Horde Leveling Time Sink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horde Leveling Time Sink

Please, please take step 52 (Horde Quest: The Corrupter) away from Horde leveling guide in Desolace 32-34. Spawn rates for Naga Oracles is incredibly low (spawns are shared with 5 or 6 other types of Naga). I gave up after two gold/two hours of underwater breathing potions and another hour of hovering over vents. In that time I killed only 8 Oracles and none dropped the crystal. What a complete waste of time. I gained 1.3 levels just grinding Naga on this one quest but sadly at a much slower rate than had I ground just about anything else. This is a total time sink.

If we take the quest out, which is designed to make you naturally grind while searching for a quest item, this will leave a void that will require you to grind more at a later point in the guide, to keep up with the levels. Granted, it would likely be in a more manageable spot to grind (on land versus underwater), so it may not be as painful. However, another downside is that if you skip that quest, you will miss out on about 7,000 - 10,000 experience while completing the followup quests, when you account for grinding mobs while completing those quests as well. So all in all, you'd be missing out on several thousand experience points that would need to be made up with grinding at some other location later, or running a dungeon or something.

We will consider this on our next round of testing of the Horde guide, thanks.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Well, I think I more than made up for the follow up quests with how long I was there and still unable to complete the quest. I will try again today since I am a glutton for Blizzards S/M.

Comment

I went back today and ground it out by killing naga on the island for another 2 hours 20 minutes. I gained another level and had to kill about another 30 Oracles before I got the crystal. This quest, the follow up quests and the rewards are not worth the time investment not to mention any gold you have to spend on underwater breathing potions. There are so many other quests in the game and at this level that will reap a better investment of time and money.

But hey, who am I to judge?

Comment

Yeah the quest definitely sucks. And grinding the mobs are a bit of a pain for certain classes since they run away when on low health.

I would like to suggest the guide include a little blurb saying to kill all nagas, since almost anyone can spawn as an Oracle.

Comment

Working...
          X