Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insiffucient XP at the end of each level

Hello all,

I have been trying to follow the Classic leveling guide for my NE Priest verbatim. However, I am now level 49, and since level 45 I have encountered a problem. At the end of every level, even though I know that the guide is sending me all over the place to make leveling easier, I am coming up at least 5 bars of XP short, and the guide just tells me to "Kill enemies in the area until I reach level XX".

I find this incredibly frustrating and annoying as one of the main reasons for following a guide is to avoid the grinding aspects of the game.

Has anyone else come across the same, or similar problems ? Am I doingsomething wrong>

My thoughts are that I assume that Zygor have constructed the guides in such a way that sufficient XP is gained throughout a level through the quests and enemies that need killing for those quests. This being the case, I would like to know how I can avoid these frustrating periods of grinding for the rest of the levels.

Ish

Grinding is unavoidable in Classic, you can't level all the way to 60 just by doing quests. The game is different from retail in that way.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

as a 57 mage I am feeling your pain, though maybe not as much as I can AoE grind in most zones for the bars I need.

I am *very* concerned that when I make my NE warrior this is going to be much harder as I lose that ability.

As an aside, when it comes to reporting bugs with the guide content is there a format/template the devs would prefer we use for subject/body of a post for easiest reading?

Comment

Thanks - I suppose I had thought that the guides were put together is such a way as to avoid this, with calculations being made over the quest XP needed per level. How come it is only now becoming an issue and not any of the levels before 45?

Comment

Originally posted by linkandzelda View Post
          as a 57 mage I am feeling your pain, though maybe not as much as I can AoE grind in most zones for the bars I need.

I am *very* concerned that when I make my NE warrior this is going to be much harder as I lose that ability.

As an aside, when it comes to reporting bugs with the guide content is there a format/template the devs would prefer we use for subject/body of a post for easiest reading?
          Thanks - it's nice to know that it isn't just me on my own :P

PS - btw, when you come to level a NE anything then Shadowmeld will be your friend , also, I had been concentrating on not doing many dungeons, however in retrospect that was a mistake, and, as the guide don't ever give you dungeon quests, there is a lot, a lot of a lot, of valuable XP going wasted. This is one option I feel the guide really need to sort out. The ability to toggle on/off dungeons in the guides, so that you are able to go and find ALL available quests for a particular dungeon, and then run them, would be a massive improvement imo.
          Last edited by Ridowh; October 6, 2019, 11:18 AM.

Comment

We will be adding dungeon guides later, which will walk you through completing the dungeon quests. Those will be helpful to most people, but others who are focused purely on speed, grinding is quicker, since it takes time to form groups and travel to dungeons, etc.
            http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Comment

Dungeon guides sound great too. I was going to let this thread die, however this issue for me has got worse. I am now at Level 52, and, since level 45, there has been a grind to complete each one in order to stay aligned with the guide. However, this is now getting a little ridiculous. From level 45 to 49 there were normally about 4-5 bars of XP required to grind out at the end of each level, That is 25% of the level itself. However, Level 50 required me to grind out 6 bars, that's 33%. Level 51 required 8 bars, 40%. And now, level 52, has just asked me to 'grind' out 9 and half levels. that's around a MASSIVE 47.5% of the level itself, practically HALF of it. Even you have to surely admit that you are padding these levels with 'Grind' steps. I would have expected the guide to now zip me off across Azeroth to pick up other quests, of which there are plenty available, in order to progress. Why have you not included there in the guide. It feels unfinished and incomplete.

Is anyone else encountering the same feeling? There are lots of quests out there, why aren't they in the guide?

Comment

Yes Thats why I stopped following the guide and started just grabbing all the quests and using carbonite classic instead. Now I am dumping quests because I out lvl the quests and level faster than running around all of azeroth. Just for a test I decided to see if the new more "efficient leveling guide" had improved things, I tried one character using strictly zygor and 1 using grab all and go with carbonite and leveled both night elf hunters to level 30 then typed /played to see hours spent on each toon. Zygor was a full 6hrs 2min slower. No dungeons run on either hunter.

Comment

That's really interesting KC3EKL. Thanks for the info.
                  Last edited by Ridowh; October 9, 2019, 01:53 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

@KC3EKL interesting test. Did you do any grinding on either toon? Would also be interested to know if you managed to get all the way to 60 with the carbonite method or if you run out of quests, and if so at what level.
                    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Comment

Originally posted by Ridowh View Post
                      Dungeon guides sound great too. I was going to let this thread die, however this issue for me has got worse. I am now at Level 52, and, since level 45, there has been a grind to complete each one in order to stay aligned with the guide. However, this is now getting a little ridiculous. From level 45 to 49 there were normally about 4-5 bars of XP required to grind out at the end of each level, That is 25% of the level itself. However, Level 50 required me to grind out 6 bars, that's 33%. Level 51 required 8 bars, 40%. And now, level 52, has just asked me to 'grind' out 9 and half levels. that's around a MASSIVE 47.5% of the level itself, practically HALF of it. Even you have to surely admit that you are padding these levels with 'Grind' steps. I would have expected the guide to now zip me off across Azeroth to pick up other quests, of which there are plenty available, in order to progress. Why have you not included there in the guide. It feels unfinished and incomplete.

Is anyone else encountering the same feeling? There are lots of quests out there, why aren't they in the guide?

I feel your pain, I think this classic guide has been rushed to just cash in and padded out with grind until your x level. It's not even getting more content added to it either in a hurry, such a shame because the retail Zygor is amazing and so many switching to classic you'd think Zygor would really focus most efforts on this guide before people just sack it off and go else where

Comment

Would it work to say, go to other zones while leveling and do those quests there till they are green etc then come back to original area? Example-start Orc in Durotar till 10-15 then go to undead do starter area etc there, then TB and repeat so you are questing and staying ahead of the grind? Maybe a lot of travel but perhaps a solution.
                        I was reading Shadowpanhthers Alliance Leveling guide and thats exactly what he does. Slower a bit to level perhaps and made for Rep but same idea

Comment

People complained because we sent them to Silverpine Forest so we removed it. According to them it was inefficient to be running to the other continent to level.
                          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Comment

Originally posted by ZG Support 1 View Post
                            People complained because we sent them to Silverpine Forest so we removed it. According to them it was inefficient to be running to the other continent to level.
                            You should of had the two separate options then, because I disagree it was worth the travel over there especially when ShadowFang Keep is there so most players will need to be over there at some point if they want to dungeon.

Me personally I don't grind I find it boring as heck, I dungeon to pad levels

Comment

Working...
                            X