free addons like questie.
    After upgrading to your latest version i found myself in the middle of the nowhere and guide telling me to pick up quest that I am not attuned for and to turn in quest that I've never done.
    Great job! Keep it up, this will be for sure my last month in here
    Last edited by Zygor; September 18, 2019, 06:28 PM. Reason: language

When switching in the middle of any questing guide will be a little rough. We recommend you load the guide for about 3 levels below you and start from there. Just skip any steps you can't do and before long you will be in sync with the guides.

Comment

Originally posted by ZG Support 2 View Post
      When switching in the middle of any questing guide will be a little rough. We recommend you load the guide for about 3 levels below you and start from there. Just skip any steps you can't do and before long you will be in sync with the guides.
      This answer, quite frankly, isn't good enough.

I find it really frustrating that you don't check if people actually have the quests you tell us to do.
      It should be trivial for you via the API to check if we have the quest the current step is showing, it's literally three lines of code:

for questLogIndex = 1, GetNumQuestLogEntries() do
      local questId = select(8, GetQuestLogTitle(questLogIndex))
      end

It should also be trivial for you to check if we have done prerequisites for quests you are telling us to do. Granted, this probably would require you to have a database of followup quest lines, it's something so basic that I would expect this from a paid product.

Running across half the map to find a quest giver, no quest to be found, going to Wowhead and checking if there's something you haven't done, and ending up manually running /script print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(x)) to figure out if you're even attuned is both time consuming and frustrating, and quite frankly something that the guide should automatically do.

If my memory serves me well from way back in the day, you used to have a "Skip impossible steps" option. Why don't you have such an option now which will automatically skip such scenarios?

Comment

dude first just stop your getting all worked up over really what, what are you getting worked up over the fact that you know the code to fix the guide but are too dumb to make your own so you give zygor your money or your getting worked up because you know how to fix it better than anyone else on the zygors team but they have not hired you yet which by your post I wouldn't hire you either the whole angry over a game a timesink just doesn't work for you and the answer that zygor gave is enough for those of us who don't speak or understand code I would add that if you reload the guide from the beginning and hit the fast-forward button it will stop at the parts you have not done yet so you can pick up the items that way aswell sure you may have to backtrack but it is a timesink a game it isn't a big deal its not like real life

Comment

Originally posted by skunkwerkks View Post
          dude first just stop your getting all worked up over really what, what are you getting worked up over the fact that you know the code to fix the guide but are too dumb to make your own so you give zygor your money or your getting worked up because you know how to fix it better than anyone else on the zygors team but they have not hired you yet which by your post I wouldn't hire you either the whole angry over a game a timesink just doesn't work for you and the answer that zygor gave is enough for those of us who don't speak or understand code I would add that if you reload the guide from the beginning and hit the fast-forward button it will stop at the parts you have not done yet so you can pick up the items that way aswell sure you may have to backtrack but it is a timesink a game it isn't a big deal its not like real life
          After trying to decode your incoherent rambling, I have learned several things:
          • How buying a product that is within the realm of your own profession automatically means that you are dumb (guess I just have to start making all the software I use myself)
          • That instead of buying products, you should just make every product yourself
          • That, shockingly, you won't be hired by a company that you didn't apply for a position with
          • That pointing out something that seems like an obvious oversight, and something that has multiple complaints already, will result in personal attacks

It's perfectly valid to point out features that you think are missing from a product.
          Pointing these things out gives the developers the ability to improve it, or the ability to either say "No, that isn't a feature we are going to support", or "Yes, this is in fact something that we are going to implement" or "Yes, this can't yet be implemented because of reason x", or even "Yes, this is already implemented, but not enabled yet for reason y."

Without a dialog with your customer base, there is little way to know what they want or don't want.

I'm pretty sure Zygor and his team of developers are awesome, talented people. The guides they have produced, coupled with a complex addon, is really impressive.
          Does it mean it doesn't have flaws or that it can't be improved? No.

And you're right, I neither have the time or the will to make a guide like this.
          That's why I gave them my money, you know, kind of like how a market of buyers and sellers actually work.

Did I come across as a little snarky in my first post? Perhaps, my apologies. In no way do I want to "tell them how to do their jobs", they already know best how to do this.
          Did you come across as a defendist of your favorite thing in the world that you think is flawless? Definitely.

But here's the thing:
          I'm not interested in having a troll discussion with you.
          What I'm interested in is that the developers see the feedback, and then they can add that to their list of inputs from their customer base.

Comment

For the record I agree fictive. There are a number of solutions to this problem. The easiest probably being making small guides that are just pre-req guides for the main ones. This way it's somewhat easy to jump in and out as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by fictive View Post
              This answer, quite frankly, isn't good enough.

I find it really frustrating that you don't check if people actually have the quests you tell us to do.
              It should be trivial for you via the API to check if we have the quest the current step is showing, it's literally three lines of code:

for questLogIndex = 1, GetNumQuestLogEntries() do
              local questId = select(8, GetQuestLogTitle(questLogIndex))
              end

It should also be trivial for you to check if we have done prerequisites for quests you are telling us to do. Granted, this probably would require you to have a database of followup quest lines, it's something so basic that I would expect this from a paid product.

Running across half the map to find a quest giver, no quest to be found, going to Wowhead and checking if there's something you haven't done, and ending up manually running /script print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(x)) to figure out if you're even attuned is both time consuming and frustrating, and quite frankly something that the guide should automatically do.

If my memory serves me well from way back in the day, you used to have a "Skip impossible steps" option. Why don't you have such an option now which will automatically skip such scenarios?
              love you man, couldn't write it better

Comment

Originally posted by ZG Support 2 View Post
                Talk about a lazy and good for nothing answer... Roll back to the prior version of the guide becasue its clear no one accepts this junk

Comment

Working...
                X